Become a Patron!

Thought I was done with vaping

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's probly in the best interest of my batteries to let them charge most the way before using them right? I think it is even though I want to put them in the lpv3 and see what it can do

As Huck said I always fully charge but it will not hurt anything to use them as you get them. They are usually 1/2 to 2/3 charged when you get them.
It is not good for the batteries to store them long term in a fully charged state.

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the set up i have tank,coil,mod watt settings EATS 1.5-2ml of liquid lol kinda wish this mod had a puff counter like the smok qbox does

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
COngrats on getting your vapemail!!!!

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
COngrats on getting your vapemail!!!!

yeah thanks it was almost like christmas with having to open 4 different packages everything i got take out of the packages i still got 2 or 3 more packages coming too lol i took advantage of that vape wild sale i bought like 450ml of liquid and got a bonus 50ml but i probly am not going to use one of the bonus bottles since pumpkin spice latte doesnt sound very good to me lol but i might try it just to see

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I plan on donating 10-20$ to the site once I start working I would right now but I don't have any money in the bank to spare right now and won't be getting a check for like 2-3 weeks

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
yeah thanks it was almost like christmas with having to open 4 different packages everything i got take out of the packages i still got 2 or 3 more packages coming too lol i took advantage of that vape wild sale i bought like 450ml of liquid and got a bonus 50ml but i probly am not going to use one of the bonus bottles since pumpkin spice latte doesnt sound very good to me lol but i might try it just to see
Sounds interesting...
I didn't think I would like pumpkin spice in my coffee since I typically drink just coffee and cream.
Boy was I wrong!
I've found the same true of vapes. Normally flavors I wouldn't like, I end up loving in eliquid

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds interesting...
I didn't think I would like pumpkin spice in my coffee since I typically drink just coffee and cream.
Boy was I wrong!
I've found the same true of vapes. Normally flavors I wouldn't like, I end up loving in eliquid

Yeah the other day I ordered cherry coke flavor from vape wild I haven't gotten it yet but i expect it to be good I was really looking for something cherry flavored but I couldn't find just cherry so i settled for cherry coke cause that sounds great in theory even after i get it i won't know for a bit since I'm not trying to have multiple bottles open at once I'd like to let certain flavors steep too

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah the other day I ordered cherry coke flavor from vape wild I haven't gotten it yet but i expect it to be good I was really looking for something cherry flavored but I couldn't find just cherry so i settled for cherry coke cause that sounds great in theory even after i get it i won't know for a bit since I'm not trying to have multiple bottles open at once I'd like to let certain flavors steep too

Cherry is one of those vapes that is hard to find a good one

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMG_0920.JPG This is what my go to is going to be for a while now I'd prefer no vape bands but the fact that the tank is flush maybe even overhung over the side of the mod they definitely seem smart to help protect the glass

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think it says something about vaping and smoking when my brother and my mom are both sick they both smoke and have been sick for almost a week now and I've been around both of them a lot yet I'm not sick nor do I even feel sick at all. :bliss:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Cool thing about it is that they may get curious after seeing your success and want to convert themselves

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think it says something about vaping and smoking when my brother and my mom are both sick they both smoke and have been sick for almost a week now and I've been around both of them a lot yet I'm not sick nor do I even feel sick at all. :bliss:

And even if you do get sick -- I've had one or two colds since I switched to vaping -- it will be very hard to even notice it; there won't be any of that coughing that sounds like pneumonia; only a little nasal/sinus congestion, maybe a sore throat if you still have tonsils, but otherwise, it'll be like.. "Am I sick?" That's one or two colds in nearly 4 yrs -- I used to get one or two colds every winter!

Also, unlike smoking, it's much easier to lay off vaping if you're sick, only vaping a little bit or skipping it entirely till you're well. The last cold I had, again it was hard to notice at first, but I did get a stuffy nose and my sense of smell was kinda bonkers; without my sense of smell, my vape didn't have much taste AT ALL, so I barely vaped at all -- instead of my usual 5ml/daily, it was maybe 2ml/daily.

Andria

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Cherry is one of those vapes that is hard to find a good one

The only one that is harder to get right, at least to me, is grape. No matter what grape vapes just feel off.

