Become a Patron!

Thread moved to Regulated Mods in Hardware.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This isn't specifically a recall. A young woman is selling one on OfferUp.com. She is local and states that the mod is new, etc. I love it (yellow). She is asking $60. Found it in several places online from $35 - $38.

During negotiations I pulled up one of Jai Haze's reviews in July '17 since he love dainty, light mods. And I checked other reviews. Jai later updated his review with:

"Important UPDATE: There are some people that are experiencing issues where the mod doesn't turn off, and it auto fires and ALSO a combination of both. If you have this problem, updating the firmware WILL NOT fix this. Contact Tesla or the company you bought it from as this is a very very bad problem."

I'm still interested in her mod. But it will depend on what I hear here.

If you have one, please share your experience.
The tesla wye cannot be shut off, it's not a fault. It goes into standby when you don't use it, it's not a 5 clicks turn off mod.
It's a good mod too, it feels so nice in the hand. Mines never auto fired though, that doesn't sound right at all but the mod not turning off that's not something to worry about :) hope that clears things up.
My mate kept saying the same thing to me, it's a pretty stupid thing that it can't be turned off but to me the pros outweigh the cons. I just love the ergonomics am how it performs in wattage mode.
One of my favourites in that price range!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Thank you VERY much, Skold. I moved the thread to Hardware. But your explanation is reassuring. I think I will purchase it. :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you VERY much, Skold. I moved the thread to Hardware. But your explanation is reassuring. I think I will purchase it. :)
Sorry only just seen that you moved the thread when I was typing my message but yeah its definitely worth getting for a wattage device. Just don't use it for TC cos it lacks in that department!!

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool link... it reroutes me in a circle right back to this thread with no further info. :rolleyes:

In other news, we now have confirmation that @Ms. Trixy is a genuine girl. :giggle:

VU Sponsors