Become a Patron!

Thoughts on the OBS ENGINE RTA

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've done both.
Regardless of what many say I have had better luck tucking the wicking into the holes.
I do tend to get better results tucking however both result in the same end.
This seems to go against logic, but works for me.
For my particular juice, it is just shy of a dry hit.
I think with many other juices it'd be better but I like mine.
The high sweetness and high flavor percentage is more than likely the root cause.
Odds are I am alone with this issue so that is why I am not considering it a real con, just for me personally.
Ahhh gotcha. I was only asking because I was having the same issue when I was stuffing tails into the hole. I love this tank but I have noticed the vape isn't as moist or wet as other tanks. Not a dry hit but a slightly dryer vape. I have the wicking down now and this thing is vaping nice.

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
Does this thing vape like the Boreas? Chucking out volumes of clouds and sopping up juice in mass quantities?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Does this thing vape like the Boreas? Chucking out volumes of clouds and sopping up juice in mass quantities?

No the vape it different and doesn't suck down juice as bad as the boreas.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Ahhh gotcha. I was only asking because I was having the same issue when I was stuffing tails into the hole. I love this tank but I have noticed the vape isn't as moist or wet as other tanks. Not a dry hit but a slightly dryer vape. I have the wicking down now and this thing is vaping nice.

What kind of coil are you using? I noticed with my plain simple coils great performance and a smooth vape, but it had no sense of moisture. Last night I threw some Claptons in for the first time, and now a warm but definitely "humid" vape. Not wet but literally (to me) like just more humidity. It's also sucking juice down quite a bit faster than my simple coil build did.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I watched some reviews, the juice wicking holes look huge. Ever get any gurgling or flooding?

Yes, I have. I lay my tails on top of the wick holes and if I keep the fill hole open for to long or over fill, it floods. I got the hang of it after a couple days. It does have a learning curve. Well worth it though, imho.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What kind of coil are you using? I noticed with my plain simple coils great performance and a smooth vape, but it had no sense of moisture. Last night I threw some Claptons in for the first time, and now a warm but definitely "humid" vape. Not wet but literally (to me) like just more humidity. It's also sucking juice down quite a bit faster than my simple coil build did.
I've used fused claptons and have a set of aliens in it now. The vape is flavorful, warm and it does suck juice down now but no were near the boreas. The boreas is a juice hog.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
My Limitless + is a serous juice hog. With dual Claptons I feel like I can see the juice level drop every puff.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So torn on this one. Looks great but I tend to like tanks with bottom air flow. Really the only thing holding me back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So torn on this one. Looks great but I tend to like tanks with bottom air flow. Really the only thing holding me back.

yup same here. I'll likely still get one, but I'll probably get a griffin 25+ first. Can't wait for my supreme to arrive. it's finally coming this week. also on a sidenote my azeroth got delivered today. can't wait to check it out

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
yup same here. I'll likely still get one, but I'll probably get a griffin 25+ first. Can't wait for my supreme to arrive. it's finally coming this week. also on a sidenote my azeroth got delivered today. can't wait to check it out
The Azeroth is nice but I'm just not into the Genny style tanks. That being said it's my favorite out of the ones I own.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The Azeroth is nice but I'm just not into the Genny style tanks. That being said it's my favorite out of the ones I own.

Me either. I prefer a tank. I'm good with the avacado 24 and azeroth. That's enough for me. I gave away my limitless after I won the azeroth. I'd rather have a bunch of tank style rta

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

First build and wick it was good, 2nd build n wick.....there ya go, real nice tank. That said there are other tanks that give off the same great flavor and clouds, it is not a game changer, just a different way and no leaks.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine came in...put some 316 3mm 7 wrap claptons in, wicked it and it's vaping well...

Think I may run the tank out and rewick it again though...try adding more tail length, or just adjust the tails some...got a hot fire ball after the 7th or so draw...but not one since...

No gurgle no flooding, but if it spit that one fireball odds are it will again..