Pretty good haul, how ya liking that circus bear? Among my top 3 from vape wild.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The only one that is harder to get right, at least to me, is grape. No matter what grape vapes just feel off.

And chocolate -- I did find a chocolate flavor I could taste, FINALLY, but it's impossible to replicate the smooth mouthfeel, and without that, it hardly seems like chocolate at all.

Andria

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Pretty good haul, how ya liking that circus bear? Among my top 3 from vape wild.

havent tried it yet its one of the ones thats steeping

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And chocolate -- I did find a chocolate flavor I could taste, FINALLY, but it's impossible to replicate the smooth mouthfeel, and without that, it hardly seems like chocolate at all.

Andria

lol chocolate sounds pretty gross

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
amazing how vaping is already recycling fashions.

Once upon a time there were Ego batteries. fixed voltage.
Then the miraculous Ego Twist. the wondrous variable voltage.
Then Variable Wattage and even sort of Temperature control.

Now the unregulated albeit lots larger Ego's are back in fashion.

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cool thing about it is that they may get curious after seeing your success and want to convert themselves

Nah they think that my lungs are fucked since i vape and theres no research that has been done on long term effects of it both of them and they act like cigarettes are so much safer when its more than likely worse to smoke

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
lol chocolate sounds pretty gross

I have yet to try another rendition of a chocolate cream pie vape, but it's planned for "sometime".... really hoping I can finally nail it!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nah they think that my lungs are fucked since i vape and theres no research that has been done on long term effects of it both of them and they act like cigarettes are so much safer when its more than likely worse to smoke

The UK's Royal College of Physicians have stated categorically that vaping "is unlikely to exceed 5% of the danger of smoking, and is probably less." In other words... it's at LEAST 95% safer than smoking... maybe more like 99% safer.

As for long-term... people have been vaping for about 10 yrs now; no one has yet died from it, whereas millions die from smoking every year.

Andria

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well i gotta get ready about to go to my friends house and get :drunk: lol I know i said i smoke when i drink but tonight im going to try to smoke as few cigarettes as possible and vape instead if i even smoke any at all

Have a Good night everyone

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A good RY4 Tobacco or a Flue Cured Tobacco will suffice if you have one~! Passing by a Vape Shop on the way?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Idk if anyone noticed but i changed the title of this thread from think to thought because saying i think would be misleading at this point lol since im still vaping strong.
I didn't read the whole thread. Did you find out what was causing you problems?

I have a freind who smokes upwards to three packs a day. I convinced him to try vaping. He got a Vaperesso stick kit and liked it at first. Then he quit a week later. He complained of an ailment in his chest. It was a dull ache, and also heavy breathing complications.

I'd like to narrow it down but don't know if he's up to it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He complained of an ailment in his chest. It was a dull ache, and also heavy breathing complications.

What I experienced was the lack of the numbing chemicals in the cigarettes and my lungs not being clogged with tar and cleaning out. The first 2-3 weeks after quitting smoking was like I stopped doing "H" in my opinion. You must stick it out though it only works if you work it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ehhh, there's ways hope.

BAM crew

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have a freind who smokes upwards to three packs a day. I convinced him to try vaping. He got a Vaperesso stick kit and liked it at first. Then he quit a week later. He complained of an ailment in his chest. It was a dull ache, and also heavy breathing complications.

Ingredients in many Ejuice will do that to me.
Symptoms vary from dull ace to full blown mouth throat and lung irritation.
Why I DIY.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

After a really serious car accident where my Air Bags did not deploy at the Hospital they did hours of testing and X-Rays/MRI's on my chest and lungs to check for Heart and lung damage. Before I was released I asked the doctor how my lungs looked and he looked at me puzzled when he asked why they look like a lot younger than you are? I said so I guess I quit smoking at the right time! He again looked at me puzzled and said you were a former smoker? When I told him almost 40 year of Marlboro Reds he said No Way and then asked what I was doing? I said vaping and he told me to keep it up! Good enough for me and fuck what the ANTZ say~!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ingredients in many Ejuice will do that to me.
Symptoms vary from dull ace to full blown mouth throat and lung irritation.
Why I DIY.
Did you ever figure out what the culprit was? I DIY too and gave him juice. I know it can be a number of things. Just curious if you narrowed it down.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Did you ever figure out what the culprit was? I DIY too and gave him juice. I know it can be a number of things. Just curious if you narrowed it down.
Experienced that too, especially with higher pg. Even 80 VG/ 20 pg at times can cause it for me, and while I'm buying store brand products at times, learning to diy but still not doing complex flavors lol, I'll always have extra VG on hand. Now I'm not saying your friend has that issue but might want to look into that.

