Become a Patron!

This one is for the mathematicians (add Nic in ready juice)

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Hi you guys,

After talk to a few friends here @ VU, i decided to put Nic in my mix just before the use.

I mean. I mix the VG, PG and Flavourings, let it steep for a few days and, just in the day that i decide to vape will be the the day that i will add the nic.

I guees @gopher_byrd or @wildgypsy70 does this (or is other one in my list... don't remeber well) :)

But i ended up with a mathematical questions:

For example: I have 100 ml of my no nic juice.

I want my juice with 3mg/ml. So i pick up my freebase nic 100mg/ml and add 3 ml's of it in my 100 ml of juice.

Ok. No problem.

But, at the end, i'll have 103 ml of final product (juice). So, i'll not have 3 mg/ml of nicotine, in actually, i'll have some just a little (very little) under 3 mg/ml.

Do you guys know how to calculate, how to do this math? I have 100 ml, or 30 ml, for example, of my juice and want to add nicotine and have a final product with 3mg/ml of nic. How can i calculate this to perfection?

PS: I work with human sciences :) So, im not too familiar even with what should be a simple math operation LOL.

Thanks you guys.

Best.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hi you guys,

After talk to a few friends here @ VU, i decided to put Nic in my mix just before the use.

I mean. I mix the VG, PG and Flavourings, let it steep for a few days and, just in the day that i decide to vape will be the the day that i will add the nic.

I guees @gopher_byrd or @wildgypsy70 does this (or is other one in my list... don't remeber well) :)

But i ended up with a mathematical questions:

For example: I have 100 ml of my no nic juice.

I want my juice with 3mg/ml. So i pick up my freebase nic 100mg/ml and add 3 ml's of it in my 100 ml of juice.

Ok. No problem.

But, at the end, i'll have 103 ml of final product (juice). So, i'll not have 3 mg/ml of nicotine, in actually, i'll have some just a little (very little) under 3 mg/ml.

Do you guys know how to calculate, how to do this math? I have 100 ml, or 30 ml, for example, of my juice and want to add nicotine and have a final product with 3mg/ml of nic. How can i calculate this to perfection?

PS: I work with human sciences :) So, im not too familiar even with what should be a simple math operation LOL.

Thanks you guys.

Best.
Make your recipes with Nicotine calculated in, but just don't add it until your ready. Example; for 100ml of juice you'll make 97ml. Then add nic later.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Make your recipes with Nicotine calculated in, but just don't add it until your ready. Example; for 100ml of juice you'll make 97ml. Then add nic later.

It's a nice solution. Can work in some cases. But not in others.

I mean. I already have juices made. And, if i want to make 200 mls ou 300 ml's, of even 500 ml or 1.000 ml of juices i like and let them steeping. But, in one week i just want to vape 30 ml of this juice, 50 ml's in other (i mean, its kind of random). I wish to know how to do this math, you know...

But thanks for the good ideia. For some 50 ml's batch i guess i'll do this way (until some mathman give me the method to calculate it) :)

Best.

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
But to add it in to already prepared 100ml...3.1 ml of Nicotine will be right at 3mg of Nicotine. So you're not far off at all.

Yeah. I know. Its just like i've said. it's more a math thing than a real problem to the final e-liquid and nicotine ammount :)

thanks man

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I mean. I already have juices made. And, if i want to make 200 mls ou 300 ml's, of even 500 ml or 1.000 ml of juices i like and let them steeping. But, in one week i just want to vape 30 ml of this juice, 50 ml's in other (i mean, its kind of random). I wish to know how to do this math, you know...

But thanks for the good ideia. For some 50 ml's batch i guess i'll do this way (until some mathman give me the method to calculate it) :)

Best.
Maybe using an ejuice calculator would help?
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

There’s a lot of different ejuice calculators online, that’s just the one I use.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You're making this more complicated than it needs to be. No math required by using a calculator site like e-liquid-recipes.com or alltheflavors.com. You just mix your flavors, pg, and vg. If it ends up being 97 or 48.5 when you go to vape just put in the nic to get to your level from the calculator.

Hoggy

Member For 3 Years
If you use the calculator in my sig, then it has a feature under the "Tools" menu: "Modify Existing Recipe".

It will do precisely what you want to do. If you use a bottle with ml-markings, you can of course also keep adjusting all the flavor ratios for as long as you want to keep a mix running. It will also allow you to lower ingredient percentages by adding more of all the other ingredients.
It's a truly remarkable feature that I use all the time.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hot Rod's juice calculator has a great little nic adjustment tool within the program. It's also the most complete DIY software available. You can get it HERE. Choose the file called "Juice Calculator Setup File".

LiIsLNK.png

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
If you use the calculator in my sig, then it has a feature under the "Tools" menu: "Modify Existing Recipe".

