Become a Patron!

Thought I'd say hello

So,
Hello.

Like most I got into vaping to quit smoking. Was never a heavy smoker, half a pack average at most. But couldn't quit because I became homicidal after a day or two. LOL. Been smoke free about 8 months now.
I'm still using my EVOD's. Torn on whether I want to "upgrade" or not. The goal was to be free of this particular type of habit. But, I've found that I actually enjoy vaping. I enjoy the flavors. I enjoy blowing the vape. so I waffle.
I'm not a fan of the "box" mods, but i've been looking at the Eleaf Istick 30w. I've really been trying to find a solid full featured tube mod but, without spending my kids college fund, or getting a walking stick, I'm having a hard time making a decision.
I'm still torn as to how much I want to get into vaping.(or if I even really do at all) I think that's whats making my upgrade decision so difficult.

my stuffs(as meager as it is)
2 EVOD batteries
1 Smok 1300 mah twist battery
4 EVOD tanks
1 Protank 3
1 Protank 3 mini

I wrap my own coils and play with different types; as much as I can in a kanger atty.
My main everyday type is 1.8 Ohm 30awg verticle coil packed with organic cotton.
My main juices are
Halo Tribecca
Ahlusion Tiramisu
Ahlusion Smooth Criminal

Ahlusion is right up the street from me so local pickup is nice.

So yeah that's my story as of now.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Always good to hear a new member's story. I'm using the istick 20 and from what I've heard about the 30 watt version, I think you would enjoy it.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hi tom, welcome to VU. i never smoked much either....kind of a social/weekend smoker, but like you wanted to rip someone's face off without nicotine. i think you will really like the i-stick. i haven't graduated from the 20w ones yet, but have 5 of them and love 'em. i seldom vape over about 12 watts anyhoo, so 20w is all good with me. anyway, hope you have fun and learn some stuff here. nice to have you. :)

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the Underground Tom. Congratulations on your 8 months being smoke free. My advice is this. If you're undecided if vaping is right for you the answer will reveal itself shortly. Since you were never a heavy smoker and finances are an issue, see if you can vape 0mg juices. If you can, then you don't have a need for nicotine and can likely go cold turkey. If you can't then get the milligrams of nicotine you need and just enjoy your juice at the level that keeps your cravings down. The gear you have now is more than adequate for your needs. Upgrade only if you feel you have to since the race ultimately begins and ends with you. Enjoy your stay here:)

VU Sponsors