Become a Patron!

This looks like a can of worms...

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
VAPE95
VAPE95 is down for maintenance and change of ownership. We've experienced a couple tragedies before the holiday's and we promise to get everything straightened out. All orders that were placed prior will be fulfilled in the next day or two. If unable to fulfill we will refund your money. We are not in any financial trouble, just personal tragedies. We had a close friend and employee pass away during an attempted robbery and one of the partners has gone missing. The last remaining partner was out of the country for the holidays and has just returned. He was in the bush in South Africa and was unreachable until last night. We have made the decision to deal with any current issues and catch up with shipping prior to relaunching under new management and ownership. Bear with us until we clean up the current issues and relaunch with new business processes, customer service, and ownership. The missing partner was responsible for day to day operations and since his disappearance we have been managing with just the backup inventory. We have now run out of current inventory and will need access to his home to get the remaining inventory. We have been granted supervised access to that section of the home either tomorrow or Weds. Anything not available immediately will be refunded. The remaining partner has apologized for all of the inconvenience this has caused and he will work tirelessly to make every single customers orders right.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
they forgot about the camel dieing...

in all seriousness...if this is true. I hope the best for them all.
if its bs - smh

MorpheusPA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Read with a lack of empathy, it sounds like a bad country song. Read with it, it sounds like the worst week on record for anybody I ever heard about.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Robbery, dead employee, missing partner.

Reads like an Agatha Christie novel. But played out in a sympathetic social forum to excuse lost orders and stolen money.

Must suck to have an order in with these guys.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wonder if "missing partner" is vaping with the fishes, or living the life of ease in Belize....

Didn't spend a lot of time researching it, but I could find no mention of a vape store robbery gone bad...

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's the same scam tune sung by every business that is bailing and taking the money. Family tragedy, dog run over, robbery, sister missing. Putting out that much personal information is just a well known ruse. If you ordered from this company file a cc dispute or paypal dispute immediately.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
From their FriendFace page.. Dated Dec 10.

Hello Everyone. Vape95 is now back in control of the owners. We transitioned our ordering and support to an outside logistics company. During the transition they showed great competence and great customer service. Based on that positive experience, we transferred our email and support desk and everything over and we were just supposed to see anything that got escalated to a level 2 or above. It turns out that they never escalated anything and mostly never responded to customers who had problems. We are also learning of late shipments, inventory mismanagement, and the list goes on and on. I assure you I will figure out everything they messed up and will fix anything that is still outstanding. We will never put our company in someone else's hands ever again. We are in process of transferring everything back over to us, the owners, so if you've had unanswered emails or any issues, please reach out again. We are not able to see some history as they deleted a lot of stuff, but we do have some stuff...

So, from bad logistics company, to a B&B for the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse. Definatly sounds like some foul, felonious, fiendish financial fuckery is afoot.

Also from their page. Hmmm.

10404456_772461796126361_7597017171419019731_n.jpg

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are they... Prepper Vapers? WTF? :confused:

(don't take that as anti-gun, I'm certainly not. I'm just not familiar with Vape95.)

Wouldn't be hard to spot 'em hiding behind a bush blowing clouds from their subohm tanks, lol.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Damn :/ the gift that keeps on giving.

I can see where some of this could happen. Someone bought the biz with owner financing. Couldn't make a go of it, bailed in the dark.

Or, the dumbasses hired someone to run it. Because it was a cash cow and they could see the chance to pay a low wage, and enjoy the milk. And said person bailed in the dark.

There are just too many references to owner, to believe a damn word they're saying.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Geez, talk about making a mess of a mess. Etch-a-sketch. Graphite dust and eraser shavings.

They're as good as sunk by now. But I suppose we'll see... ...it's all fixable by the sound of things, but somebody is really going to have their work cut out for them. I don't know whether to side with my bullshit sensor and just say "Haha, wow! You really fucked this up!" or just feel really bad for the poor fucker left dealing with this shit.

At the same time, they shouldn't have fallen asleep at the wheel. Trust and accountability go hand in hand. But it is easy to make a villain out of some unknown entity... ...make it out to be an aberrant element within the company. "This isn't how we run things. Somebody else fucked it all up. We're going to fix it." It's easy to make what you want out of shadows. I mean, if we are to believe that the statements offered are the truth, then it all started with a simple show of good faith.

And it may even be true, but in admitting to this, you're basically saying that you haven't been running the show up until now. This was allowed to happen because somebody wasn't practicing due diligence in holding the people they left in charge accountable. It leaves people wondering how on-the-ball you can really be. Makes you seem almost willfully negligent right off of the bat...

I mean, It all sounds good. But it looks dodgy. This is one of those stories that's almost too over-the-top to believe. But if it's all true, then all I can say is "Damn, what a disaster."

Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Last edited:

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is from vapinfortmyers.com. A complaint about Vape95 from October of '14. Count the excuses.

