Become a Patron!

Thunderstorms at 2am

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We're having a thunderstorm over the UK and it's really freaking me out lol. I've never heard one so loud. I just took that photo of the night sky. It's like it's day. It's almost 2am and the sky is flashing so bright it blinding.

image.jpg

Reactions: jae

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lovely stuff, weather, just had that here too - almost continuous lightning!

Brought the temp down over 2 deg C in 20 minutes, which is nice.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Kewl, I like storms. :D

Eh, we're all made of the same bits of electrical energy potential....Celts knew it. ;)

Redundant to say that is "bloody brilliant"?

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow that's a crazy storm! I kinda like thunder and lightning (as long as it's far enough away that i'm relatively safe). But my dogs lose their minds.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Idk. I just know that the storm bloody freaked me out lol. The lightening just went on and on. It was like looking through night vision glasses. I never know what to do when there's a storm. Like whether to unplug the Internet or something haha that sound so superstitious

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well you'd ideally want to unplug anything to which you are going to be close, or which is too expensive to lose to a giant natural arc welder wielding thousands of amps DC!

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Makes sense. I do have everything plugged through trip switches and power breakers, except my Internet connection that is. I can't say for sure how reliable those back ups are

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Matt Corby hey matt. Did you see on the news how the lightening had struck roofs and blown things up lol. And we got it again tonight maybe

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mother Nature was pissed off the other day here.

ahyga5en.jpg

qe7y2y7a.jpg

4ybybe2a.jpg

Tap'd from my LG G2

VU Sponsors