One thing I will say though, this tank is loud, or my DTL draws are just to much for the air flow...that probably explains the fireball earlier hmm

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine came in...put some 316 3mm 7 wrap claptons in, wicked it and it's vaping well...

Think I may run the tank out and rewick it again though...try adding more tail length, or just adjust the tails some...got a hot fire ball after the 7th or so draw...but not one since...

No gurgle no flooding, but if it spit that one fireball odds are it will again..

One thing I will say though, this tank is loud, or my DTL draws are just to much for the air flow...that probably explains the fireball earlier hmm

Lol, I got that fireball on my last wick although it happened 2 times. I thought it was just the Smok Alien acting up in SS316L TC mode, what mod were you using?

LMAO, now that I think of it that same hot fire ball hit a friend of mine, he tried my tank and said shit, that's fucking hot. Didn't occur to me that he got a fireball until just now................I really have to think of how to replicate that shit, it was way too funny :giggle::giggle::giggle:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol, I got that fireball on my last wick although it happened 2 times. I thought it was just the Smok Alien acting up in SS316L TC mode, what mod were you using?

LMAO, now that I think of it that same hot fire ball hit a friend of mine, he tried my tank and said shit, that's fucking hot. Didn't occur to me that he got a fireball until just now................I really have to think of how to replicate that shit, it was way too funny :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Using the Engine on my VT133. Both arrived in the mail yesterday...12 days my VT133 was missing from my rotation ;-) Due to dead something or other on the board.

Yeah I wasn't expecting the fireball at all...I had that look you see babies who taste lemon for the first time have...So far so good, haven't had another.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So after 2 days of use with the same juice in a side by side comparison with my Goon ( Same builds ) different devices though... it has in my opinion 65-70% of the flavor. 70/30 Adirondack Saratoga clone 3mg

I wicked it this morning and have a half tank of the same juice again ran through, and I think I may have it down...at the moment truthfully chain vaping it to see if i get a dry hit and not one yet...although I might have to grab a spoon of sugar soon and eat it to help balance the nic overload I am taking in lol

First wick was with Rayon (316L 3mm 7 wrap Claptons dual) ...and I had the wicks covering the channels, went with a ever so slight snug fit in the coil, and I couldn't take more than 3-4 hits without it feeling as if I was on the edge of a dry hit. I do chain vaping after the break in to test juice flow...

Today; this morning I wicked it slightly loose, and tucked just a smidgen of the wicks into the channels barely any past the bottom, and dizzy as I am now from chain vaping, I don't have that flavor shift to where I think if I take another hit it will be a dry one.

To compare it to an RDA I know is apples and oranges, in my opinion, RDA's to have superior flavor to RTA's and the like, and as I have mentioned before, if I can find a tank that can come close to replicating my RDA's flavor wise, I would be stoked... 75%+ flavor, no leaking...thats not a lot to ask.

Well this almost does it, I'll have to experiment with different coil builds to see if I can up the flavor into the 80s

No more condensation build up on my mods!

If i find my sweet spot build that ups the flavor more into the 80's, I'll probably buy more of these...

Man feeling a little Nic Sic lol

All for posterity!

Yeah time for a spoon of sugar :facepalm:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So after 2 days of use with the same juice in a side by side comparison with my Goon ( Same builds ) different devices though... it has in my opinion 65-70% of the flavor. 70/30 Adirondack Saratoga clone 3mg

I wicked it this morning and have a half tank of the same juice again ran through, and I think I may have it down...at the moment truthfully chain vaping it to see if i get a dry hit and not one yet...although I might have to grab a spoon of sugar soon and eat it to help balance the nic overload I am taking in lol

First wick was with Rayon (316L 3mm 7 wrap Claptons dual) ...and I had the wicks covering the channels, went with a ever so slight snug fit in the coil, and I couldn't take more than 3-4 hits without it feeling as if I was on the edge of a dry hit. I do chain vaping after the break in to test juice flow...

Today; this morning I wicked it slightly loose, and tucked just a smidgen of the wicks into the channels barely any past the bottom, and dizzy as I am now from chain vaping, I don't have that flavor shift to where I think if I take another hit it will be a dry one.