At the beginning tho, I couldn't do direct lung hits, hell even mouth to lung would cause worse symptoms than smoking 3 packs of cigarettes that day. What I did before figuring the pg stuff out I explained prior and being able to stick with vaping was, getting 4.5 to 6 mg nicotine juice since I was using 3 and then just fill my mouth with vape, hold it and blow out. Took around a month after I quit smoking to be fully able to direct lung or mouth to lung my vape.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Experienced that too, especially with higher pg. Even 80 VG/ 20 pg at times can cause it for me, and while I'm buying store brand products at times, learning to diy but still not doing complex flavors lol, I'll always have extra VG on hand. Now I'm not saying your friend has that issue but might want to look into that.

At the beginning tho, I couldn't do direct lung hits, hell even mouth to lung would cause worse symptoms than smoking 3 packs of cigarettes that day. What I did before figuring the pg stuff out I explained prior and being able to stick with vaping was, getting 4.5 to 6 mg nicotine juice since I was using 3 and then just fill my mouth with vape, hold it and blow out. Took around a month after I quit smoking to be fully able to direct lung or mouth to lung my vape.
PG was my first guess. I'm going to have a chat with him and see if he wants to go another round. I can make some max VG liquid for him and pass on your tip. He's a big worrier so it might take some convincing.

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I really think it was just my lungs adjusting to vaping when it began to get cold because all through October when it was atleast 50degrees+ I had no problems but come 40degrees- is when I ran into problems that I overcame just by continuing to vape after it happened and thinking maybe today will be different and eventually it just disappeared

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMG_0859.PNG Since this mod is basically useless as of right now due to the screen being so dark that I can't see it unless it's completely dark in a room and even then I can just barely see it and the buzzing sound that it's making I hope smok will replace it if they see it fit to which I think they will even tho I have the ipv3 li now and it's nicer than this mod I'd still like to have the option to use it if something ever happened with the ipv3

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 97480 Since this mod is basically useless as of right now due to the screen being so dark that I can't see it unless it's completely dark in a room and even then I can just barely see it and the buzzing sound that it's making I hope smok will replace it if they see it fit to which I think they will even tho I have the ipv3 li now and it's nicer than this mod I'd still like to have the option to use it if something ever happened with the ipv3
Ahh those Smok mods....
Hope they replace yours. Might take a while though.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
not a big deal if it takes a while since I have a better on its just good to have a backup

Backups for your backups' backups! :giggle:

tumblr_oqdy12oYUJ1vga2mio1_1280.jpg

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Just Frank , it can be trial and error for some. When I had those chest aches fairly early on, I played around with juices, and discovered the issue to be VG. I can barely tolerate 30 in a mix, so I stick to 20 or 25. If the max VG doesn't help, luckily he has you, that you DIY and can mess around with different ratios.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Backups for your backups' backups! :giggle:

tumblr_oqdy12oYUJ1vga2mio1_1280.jpg

Andria

I have a coolfire 4 in my backup pile somewhere.
Looks like you got the whole set though :)

I like the on/off switch.
Good for putting in my bookbag without autofiring.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a coolfire 4 in my backup pile somewhere.
Looks like you got the whole set though :)

I like the on/off switch.
Good for putting in my bookbag without autofiring.

Yeah I love that on/off switch; I really hated that they removed it from succeeding versions of the CF4 -- I've got those 2 75w-18650s, and I like them, but not only are they missing the on/off switch, they don't have a USB either, so if one is out and the battery gets low and there's no replacement handy, one is simply SOL -- my son and I both use those, but only here at home, for that reason.

