Become a Patron!

Throat Hit

I'm relatively new to vaping. When I started out, I would borrow a friend's eleaf istick 50w with the Aspire Atlantis tank. We vaped 6mg Papa Smurf ejuice, and got a pretty nice throat hit. I recently moved, so I decided to get my own setup, a Segelie 75w with temperature control and a Horizon Tech Arctic tank using the 0.2ohm BTDC coils. I have yet to find a store that had Papa Smurf, but I did get a bottle of 6mg blueberry with a 70%/30%, which is as close as I could find. The only problem is that I have yet to get any throat hit, and I was wondering if anyone had some pointers for me.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
PG is what gives you more of a throat hit so would say stick to a 50/50 blend if that is what your looking for.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm relatively new to vaping. When I started out, I would borrow a friend's eleaf istick 50w with the Aspire Atlantis tank. We vaped 6mg Papa Smurf ejuice, and got a pretty nice throat hit. I recently moved, so I decided to get my own setup, a Segelie 75w with temperature control and a Horizon Tech Arctic tank using the 0.2ohm BTDC coils. I have yet to find a store that had Papa Smurf, but I did get a bottle of 6mg blueberry with a 70%/30%, which is as close as I could find. The only problem is that I have yet to get any throat hit, and I was wondering if anyone had some pointers for me.

Yep... I could not LIVE without FlavourArt's "Flash" additive -- I've always used fairly low nic (10mg), and high PG always, but never could get enough TH... till I found Flash. Now that I'm down to 5mg, the Flash is even more useful!

The longer you go without smoking, the less TH you'll probably want or need... but even 20 months without smoking, I don't like a vape that has zero TH; I need to feel the vape, even if it's sweet and fruity and desserty.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
To me, 50/50 is not high PG at all. I use 85% PG.

Andria

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi and welcome. I don't know about the Flash additive @AndriaD is talking about, but I control my throat hit by regulating the PG/VG ratio. If you want a bit more, a drop or two of PGA per bottle of juice will bump it up some.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi and welcome. I don't know about the Flash additive @AndriaD is talking about, but I control my throat hit by regulating the PG/VG ratio. If you want a bit more, a drop or two of PGA per bottle of juice will bump it up some.

I've heard that about PGA, but we're recovering alcoholics; when I mentioned that it also made a good thing to clean attys with, my husband gave me a very definite ixnay on the oozebay. :D Nice thing about Flash is that the sensation is provided with piperine, the chemical in black pepper that gives it its peppiness; much softer than capsicum, found in hot peppers, but definitely perceptible.

Andria

jennyyili

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
PG is what gives you more of a throat hit so would say stick to a 50/50 blend if that is what your looking for.
PG and nicotine are what give us more of a throat, he should take 70%PG

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep... I could not LIVE without FlavourArt's "Flash" additive -- I've always used fairly low nic (10mg), and high PG always, but never could get enough TH... till I found Flash. Now that I'm down to 5mg, the Flash is even more useful!

The longer you go without smoking, the less TH you'll probably want or need... but even 20 months without smoking, I don't like a vape that has zero TH; I need to feel the vape, even if it's sweet and fruity and desserty.

Andria
Thanks for the Flash info Andria...never heard of it before.

VU Sponsors