To compare it to an RDA I know is apples and oranges, in my opinion, RDA's to have superior flavor to RTA's and the like, and as I have mentioned before, if I can find a tank that can come close to replicating my RDA's flavor wise, I would be stoked... 75%+ flavor, no leaking...thats not a lot to ask.

Well this almost does it, I'll have to experiment with different coil builds to see if I can up the flavor into the 80s

No more condensation build up on my mods!

If i find my sweet spot build that ups the flavor more into the 80's, I'll probably buy more of these...

Man feeling a little Nic Sic lol

All for posterity!

Yeah time for a spoon of sugar :facepalm:

I know flavor is subjective but I don't think the goon has the monster flavor everyone raves about to be honest. Best flavor will come from bottom airflow IMO, side and top air flow devices can't compare. Bets flavor anything IMO is the pharaoh which is an RDA. for tanks it's kinda hard to call the TFV8 is a monster even using the RBA deck it has amazing flavor. the boreas is pretty good too but not quite as good. My supreme is coming today so I'll finally get to test that. Manny scoot raves about the modfather. Lots of good options there, I do think tanks have finally caught up with RDAs though for flavor. it took a long time. 3 years ago nothing could compare to the flavor of my patriot RDA, now it wouldn't even be in my top 10 and gets beat out a bunch of tanks as well.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
While I agree that flavor is subjective, the Goon is being used as my baseline for comparison and although it may not be the best flavor RDA by any means, its better flavor for me than I was able to produce with the Engine thus far and other RTA's I have.

I don't have a ton of RTA's, or RDA's or RDTAs (8 or 9) to cast judgement that should be taken any way but with a grain of salt, or years of vaping in a community setting, just my opinions and thoughts with my limited testing, and conveyed those thoughts here, which as said, can be taken with a grain of salt.

I do agree that just in the past year tanks have come a long way, and I could only imagine how far in the past 3 years as you mention. I've only been vaping now for a little over a year, and have an end date of 2018 to wash my hands of it completely. It's truly a tool.

The thing that caught my eye about the Engine was simply the leak resistant factor... My inexperience or just bad luck with previous purchases has led to disappointment.

I should just stop fucking buying tanks all together and just buy more RDA's, hell when I go out, its my beater mod or mech tube and a RDA, when I am home its mostly using the Kennedy Comp, or the Goons, heck I still use my Velocity Clone, cause that cheap shit doesn't let me down.

But to get back on topic of this thread and my thoughts...

The Engine if I can up the flavor some, I'll probably buy another..

If I can't.. into the drawer of disappointment it goes...I should just sell the shit I have and buy more RDAs lol

But I enjoy the agony of experimenting, tinkering, perfecting to my best ability.

Its a sickness.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
While I agree that flavor is subjective, the Goon is being used as my baseline for comparison and although it may not be the best flavor RDA by any means, its better flavor for me than I was able to produce with the Engine thus far and other RTA's I have.

I don't have a ton of RTA's, or RDA's or RDTAs (8 or 9) to cast judgement that should be taken any way but with a grain of salt, or years of vaping in a community setting, just my opinions and thoughts with my limited testing, and conveyed those thoughts here, which as said, can be taken with a grain of salt.

I do agree that just in the past year tanks have come a long way, and I could only imagine how far in the past 3 years as you mention. I've only been vaping now for a little over a year, and have an end date of 2018 to wash my hands of it completely. It's truly a tool.

The thing that caught my eye about the Engine was simply the leak resistant factor... My inexperience or just bad luck with previous purchases has led to disappointment.

I should just stop fucking buying tanks all together and just buy more RDA's, hell when I go out, its my beater mod or mech tube and a RDA, when I am home its mostly using the Kennedy Comp, or the Goons, heck I still use my Velocity Clone, cause that cheap shit doesn't let me down.

If I can't.. into the drawer of disappointment it goes...I should just sell the shit I have and buy more RDAs lol

But I enjoy the agony of experimenting, tinkering, perfecting to my best ability.

