Become a Patron!

Thunder Head Creations Blaze RTA Review By Ben28

THC Blaze RTA
Intro.jpg

There are several types of atomizers on the market, from RDAs, RTAs, RDTAs... In this case I bring you my first RTA, I had never tried any before. We also started in a big way, with the Blaze RTA from Thunder Head Creations in collaboration with Mike Vapes. It is a dual coil RTA with a capacity of 2mL or expanded to 5.5mL. In addition, in general terms, it has an inlet for both air and liquid refill located at the top. Finally, let's leave the generalities behind and start the review to talk in detail.

This entire review is possible thanks to Monica and the Vapeo24 team for sending this product. You can visit their website and read more about THC Blaze RTA.

Combo.jpg

Features
  • 1. Φ24mm diameter (base)
  • 2. Designed by Mike Vapes
  • 3. Innovative "WOW" build deck
  • 4. Dual coil postless build deck
  • 5. Top to bottom leak-proof design
  • 6. Double 270° 46 holes honeycomb airflow system
  • 7. Top airflow and top fill design
  • 8. 2ml/5.5ml capacity (5.5ml bubble glass included in the package)
BrandThunderhead Creations
Product NameBlaze RTA
SizeDiameter 26 (Base 24) * 44.5mm
MaterialSS
Capacity2ml (5.5ml with bubble tank)
FillingTop filling
AirflowTop airflow
DeckDual Coil
Drip Tip810
ColorSS, Gun, Gold, Silver Black, Matt Black

Packaging
ReLens_IMG_20240327181111.JPEG
The product comes in a rectangular box predominantly black in color and with dark gray and gold details. We are also presented with a small window to see the presentation of the product but, unfortunately, it is covered by a warning sticker about nicotine. At the top we find a large golden flame referring to the name of the product, Blaze. Just below, in a silver color, it is announced that it is an RTA. Finally, at the bottom of this beautiful front we are told that it is created in collaboration with Mike Vapes.

In general, this first impression gives me a very good vibe, it gives me a feeling of quality, of a good product. We'll see how it behaves later.

ReLens_IMG_20240327181127.JPEG

On one of the sides we find a barcode, where the color is also indicated, in this case SS, in any case it is available in;

- Gold
- Gunmetal
- Matte Black
- Silver Black
- SS (Selected for review)

In the center we are shown the Facebook and Instagram social networks of Thunder Head Creations

Finally, on the right side we find a scratch to verify the authenticity of the product. I recommend using it and checking it. If it is false, we must contact the seller or, in most cases, the brand.

ReLens_IMG_20240327181136.JPEG

We continue with the same decoration, using gray, gold and silver tones. On the back, in addition to a gigantic sticker, we are shown the contents of the box, although somewhat reduced, since the Accessories Pack includes quite a few elements that I will put in better detail here below.

In the box
1* Blaze RTA
1* Coil Leg Cutter
2* Fused Clapton Coil 0.45Ω
1* Screwdriver
1* Bag of Accessories (screws, allen keys and O-rings)
1*User Manual

At the bottom we see some logos, it tells us that sale to minors is prohibited and we are also shown the manufacturer's website.

ReLens_IMG_20240327181149.JPEG

When we open the box the first thing we see is both the replacement glass and the atomizer, both nested in a custom-made pad. The glass is bubble type and has a capacity of 5.5mL, which, compared to the 2mL, is quite large.

If we remove this pad we will find the double bottom of the box with a bag that will contain the coils, the Allen keys, the O-rings, the screws and the manuals. Everything well packaged and insured. By the way, it doesn't come with cotton but it does come with coils, which are the ones I will use for the purpose of this review.

ReLens_IMG_20240327181318.JPEG

This is what all the essentials look like once organized. I have not included accessories such as keys and gaskets because it is not something ''essential'' as such. I simply wanted to show what it takes to get started with vaping.

As you can see, they bring us some 4-core Fused Clapton Coils, very typical but very useful and with very good performance and flavor.

We can also see the additional 5.5mL glass, which I must admit took me a while to put in but I was finally able to do it. It is a fairly big improvement since, at the power at which these coils operate, 2mL is used up in a very short time.

Device Inspection
ReLens_IMG_20240327181527.JPEG
In this photo my purpose was to show you the atomizer completely disassembled and then talk about it part by part and finally give my conclusion about its performance and vaping. As you can see, it is made up of 7 pieces, including the additional glass.

Its assembly is very simple, many of the pieces are press-fit or with a simple thread, so it is quite user-friendly. Let's give way to the detailed comment of each piece.

ReLens_IMG_20240327181558.JPEG

We will start at the top and go down. In this part, we will find the 810 and interchangeable drip tip. It is a black drip tip with reddish marble. It is quite good in height, it fits perfectly on the lips and I loved it so much that I have used it in other atomizers besides this one. I think it's a very good detail that it's not just a simple drip tip, but that it has some decoration, which makes it special.

As for the other part, it is the top cap, which is positioned using a thread that, of course, has a stop. This small part also has an o-ring underneath and this is because with it we access the filling system. In this way, it will try to ``seal'' the camera so that leaks do not occur, which is very annoying.

ReLens_IMG_20240327181615.JPEG

This is the large piece that the top cap screws onto. As you can see, at the top it has two large openings. That is the refill system. We will have to unscrew the top cap and fill through one of those two holes, it doesn't matter which one. Something to keep in mind and very important is to NEVER fill through the center hole.