I'd love an original in black, and another purple; the purple one I have, I bought 2nd-hand, and it's troublesome occasionally, misfiring and such -- none of the others give me a bit of trouble, so I dunno what's up with that one. But the originals are getting harder and harder to find. :( [ETA: I'd love one of the green and one of the gold ones, but those are even harder to find!]

Andria

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
this shit makes me want to build my own coils because not only are you self sustainable it could be kind of a fun hobby cause i like building shit and making things also the clouds :cloud: you can get from making your own can be huge if you build them right all while saving money.

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
this shit makes me want to build my own coils because not only are you self sustainable it could be kind of a fun hobby cause i like building shit and making things also the clouds :cloud: you can get from making your own can be huge if your build them right all while saving money.

Further down the rabbit hole you go.

Get yourself a real nice building station like the 521tab
Lightning Vapes sells good wire.

Regular dual or single coils in 26ga and 24ga are the best starting out.

kanthal and 316l Stainless seem to be the wire types of choice.

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Further down the rabbit hole you go.

Get yourself a real nice building station like the 521tab
Lightning Vapes sells good wire.

Regular dual or single coils in 26ga and 24ga are the best starting out.

kanthal and 316l Stainless seem to be the wire types of choice.

Yeah i wont be attempting to build my own for a bit but when the time comes when I am actually going to do it im definitely going to do my research before buying the supplies I dont think I'll ever use mech mods I'm just too paranoid about ending up like this guy lol and I'd say he walked away from that pretty lucky it wasnt worse than it wasexplosion.jpg

spr258

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah i wont be attempting to build my own for a bit but when the time comes when I am actually going to do it im definitely going to do my research before buying the supplies I dont think I'll ever use mech mods I'm just too paranoid about ending up like this guy lol and I'd say he walked away from that pretty lucky it wasnt worse than it wasView attachment 97502

Some people do not need to use mech mods. I just picked up one and have a stabwood mech on the way. IF you ever want a mech mod do your research. Proper care must be taken but I love mine and less likely to break. Took me quite a bit of research and months on the forum and YouTube to feel safe enough to get a mech though.

As far as coil building goes it does save so much money and the taste is so much better then pre made coils. BUT that is al relative to your taste and what you want. I wick my coils every other day about 500 puffs. Coils can be dry burned and re wicked without building a coil so all you are out is cotton. Glad everything has worked out with you. Vaping is a journey and enjoy the ride. Do what is best for you.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah i wont be attempting to build my own for a bit but when the time comes when I am actually going to do it im definitely going to do my research before buying the supplies I dont think I'll ever use mech mods I'm just too paranoid about ending up like this guy lol and I'd say he walked away from that pretty lucky it wasnt worse than it wasView attachment 97502

People who wind up like that are those who trust false info about batterys' amperage ratings -- the lower the resistance you use, the more amperage is needed, the CDR -- CONSTANT delivery rate, not just pulse amperage. They're also the idiots who do stupid shit like putting batteries loose in their pockets instead of carrying them in battery boxes. There's a guy with the username Mooch who regularly published FACTUAL info about batterys' real amperage; I can't recommend ECF, where he hangs out, but I think he also posts on Reddit. Don't believe any of that shit about 40A batteries -- there's no such animal. Or sometimes people buy "hybrid" mods, which apparently are VERY dangerous with some atomizers; I don't know a great deal about them, but I'd never own such a piece of crap! Basically folks who end up like that wildly overestimate their own intelligence, and treat high-amperage batteries like coppertop AA's. :facepalm:

It's very easy to build your own coils; you don't need anything except a drillbit (to wind the wire on), an ohm meter, and a screwdriver to mount the coil on the atomizer. Those basic supplies have served me well for over 3 yrs; none of that fancy shit like "kits" -- though my husband bought me a nice 3" vise to secure the atty base on while I'm mounting the coil, so I don't have to chase the silly thing all over the counter. :D

And you're right; it absolutely LIBERATES you, to build your own -- freedom from the vagaries of vendors, USPS, and even $$$, since buying wire and cotton is MUCH cheaper than buying pre-made coils, and the ones you build yourself are MUCH better quality and last longer.

Andria

VU Sponsors