Its a sickness.
don't get me wrong. not saying the goon doesn't give good flavor i just think that for best flavor bottom airflow is a must. i don't have an engine yet, i do plan on getting one but the top airflow usually means worse flavor. the 1 exception so far is the freemax but even though the airflow is on the top, it's really bottom airflow. I've heard the engine gives good flavors and yes top aiflow is great for no leaks. RDAs give great flavor, it's hard to find a bad one but the lack the convenience of a tank. 8-9 is still quite a lot of attys. Glad you stopped smoking, will be sad if you quit vaping buy hey whatever makes you happy in life. as long as you don't go back to smoking lol

it's pretty easy to sell stuff you have on the site, even easier to trade so if something isn't working out for you, see if u can trade it for something else.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just got two black today.
Wicking was a bit hit or miss, but now I have it thanks to some reading.
Just fold the wick under the coils so it covers the juice holes.
Now this tank is vaping great @ .18 ohms NiFe52.
Didn't get a single gurgle or spitback.
I put my thumb over the drip tip while I'm filling. Seems to work.
What I did do was to have the coils less than a mm above the posts. Caused a partial short. Having the coils shy of the top of the post works wonders...
Update after a few tanks get through them, but I have no complaints for the first hour. Very comparable to my beloved Supremes.
Great build quality, easy to coil and wick, once you pay attention. Just lay the cotton over the juice flow holes, don't stuff them. Leave that for Thanksgiving turkeys.

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Its a sickness.
hi so-cal
trying different things with the engine. two builds and a difference like day and nite !
last one is 2.5 mm ..28 canthal .1.4 ohms micro coil .wicked with cello cotton .
the placement of the coil is as high as possible ..just a hair below the top of the posts (or it will short out )
SO VERRY CLOSE TO THE AIR INTAKE.that makes a big difference . flavor is very nice now
vaping at 14 watts ..with air barely open .
oh jes...single coil with with the one side blocked of with a silicone plug that's for juice and air
I will get 2 more soon ...happy

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hi so-cal
trying different things with the engine. two builds and a difference like day and nite !
last one is 2.5 mm ..28 canthal .1.4 ohms micro coil .wicked with cello cotton .
the placement of the coil is as high as possible ..just a hair below the top of the posts (or it will short out )
SO VERRY CLOSE TO THE AIR INTAKE.that makes a big difference . flavor is very nice now
vaping at 14 watts ..with air barely open .
oh jes...single coil with with the one side blocked of with a silicone plug that's for juice and air
I will get 2 more soon ...happy
I got the best results with the coils as high as possible without shorting as well. This was with the same build too, just moved them and rewicked. As has been said wicking just needs to touch the deck, no need to get wick into the holes.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I got the best results with the coils as high as possible without shorting as well. This was with the same build too, just moved them and rewicked. As has been said wicking just needs to touch the deck, no need to get wick into the holes.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
the air hole should be a little smaller to to get more velocity on to the coil.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally got my OBS Engine! Im so happy with it so far, Ill be doing a review of it on youtube tomorrow.

4uBKpnI.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, glad to update... I found my sweet spot with this atty... from my last post the flavor has increased and I am surprising pleased with it now.

As discussed with others and reading the replies within this thread, TY all.

I can say that the Engine is one of 2 purchases I have made recently that hasn't been a disappointment...trialling but not disappointing ;-)

2.5mm 28/32 316L 5 Wrap claptons with Rayon

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
did anybody ever hear of oumier ?
they have a tank called gragas and I see some reviews on that , and than they have a model called magic winds which must be new cant find anything on that . but ordered one from ft anyway sounds interesting

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
did anybody ever hear of oumier ?
they have a tank called gragas and I see some reviews on that , and than they have a model called magic winds which must be new cant find anything on that . but ordered one from ft anyway sounds interesting
I've heard of them. I'm looking seriously at the White Bone.

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I've heard of them. I'm looking seriously at the White Bone.

the magic winds is taking the air from the top and then go down with it under the coil and is a single coil tank the first tank doing what I advocated two years ago . the only place I see it is fasttech .
I will take a look at the white bone to see what the design is ...hope not leaking .