The long bottom part is the outer chamber. Inside this will be the inner and smaller chamber, so we have a double chamber system, usual in these atomizers. In the photo it cannot be seen with complete clarity but we have the Blaze and a flare engraved, a great detail on the part of the brand.

ReLens_IMG_20240327181631.JPEG

This is the interior of the outer chamber. As can be seen in the photo, it flattens until it reaches the top. With this, the flavor is maximized since everything is concentrated in a smaller space.

In addition, the finish of the interiors of these pieces is quite successful. I say this more than anything because I have seen atomizers that do not pay detail to these areas, since they are not usually looked at or are not visible, but this already tells me several things about the quality that the brand offers.

ReLens_IMG_20240327181657.JPEG

We continue with the airflow ring. But someone might be wondering, where does this piece go? Well, it is fitted to the front part, to the exterior chamber and the filling system. Anyway, don't worry, at the beginning of the review you have a photo provided by the brand with all the parts well named and marked. This way you can see what I'm talking about at all times.

The airflow ring is a single piece with two opposite air inlets. It has a kind of texture that allows for easier adjustment. As for how it fits, it's very simple. We will simply have to put pressure on it and turn it until we hear a slight click, at which point it will have fit into its slots. Also, you shouldn't worry about placing it upside down since it simply won't fit, which will tell us that we should turn it around.

Let's talk now about its regulation. As I mentioned before, it has two opposite entrances and the deck has a Double 270º Honeycomb system. This makes the atomizer very airy with the inlets open to the maximum, just my taste. In any case, by adjusting it we can restrict the puff and increase the flavor somewhat. Obviously, it is not an atomizer for MTL, but rather for DL and with the air inlet adjustment for RDL.
ReLens_IMG_20240327183728.JPEG

The deck, along with the base, is quite large. The base is approximately 24mm and widens until it reaches a maximum of 26mm.

Let's start talking about the deck in detail. On both sides we find large air intake areas, known as honeycomb because they resemble the typical honeycomb created by bees. On these sides, in the lower part, we find two allen screws that we must loosen and undo to place our coils in position (normally at the height of the air inlet). In the front area, I'm sure you can see a big hole. Our cotton will be placed there, but it should not be very deep and not touch it, but rather it should remain superficial. That is, not completely inside but not outside either, just enough so that the liquid can rise through the cotton.

ReLens_IMG_20240327184856.JPEG

This is how our build should look more or less. A generous amount in the center and quite combed at the ends to create a flow of liquid.

As you can see, once we stabilize the coils, position them well and adjust everything, we must wet the cotton well, especially the central area, which is the one that withstands the most pressure, let's say.

As mentioned before, the cotton gets into the ``bay'' but it does not end up touching the bottom, but rather remains somewhat more superficial. In this way we will avoid spitback above all, since otherwise the coil will become oversaturated.

ReLens_IMG_20240327185211.JPEG

I know that it may not be the most appropriate mod, but it seems like an acceptable combination to me, especially when I later added the 2mL glass.

This is how it looks when assembled, the fact that its base is 24mm allows me to mount it in this mod, which is the maximum it supports.

Anyway, I recommend another option that is not such a small mod, I was in the trial period with it and decided to use it with this atomizer as well.

Vaping Time

In short, this atomizer is incredible. Before going into details, I will mention that I was using a liquid from the Bombo brand, known as Tobacco Rubio Creme, which the Vapeo24 team also provided to me. Well, with the liquid recharged and having vaped several tanks until the end at about 50W, I think I am ready to give my conclusion.

The atomizer in relation to the flavor is spectacular. The shape of both chambers increases the flavor greatly. Thus I can notice all the notes of tobacco and the sweetness of the cream that the liquid contains. In my opinion, this is an atomizer that enhances sweet flavors above all.

As far as spitbacks and leaks are concerned, I haven't found any. I must admit that I had to play around and get used to it before finding a good build, but it is totally worth it. I have not noticed any liquid jumping into my mouth, no leaks, and practically no dry hits, just remember to keep your tank full and not let it get too low.

The air intake adjustment is amazing. Being double, it is a very aerated atomizer and provides a perfect DL vape. Even so, for the review I wanted to try closing it. I left it at 75% and I was surprised. I'm not a person who really likes MTL or very close draws, but the RDL I got with this atomizer deserves a mention. The flavor increased slightly while the vapor remained practically the same.

Finally, in terms of ease of construction and assembly/disassembly, we could say that it is very user-friendly. The disassembly, as we have been commenting throughout the review, is very simple, everything is done by pressure or with threads, so we do not have to worry. The build is somewhat more complex than the assembly/disassembly and may require a few tries to get a good one. In any case, YouTube is full of good videos that explain a satisfactory assembly clearly and in detail.

It's all been said, this atomizer remains in my collection and will be used quite a bit because I love its aesthetics and its flavor.

Pros And Cons

ProsCons
EstheticThe Crystal (5.5mL) Fits A Little Difficult
Easy Building
Easy Disassembly
Exceptional Flavor
Large Liquid Capacity
It Doesn't Get Hot
Spectacular Airflow
*I know that most of them are pros, but that is what I have found in this atomizer, almost all advantages.

Conclusion

This atomizer has been one of the best I have tried. It's an RTA, in fact my first RTA, but it's incredible. Once you get the hang of it and make a good build, it's exceptional.

In my opinion, it is a great option and has a very good price for the quality it offers both in materials and experience.

VU Sponsors