Become a Patron!

TICKETED FOR VAPING!

XEVU

Equal Opportunity Offender
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I received a $153 ticket for "smoking" within 25 feet of a public building. I tried to explain to the kind police office that vaping was in no way smoking. He tells me that when a substance is inhaled and exhaled it's considered smoking and wrote me the ticket. What the fuck!

I'm not a feather plucker or a feather plucker's son but I'll pluck a feathered pheasant until the feather plucker comes.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it look like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck..... IDK about pheasants.

What have you been asleep....... Vaping = Smoking in a legal sence. As per federal regulation, most states and local jurisdictions also..... outside the US IDK... seems even more restrictive...

Price of all vape related materials will double next month in and from California. Do to addition of cigarette taxes. Which just got increased by like 2 dollars.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I received a $153 ticket for "smoking" within 25 feet of a public building. I tried to explain to the kind police office that vaping was in no way smoking. He tells me that when a substance is inhaled and exhaled it's considered smoking and wrote me the ticket. What the fuck!

I'm not a feather plucker or a feather plucker's son but I'll pluck a feathered pheasant until the feather plucker comes.
I guess breathing air is smoking then.

Fight it in court, you're probably still going to get screwed but at least you're not going to take it easily.

This just goes to prove that it's all about the money, nothing else.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
what state was this?

I know i have seen in maryland it say smoking or using e cigarettes is not allowed around hospitals and such

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Louisiana. The worst part was getting the ticket today. April 1...

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sounds like an officer with rookieitis.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Some places like Chicago prohibit the use of e-cigs within 25 feet of building entrances but I don't see anything on the books for Louisiana. Might be a local ordinance. Find out and if it's not, fight the ticket.

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some places like Chicago prohibit the use of e-cigs within 25 feet of building entrances but I don't see anything on the books for Louisiana. Might be a local ordinance. Find out and if it's not, fight the ticket.
Oh, I'm gonna fight it. All day long!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
A year ago or so I vacationed in New Orleans and they are not vape friendly.

When we checked into our hotel, huge sign in the middle of the lobby stating "NO SMOKING OR VAPING".

Public intoxication and urination is just fine as is sleeping it off on the sidewalk but don't you dare vape!

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like an officer with rookieitis.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Ya and I'm a big supporter of the police. Go big Blue!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Price of all vape related materials will double next month in and from California. Do to addition of cigarette taxes. Which just got increased by like 2 dollars.

More than $2...$2 was just the new tax, there is the older tax that gets added also, which I think was $1.87.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If it look like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck..... IDK about pheasants.

What have you been asleep....... Vaping = Smoking in a legal sence. As per federal regulation, most states and local jurisdictions also..... outside the US IDK... seems even more restrictive...

Link? I haven't heard anything about vape-related items doubling in price in California.

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@f1r3b1rd
I heard there was some football team up north trying to take that saying but that'll never happen.

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Link? I haven't heard anything about vape-related items doubling in price in California.
Was on news yesterday..... cig tax goes into affect today.. next month for vape. They said it's like 80%... TOO EQUALIZE with the taxes already on cigarettes. Say goodbye to local vape vending.

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was on news yesterday..... cig tax goes into affect today.. next month for vape. They said it's like 80%... TOO EQUALIZE with the taxes already on cigarettes. Say goodbye to local vape vending.

Goes into affect on TODAY? April 1st?
Hopefully it's an April fool's day joke like this post.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Sadly no

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

tumblr_mwcllivIW11rexcs3o1_400_zpsab946973.gif

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
http://www.licensetovape.com/e-cigarette-state-laws-guide/

California

Defines e-cigarette device. Prohibits the sale of e-cigarettes to anyone under 18.

SB 648 (update: tabled until January), which has already passed the California Senate, has been assigned to the California Assembly Committee on Government Organization. If enacted, this bill would ban the use of vapor products wherever smoking is banned. Among those provisions most likely to impact users are those that would:

- Ban e-cigarette use in virtually all workplaces in California, including in hospitals. Violations would be punishable by fines of $100, $200, and $500. (Section 12)

- Ban e-cigarette use inside or within 20 feet of any public building or in a vehicle owned by the state. (Section 4)

- Declares that the use of electronic cigarettes “may be a hazard to the health of the general public,” and would include e-cigarettes in all future smoking bans passed in California. (Section 11)

- Ban e-cigarette use in railroads and air carriers. (Section 13)

Union City: Law goes into effect Jan 10 that will classify e-cigs as regular tobacco products. Restricting their use in public places.

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
That sucks man, but it doesn't surprise me. In Australia you can't smoke anywhere near public transport locations including train stations, bus stops etc. I was vaping outside a train station one day and was approached by police and told to leave or I'd get a ticket.

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They should ticket you for your signature
The funny thing is that I can quote it rather fast without messing it up. LoL

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:p can anyone say.......Gotcha
Ya. I felt bad when it started turning all serious. Especially for the guys from the Peoples Republic of California.
In the words of Mel Gibson
b5e21161520dc67687c72634ae8fb843.jpg

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
A year ago or so I vacationed in New Orleans and they are not vape friendly.

When we checked into our hotel, huge sign in the middle of the lobby stating "NO SMOKING OR VAPING".

Public intoxication and urination is just fine as is sleeping it off on the sidewalk but don't you dare vape!

And puking. You forgot puking in public - this is Mardis Gras central after all. So much healthier and sanitary than vaping. :facepalm:

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
In addition to fighting it you may want to call any local newspapers you think might be either pro vaping or pro rights, preferably both.

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
882742c81643a461eb1fb2bd82f33ee9.jpg

Nice job. E juice tester for Breazy

VU Sponsors