Become a Patron!

This is why you should frequently check under silicone sleeves

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm usually good about doing this once a week. But got lazy with my IPV Mini. Took the silicone sleeve off this weekend and apparently I had a leak that I had missed. Needles to say the finish is shot. It was pristine before this. Lesson learned the hard way.

3ea87addf2aca9342738f6f027d573a7.jpg

89c3ddcced7ee3e3d5be26414b23beee.jpg

Tap'd from my 6 Plus

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
IMO, the finish on the mini is shit anyway. My wife has one and I am disappointed with how UNdurable the finish is.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I stopped using my SW sleeve and it seems to keep juice rather then protect the SW from it...I just use Wraps now to protect my Mods...Not as much drop protection but it wont destroy my mod either...
Carbon Wrap Wolfs .jpg Carbon Wrap Wolfs.jpg

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks Garemlin. Had one mod to check and it was a bit sticky. Good info, sorry for your loss-ish.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not that broken hearted. This is the original IPV Mini 30w that I have had since release so it has served me well. I pride myself with keeping most everything I own in minty mint condition so it does bother me a bit. At least the sleeve will keep it out of sight.

Tap'd from my 6 Plus

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
you can buff the rest of the paint off and polish it.

i did this with my 3li
looks better now

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
you can buff the rest of the paint off and polish it.

i did this with my 3li
looks better now

As easy as it is flaking off I don't even think buffing is necessary. LOL

Tap'd from my 6 Plus

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What the hell are you vaping that strips paint off? You wouldn't think anything we use in juce would strip paint :confused:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I found my flat plastic drip tip next to my clove oil container...the clove oil melted the drip tip....Im sure some homemade juices could end up being just as bad. :D

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What the hell are you vaping that strips paint off? You wouldn't think anything we use in juce would strip paint :confused:

Sweeteners play hell on paint. Especially if they have a chance to sit. Apparently these have shitty paint apps anyway. I have been able to strip almost the whole thing with my fingernail and barely any pressure. Even the black on the fire button came off.

Tap'd from my 6 Plus

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd probably be checking out the juice source, too. Haven't had a tank leak without me knowing about it in quite some time. Even my Goblin minis don't give up much more than a little condensate. Any more than that and it's time for a talk with that atty.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, didn't look like a lot of prep went into that paint job, not surprised it all started to go once it started blistering.
Oh well, at least you got some mileage out of it

VU Sponsors