========================
Ok so I ordered the Big Dripper with clear tube on Oct 7th, the item shipped from the city I live in, so I got it after 2 days (fast shipping I have to say).
I accidentally received the Big Dripper without a transparent tube, not a huge mistake, I emailed their customer service.
Same day I got a response offering to meet somewhere in the city and we scheduled,
He didn’t arrived the first time, said he fall a sleep, again, not a big deal, stuff happens. We scheduled for the next day.
He again didn’t arrived, his car got towed. Bad luck, I offered to ship him the item back, but eventually we scheduled again for the next day.
Than he disappeared for 3 days and after that sent me a shipping label. I sent the item the same day and he received it after 2 days, but I didn’t heard from him for 4 days.
Than I heard he had a car accident, again, bad luck, what can I do.
Now it’s been 6 days, I don’t hear from him and of course didn’t got the correct item yet (more than 2 weeks).

Dunno if he didn’t had it in stock, of just had a chain of bad luck, but I do expect for a better communication when stuff like that happens, I feel like I need to chase him all day long to get some response, and I’ll hate to ask my bank for a dispute because I guess it may hurt his business somehow.

BTW the address on his email signature is probably not for this business but some 3rd party service that handle his shipments.

Anyway it was my last order from this company.
==========================

Also, a Vape95 thread from here:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vape95-had-a-few-mix-ups-that-were-absolved.72665/

And this:
VAPE95
(888) 284-6460 [Edit: same phone number from Wolf's post)
777 S. Broad St. Unit 516 Philadelphia, PA

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten anywhere further with this matter? I have an outstanding order, and I cannot even access the cart system as that has been disabled as well. So, no reply to emails, no answer on the phone line and no website or shopping cart...

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
they are gone, scammers big time.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
VAPE95
VAPE95 is down for maintenance and change of ownership. We've experienced a couple tragedies before the holiday's and we promise to get everything straightened out. All orders that were placed prior will be fulfilled in the next day or two. If unable to fulfill we will refund your money. We are not in any financial trouble, just personal tragedies. We had a close friend and employee pass away during an attempted robbery and one of the partners has gone missing. The last remaining partner was out of the country for the holidays and has just returned. He was in the bush in South Africa and was unreachable until last night. We have made the decision to deal with any current issues and catch up with shipping prior to relaunching under new management and ownership. Bear with us until we clean up the current issues and relaunch with new business processes, customer service, and ownership. The missing partner was responsible for day to day operations and since his disappearance we have been managing with just the backup inventory. We have now run out of current inventory and will need access to his home to get the remaining inventory. We have been granted supervised access to that section of the home either tomorrow or Weds. Anything not available immediately will be refunded. The remaining partner has apologized for all of the inconvenience this has caused and he will work tirelessly to make every single customers orders right.
Sound like they got hit with a shit storm. I appreciate their honesty in the situation, a lot of companies wouldn't have told you anything. Hate your having to deal with it.

Sound like they got hit with a shit storm. I appreciate their honesty in the situation, a lot of companies wouldn't have told you anything. Hate your having to deal with it.

Except that if you are really trying to catch up, then why would you not take the time to answer the phone and/or emails??They are being ignored.

From what I can gather this happened summer 2015 and now again, except the message on the website is now different:

VAPE95 is down for maintenance and change of ownership. The ownership transfer is underway. We were able to track a bunch more inventory and ship a lot of packages that were outstanding. There are still a handful of items we are unable to find, but there is a storage facility we will hopefully get access to and have requested access. Just waiting on approval to access.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Except that if you are really trying to catch up, then why would you not take the time to answer the phone and/or emails??They are being ignored.

From what I can gather this happened summer 2015 and now again, except the message on the website is now different:

Depends on the volume of calls/emails.
How much time would you rather them spend responding to emails and phone calls instead of trying to catch up on the back orders?

Although, it wouldn't take long to set up an auto response email or recorded message with info about the situation.

Zaroba, I totally understand, but it's going on 3 weeks now. You goona tell me they didn't have enough time to catch up on orders yet? Also why would you keep your store closed to the buying if you are still in business?

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know anything about them at all, but looking around it seems that problems have been going on for longer then 3 weeks.

Their facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/vape95/ ) talks about issues happening in the beginning of December (completely different thing then paragraph about a robbery and missing people), all the visitor comments since December are form people who haven't gotten orders.
Google reviews has negative reviews since Nov as well. People talking about not getting orders or they did get orders but were shorted stuff.

I have to agree with what OneBadWolf said above.
Sounds like some odd fuckery is afoot.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I knew a guy that owned a pool company, he committed suicide with a bunch of unfinished pools, left his customers in a mess. The positive side to this one, a call to your CC company can make the money right within 30 days. Still a pain in the ass for OBW I'm sure.

VU Sponsors