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
the magic winds is taking the air from the top and then go down with it under the coil and is a single coil tank the first tank doing what I advocated two years ago . the only place I see it is fasttech .
I will take a look at the white bone to see what the design is ...hope not leaking .
Efun and 3f have the magic winds. I don't know though. For me I get the best flavor from single coil, bottom feed, bottom air flow tanks.

http://www.efun.top/2ml-magic-winds...tml/?mw_aref=8817224c7ee812fc3206aa1f14d80cfa

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Efun and 3f have the magic winds. I don't know though. For me I get the best flavor from single coil, bottom feed, bottom air flow tanks.

http://www.efun.top/2ml-magic-winds...tml/?mw_aref=8817224c7ee812fc3206aa1f14d80cfa

agreed it looks like the winds has all that what I am saying so is the intake of the air should not come from a slot in the bottom of the atty
it should come from the top routed down and exit under the coil . like all the good flavor attys
the obius engine dous not go far enough it blows the air down to the coil . but I like it ....it will not leak !

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The engine is a decent RTA is cheap on Gearbest especially if you kerp eye on it keeps going into a sale every 24hrs , i use it regularly along with the supreme lyte and the 7ml supreme with vertical build , also have the Mod Farther too love it but could of done with JFC, which the new 30mm supreme has along eith postless deck an can fit 6mm id coils has mesh on the airflow control to stop side spitting can reduce down to a 3ml dripper type has a 10ml an 20ml sized tanks think they will ship with postless an the sell other decks like series an velocity later for it
f4eb67679a97c4daa389abc70248b8ae.jpg
04d41a88a35c48b618509291af64e68f.jpg
869d56d844580e9741cdceba46f330da.jpg
e49207c150f3d07a24619480127418c2.jpg
d314c455bc8176bf3efc15c3208d5d9b.jpg
5e2b3672a7e733f7d9429da31330719f.jpg

if you zoom in on the larger tank kit pic you can see mesh in airflow vents , , looks very nice will go great with my Mod Farther , but has the JFC , So eagerly awaiting its arrival was told December so who knows , will ship with two sizes , 20ml just looks fragile like my mod Farther with tall kit , but bought all the extras for that , so probably will try them with the supreme since ut is a dam good flavourful RTA at 25mm , very nice at 23mm too. Leys hope it ships with a better tip than the Supreme

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So the 30mm supreme is out? If so I'm all over that. Where can you get one?

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also out of curiosity am I the only one who has a black Friday list with tiers and everything lol
I have lists with lists that contain lists plus 41 pages open at the minute.
So, no, I don't think you're alone in this.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I have lists with lists that contain lists plus 41 pages open at the minute.
So, no, I don't think you're alone in this.
Dam I have a list. You have a book lol

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I made a review of this tank... I show the basics.

Thanks for the review- I ordered 2 of these OBS Engines 1Black and 1 silver, but I ordered the minis', on Black Friday, both were under $18.00 each and thought they looked easy enough for my first time with an RTA experience. Seemed to get great reviews so I hope I love them! I will make sure I watch this review again when I get mine from the slow China boat! They have been shipped out, but will be at least another 2 weeks before I see them.

Hi guys,

There isn't many forums about the OBS Engine Sub, its quite new with pre-build coils. I've ordered one as my friend had an OBS RTA and was v happy but I couldn't see myself building coils. I'm getting a lot of spit back, the chamber fills with to much liqued leaving a small puddle at the bottom. I've tried various ways of filling, some recommend to do it quickly and to cover air holes. I bought a tip which stops spitting to help but that clogs up too. I use 80VG-20PG liquids. Is there anything else I should consider? When its working it great so i'd like to persist. I will go to 100VG to see if that helps.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