It will do precisely what you want to do. If you use a bottle with ml-markings, you can of course also keep adjusting all the flavor ratios for as long as you want to keep a mix running. It will also allow you to lower ingredient percentages by adding more of all the other ingredients.
It's a truly remarkable feature that I use all the time.
"In my sig"? Which is this one? thanks.

Hoggy

Member For 3 Years
"In my sig"? Which is this one? thanks.

Yep. Same thing as CrazyChef pointed to. Although the feature he's referring to is under "Tools->Simple Calculators". It would be helpful if you don't have all the ingredients put in its database yet. It IS an advanced calculator and there is a bit of a learning curve for all the features.. But the help system is quite complete. If you ever have any questions about it, you can ask on ECF in the "DIY E-Liquid" section. Look for a thread titled "New Calculator to try". ....... Actually, here is the exact thread: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/new-calculator-to-try.480587/

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Now the question is: How do we resurrect HotRod??? :wait:

Does anyone think a large donation might get him back?
Nope - I think he's done with it. People started to get too demanding.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Best.

The easiest way is to multiply the amount of juice you want to vape times the percentage of nic you want to add.

30ml X 3% or, 30 X .03= .9ml of nic. 50ml X .03 = 1.5ml of nic and so on. It won't be exactly but it'll be so close you'll never feel it. :)

Hoggy

Member For 3 Years
Nope - I think he's done with it. People started to get too demanding.

:(
Yeah, I noticed him burning himself out with peoples' requests (including one or two of mine, unfortunately :oops:). Plus he was always too helpful all the time, answering questions [with more completeness] that someone else already answered.. A truly wonderful person. If he ever returns, I was hoping to try helping him out with controlling the burn-out factor - I don't exactly know how (have some very general thoughts), but SOMEthing to help him out.

Do you just so happen to know if he might be willing to release the source code some day (maybe even allow open source)? It's such a complete and wonderful program, it would be terribly ashamed to just become totally abandoned. I worry that some day it may not work with a new Windows version/update.
It's so great that I would very seriously try to even learn whatever language it was in and try to continue where his wonderful work left off. I have plenty of time on my hands (disabled). There's not much that would be needed really, but just tidying up some loose ends and a speed issue when the database gets large.

But this is why open source can be so great. Wonderful programs don't ever have to become abandoned, if someone would simply be willing to pick up the torch.

Anyhoo.. I'll still be sending him that very large donation soon, regardless. His program helps me so much - and allows me to wrangle with keeping track of and organizing ~650 flavorings so far. I just have to recover a bit from the thousands I just spent on flavorings. :D

Last edited:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
He might release the code - you'd have to ask him though. But if he does, then no more donations, and some other company might try to make it their own, effectively locking him out from any future earnings.

I helped him a few times with a few things, like the update feature. Previously, you had to manually check for updates, usually announced somewhere in the thread on ECF. I asked him about an auto update, and told him he could use one of my websites to beta test the software. Now it's completely auto updating. Well, it was - while he was still active.

Hoggy

Member For 3 Years
He might release the code - you'd have to ask him though. But if he does, then no more donations, and some other company might try to make it their own, effectively locking him out from any future earnings.

If, for instance, it became open sourced under one of those GPL/BSD/whatever type of licenses, how would he ever become locked out? Or why would that entail no more donations to him?

I admit I don't know too much about the open source licenses and whatnot, so I'm likely naive on the intricacies that might be involved here. But I would think an open-source page like GitHub or Sourceforge would be able to host a donation link to him.. At least I think I've seen that before, if I'm not mistaken.

The other thing I always worry about with these 'one-man-show' programs, is that I wish they would make plans of succession if, heaven forbid, something happens to the authors - so that their code would get released to either a trusted friend(s) and/or family member(s) to carry out whatever instructions they may have for their code. I hope Rod does have such a thing in place, but this is a widespread problem I worry about with these type of programs.

laurie9300

Member For 5 Years
volAdd=volume of the nic base to add

volStart=volume of RTV liquid (100ml here)

endMg=desired nicotine strength (3mg here)

startMg=nicotine strength you're starting with (0mg here)

nicMg=nicotine strength of your base nicotine (nominally, 100mg/ml)
11244ed3aa65aee50681d9c6cce49ccc.jpg

VOLadd = 300/97 = 3.09

Last edited:

Hoggy

Member For 3 Years
OY VEY! All this math is making my head spin. :drunk:

I used to be in all the advanced math/science classes, but that was a very long time ago now --- so now all I hear is :blah:.

Last edited:

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
volAdd=volume of the nic base to add

volStart=volume of RTV liquid (100ml here)

endMg=desired nicotine strength (3mg here)

startMg=nicotine strength you're starting with (0mg here)

nicMg=nicotine strength of your base nicotine (nominally, 100mg/ml)
11244ed3aa65aee50681d9c6cce49ccc.jpg

VOLadd = 300/97 = 3.09

Like I said just multiply by .03. That'll be so close you'll never feel it.

VU Sponsors