Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
They sound great!

But before I buy, I am going to wait on the flashlight battery guys to give them the once over twice and post reviews.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Like the 35A and 38A batteries recently introduced by other makers/relabelers... that 40A is not a continuous discharge rating, but rather an undisclosed time frame, "pulse" or "momentary" discharge value. In other words, you can't obtain a direct comparison with batteries where the manufacturer's true MCCD is listed.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They don't look bad. I would believe 30 amp. Id buy some but I only vape @ 20-25 watts, so they wouldn't last as long as my 2500 mah batteries.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Might be whatever is inside the Aspire CF mod. Hard to say without independent testing what the actual continuous amp rating is. Personally I'd be skeptical that it isn't just a burst rating. It appears to be ICR chemistry which is pretty iffy for a supposedly high amp cell.

Last edited:

Barkt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Aspire makes a good product, but at that price I'll stick with my Samsung 25R batteries. I really doubt that the amp rating is continuous and, even if it is 30 amps realistically, I don't get close to that in my day to day vaping.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not sure if it the website or Aspire claiming its 40a continuous but i dont really believe it either way and for $12.99 its way to much money for an 1800 mah battery even if its only 30 amp or 20 amp true.

Im not sure many even really use all of 30 amps from a sony except in the lowest of ohm mech mods.

If its Aspire thats claiming this, they need to show some proof of it...Im sure someone will buy one and test it..If indeed it is a true 40 amp then we have a new market for batteries considering they are only 1800 mah..Leaves room for someone to come out with a 2000 mah or a 2100 mah etc..

For now im sticking with my samsungs as i really dont even use half the amps it can deliver anyways and its 2500 mah for less than $6.00 a battery...shrugs.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys......I do need to invest in a couple of new ones and was going to get the Samsungs because of the high user rating here on the forum. But if these were gonna be better for performance and maybe longevity, I knew you guys would know. No sense wasting money if the "tried and true" batts would be cheaper and just as good. ;)

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In a regulated mod, 20 amps per battery is roughly equal to 70 watts per battery. It would be around 105 watts per battery at 30 amps. 200 watt 2 battery mod would need the 30 amp batteries...

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks guys......I do need to invest in a couple of new ones and was going to get the Samsungs because of the high user rating here on the forum. But if these were gonna be better for performance and maybe longevity, I knew you guys would know. No sense wasting money if the "tried and true" batts would be cheaper and just as good. ;)
Good decision. No reason to gamble on a mystery cell that's been rewrapped.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What gets me is the claim of "40amp continuous"...Others just say 40 amps but neither continuous or burst...Should for any reason this is the cell used in the Aspire CF, an Aspire representative has already said anything below .5 ohm on that device and the battery gets hot...so this leads me to believe it isnt even a 20 amp continuous cell thats being used in it.

VU Sponsors