Become a Patron!

Thunderhead creations tauren rta review

wiz4vap

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I received tauren rta from sourcemore for the purpose of this review.

Tauren rta colors:

- Blue
- Black
- Gunmetal
- Rainbow
- Ss
- Gold

vxBDi6v.jpg

Specifications:

- Size: 24 x 41mm
- Material: 304SS
- Drip Tip: 810 PEI
- Connection: Gold-plated 510 pin
- Coils Type: Single coil/Dual coil
- Capacity:2ML/4.5ML(with an extra unbreakable frosted PC bubble tube)

In the box:

- Tauren rta
- Tool
- Frosted PC bubble tube
- Accessories bag

6R1GAR1.jpg

Tauren rta is a dual coil atomizer and this atomizer is 24mm in diameter, but if you want because of this build deck you can use this atomizer with one coil. Atomizer comes in a very nice box that you can use as atomizer stand which is really nice because you can use it when you build on this atomizer. In the package you will receive a bubble glass tank but in the box you will not receive coils and cotton. Atomizer comes in 6 very nice colors which is really good.
Build quality of the atomizer is very good, everything is as it should be and threads here are pretty much good. On the top cap you can see details that helps when you want to unscrew the top cap, aslo on the airflow control ring we have similar details that helps with airflow adjustment. On the top cap you can see "Tauren" engraved and on the chamber you can see logo enraved. From the bottom of the atomizer you can see standard informations and threads on the connection are good, 510 pin protruding and it is gold plated.

ZskGueX.jpg

From the top of the atomizer you can see the drip tip, this is a 810 drip tip and it stands very nice in the place. On this atomizer you can use any other 810 drip tip without any problems. On the drip tip you can see some details, you can see "Thunderhead creations". Drip tip that comes pre installed is very comfortable for using and in my opinion it looks really nice.

xoEVPPu.jpg

This is a top fill atomizer and on the top cap you can see some details that helps when you want to unscrew the top cap. When you take off the top cap you can see two big fill holes and here you can use any bottle to fill this atomizer which is very good.
Atomizer comes with regular glass tank pre installed and capacity of the tank is 2ml, for some capacity with this tank will be good. In the package you will receive frosted bubble tank which is better in my opinion, with this tank capacity is 4.5ml which is great capacity and I use this atomizer with bubble tank. This tank is not made out of glass so it should be more resistant in case that you drop your atomizer. The chamber on this atomizer has really nice conical shape which improves the flavor. O ring that holds the tank is very good so basically you can unscrew the base only and change cotton or coil even if you have e liquid left in the tank.

pbbJZWP.jpg

QnGBsyo.jpg

GyUVCqs.jpg

On the build deck you can see 4 slots for the coil leads and screws that holds the coil leads are from sides, on the picture you can see how it looks. The screws are good and screws hold the coil leads very nice but it is possible that screws twist the coil leads. On the build deck you can see airflow holes. So on this atomizer we have honeycomb airflow which is really nice. Under each coil on this atomizer we have 13 airflow holes. Holes on the build deck are placed perfectly in my opinion and because of that air will hit the coils from the bottom and also a little bit from sides which is really nice in my opinion. In my opinion airflow on this atomizer is pretty much good, I really like the airflow, airflow is very smooth.
On the build deck you can also see two wicking slots. Building on this rta is very easy, all you need to do is to pre cut your coil leads, place the coils on the deck and tight down the screws. Wicking is also very easy, if you wick this rta as I did on the picture you will have no problems here. There is no any leaking when you wick it properly and there is no burn hits.

8LCvqzg.jpg

re4IJaW.jpg

6KFvLs5.png

On the base you can see two airflow slots and as I said on the airflow ring you can see some details that helps with airflow adjustment. You can very easy adjust the airflow on this atomizer and what you adjust on one side it will be the same on the another side. On the airflow control ring we have a stopper which is really nice.

DTi2Fnz.jpg

vqicccP.jpg

How this atomizer works and my thoughts:

First of all the build quality of this atomizer is very good, machining is good and there is no anything that bothers me. Also this atomizer is available in very nice colors which is really nice.
I like that with this atomizer we have the bubble glass tank in the package and as I said this tank is made out of plastic which will be good for some and some will not like it, personally I really like that tank is made out of plastic because it looks pretty much solid and I belive that in case that I drop it, it will be good. I would like that in the package they included two coils and for someone this will be a con. The drip tip is very good in my opinion, it is very comfortable for using and it stays very nice in the place, but also you can use here any other 810 drip tip.
Building on this rta and wicking here is very easy and I belive that you will have no problems, it is important to wick it good and you are good to go, you will have no problems with leaking or gurgling. Also I need to mention, there is no any leaking when you fill the atomizer.
Airflow is very good and just as I like it, airflow is a little bit restricted but very smooth. Flavor on this atomizer is very good, probably one of the best atomizers for flavor in my opinion, really good flavor. Vapor production is good and vapor is very dense. On this atomizer you can use clapton coils or you can go with regular round wire coils if you want without any problems, personally I like to use my claptons here.
If you want really good atomizer for flavor you can try this one for sure, because flavor is really amazing, also airflow is very smooth and a bit restricted which I personally like, if you ask me this atomizer is very good and I really like how it works.

Cons:

- No coils in the package
- Screws can twist coil leads (I don't mind it personally)

Pros:

- Good build quality
- Bubble tank in the package
- Bubble tank looks really solid
- Drip tip is good
- Easy to fill
- No leaking
- Chamber has conical shape
- Easy to build
- Easy to wick
- Great airflow, very smooth
- Easy to adjust the airflow