https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Make sure your batteries are in good shape, married sets, and your mod is LOCKED
AND SPARE BATTERIES ARE IN A GOOD CASE OR BATTERY COMDOM OR BOTH

Last edited:

Kethiju

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Just how many lighters have exploded when handled properly? Oh, none? Well hot damn! Turns out that Li-ion batters are to be handled properly too. Who'd have guessed?! Lock the device and in it's own pocket. Idiots...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My fuckin' dog can Photo Shop a better vid than that. Big tobacco's profits are damn near flat. They hate us & will do anything to make Vaping look bad. :cool:
Hate to say it but that did really happen. It's not a fake video. It's a real idiot though

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just how many lighters have exploded when handled properly? Oh, none? Well hot damn! Turns out that Li-ion batters are to be handled properly too. Who'd have guessed?! Lock the device and in it's own pocket. Idiots...
I had one of those cheap chinese pre recall catch fire a few years back. Lit a nag champa stick set the lighter down and a couple minutes later hear a whooshing sound and go into the room where the lighter was to see it spewing an 8' flame out the side.

The metal retained the heat and melted the pressure valve. and flames.

Kethiju

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I had one of those cheap chinese pre recall catch fire a few years back. Lit a nag champa stick set the lighter down and a couple minutes later hear a whooshing sound and go into the room where the lighter was to see it spewing an 8' flame out the side.

The metal retained the heat and melted the pressure valve. and flames.
I stand corrected. That failure was due to manufacture error or defect.

Kethiju

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I stood there for a second shitting my pants... corrected is good, in fact better than shitting pants.
Maybe you should have had a pair of "Oops! I Shit My Pants!" Adult incontinence aides on. Lmao!

F

fckaugust8th

Maybe this is God's hand at population control? We surely don't need his contribution to the gene pool, it already is shallow and murky.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Vladimir-Putin-laugh-gif.gif

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
you mean after they doused it with the fire extinguisher and stopped his pants from burning?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
so you can tell that it was a battery that pulled out of his pocket and that it was not burning?
you have really good eyes. - what if he had more than one battery and one lit up and the other didn't?
I have no doubt that what is shown is a battery hardshorting.

martin

Member For 4 Years
[Q2UOTE="f1r3b1rd, post: 991398, member: 19028"]so you can tell that it was a battery that pulled out of his pocket and that it was not burning?
you have really good eyes. - what if he had more than one battery and one lit up and the other didn't?
I have no doubt that what is shown is a battery hardshorting.[/QUOTE]i
so you can tell that it was a battery that pulled out of his pocket and that it was not burning?
I have no doubt that what is shown is a battery hardshorting.
he pulled two 18650 out of pocket and ran outside im just saying you would think he would have responded / panicked in the store was their a follow up of this event [ im in the uk ] so may have missed any follow up

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Did you watch the video?

martin

Member For 4 Years
Did you watch the video?
yip and still not convinced millions vaping 25 incidents in 5 years 80% while charging this happens in a petrol station
good odds on that at the bookies . not saying it did not happen but do not rule out things like this being staged

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
yip and still not convinced millions vaping 25 incidents in 5 years 80% while charging this happens in a petrol station
good odds on that at the bookies . not saying it did not happen but do not rule out things like this being staged

What I didn't get was why, if this is a GAS STATION ("petrol") he ran OUTSIDE WHERE THE GAS PUMPS ARE to dump something burning. It's like, it's not sufficient to him that HE got burned, he wants everyone in a 5 block radius to get burned too? I have to wonder if this guy should be let out of the house, nevermind vape with powerful batteries.

Andria

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I saw a story on one of the news sites about Li-pos and this guy and video were mentioned. It said he took the batteries out of his mod and put them in his pocket. His comment was "I didn't know they would do that". I wish I would have saved it to post here.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heh, sure do... how weird was that, a vape blast at Vape Blast. :D

Andria
Yeah I know.
Personally I think anybody interested in using a mechanical mod should watch the first 8:26 minutes of the video linked in that article.

So true a unlocked device and a pocket equal exploded pants!

avyrus666

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looking past the scenario, only 2 dozen fires in that long amount of time should confirm just how misinformed people really are...

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What I didn't get was why, if this is a GAS STATION ("petrol") he ran OUTSIDE WHERE THE GAS PUMPS ARE to dump something burning. It's like, it's not sufficient to him that HE got burned, he wants everyone in a 5 block radius to get burned too? I have to wonder if this guy should be let out of the house, nevermind vape with powerful batteries.

Andria

If sufficient heat is expelled under the canopies in my are the entire station would be flooded with fire retardant! No worries about setting the station on fire. I need to go back and look to see if the station has a canopy............

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you have ever been witness or involved in one of these events you would not think it is very funny. I have many years of working in Auto Repair Shops so I have witnessed this first hand.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When dumb fuckery meets MXJO... the Derp is strong with this brain trust.

Douche tooth... camo, and grungy floor.... holy fuck it is the Darwin trifecta pre reqs.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When dumb fuckery meets MXJO... the Derp is strong with this brain trust.

Douche tooth... camo, and grungy floor.... holy fuck it is the Darwin trifecta pre reqs.

They need to make some kind of safety device? Uh, excuse me they already do!

VU Sponsors