Hi I do not own this tank- there are many You Tube videos on this very tank and coil. I own the OBS Engine minis that I have to build on.
Sounds like you are flooding the coil I usually use eliquid that is 65-70 VG, maybe those high vg juices are too thick? I am not sure what wattage you are at? I do use tanks that have factory coils too and when I get spit back I blow down slightly through the mouthpiece to clear out some liquid if that happens.
Try a Qtip or paper towel down the center chimney through the drip tip to soak up the liquid that got in there.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just finished up my thoughts OP. better late then never lol
Great review, even though i disagree with you. I think it has good flavor. NOT THE BEST but it is good. I love this tank. I also know alot of people who feel the same way i do. Have to tried thinning out you cotton even more, and cutting is just a little shorter so it barely makes it into the wick holes. Might be worth a shot. But i guess the Engine isnt for everyone. Thats why they make a gazillion different rta's. There is something for everyone. I know i have been using this thing since the day i got it and i have 30+ rta's.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Great review, even though i disagree with you. I think it has good flavor. NOT THE BEST but it is good. I love this tank. I also know alot of people who feel the same way i do. Have to tried thinning out you cotton even more, and cutting is just a little shorter so it barely makes it into the wick holes. Might be worth a shot. But i guess the Engine isnt for everyone. Thats why they make a gazillion different rta's. There is something for everyone. I know i have been using this thing since the day i got it and i have 30+ rta's.
thanks! it's all about the air though. I'm gonna make a video (my plan is posting it next friday) explaining about flavor It's gonna be a good watch and very informative

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
thanks! it's all about the air though. I'm gonna make a video (my plan is posting it next friday) explaining about flavor It's gonna be a good watch and very informative
No i totally get that bottom airflow is going to have better flavor becuase the air goes around your coil and side airflow is going to have the next best flavor because it hits the side of your coil. I get why the Engine wouldnt have good flavor because its top airflow and the air never touches the coil. I hate top airflow for this exact reason. But for some reason the Engine gives me the best flavor i have got from a top airflow rta. Like i said its not "out of this world flavor" but for a top airflow rta it is good. I can live with a little less flavor for the luxury of no leaking. I use this as my work setup and love not having to worry about leaking. Its been 110+ degrees here in Cali this week and i dont have to worry about my juice thinning out and causing leaking. Like i said, i get it isnt everyones cup of tea.
Looking forward to your video explaining airflow and how it has to do with flavor. Again great review, always enjoy watching a fellow VU members reviews.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
No i totally get that bottom airflow is going to have better flavor becuase the air goes around your coil and side airflow is going to have the next best flavor because it hits the side of your coil. I get why the Engine wouldnt have good flavor because its top airflow and the air never touches the coil. I hate top airflow for this exact reason. But for some reason the Engine gives me the best flavor i have got from a top airflow rta. Like i said its not "out of this world flavor" but for a top airflow rta it is good. I can live with a little less flavor for the luxury of no leaking. I use this as my work setup and love not having to worry about leaking. Its been 110+ degrees here in Cali this week and i dont have to worry about my juice thinning out and causing leaking. Like i said, i get it isnt everyones cup of tea.
Looking forward to your video explaining airflow and how it has to do with flavor. Again great review, always enjoy watching a fellow VU members reviews.
thank man. i said that in the video too. that i can understand people wanting it for the leakproof design. but i got a review coming next week with a better flavor leakproof design RTA :)

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I built the engine rta today and I have a couple of thoughts. Building is easy and I had no trouble with wicking and no dry hits.

Using the same build as the boreas, dual 8 wrap 3 ID 22g kanthal, the engine is hotter. It's actually the hottest tank I have. I had to open the air 100% to keep it cool. That cut flavor a tad but it is still acceptable.

Flavor: if the pharoah is a 10 this is an 8.5. I use a 24/34 clapton single in the pharoah. Compared to the boreas, with the boreas a 10, the engine is an 8 to 9. It doesn't seem to suck juice as fast as the boreas but time will tell.

The juice I made is a little more flavorful. I used that since reviews stated it had decreased flavor.

If I had to choose, based on flavor, I would go with the pharoah rta all day long. I haven't had leak issues with the pharoah but have seeping. I can understand someone wanting a leak proof tank and using the engine. It works well enough but has no single coil option.

VU Sponsors