Become a Patron!

Tilted coils

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am just wandering if a tilted or slanted coil is good or not .......what are the pro's and con's of it and does really improve flavor or not ? My coil is slanted I like it but does it do anything different

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A coil or more tilted is fine. Keep them wet with what ever you use. It's just electricity & wire, position don't matter.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ideally you would want them to sit in front of the air holes, having the air come in contact with as much of the coil as possible. Some RDAs like the Mutation X's would benefit from a slanted coil, while others would not. It's not a life or death thing, but RDAs are usually designed in a manner where airflow over the coil plays a major part in performance

hugh janus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will angle coils sometimes, depending on the atty. In some cases angled coils make wick placement easier IMO.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its on a freakshow

"War,war never changes"
You probably want straighter coils then. Not saying that slanted won't work but with the bottom airflow in the FS if you have the coils slanted they won't be getting hit evenly and the part that is higher and further from the inlet probably won't get cooled down as much. That being said, if you've tried it and like it there's no real reason why you can't do it that way.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Its working alright.... Not the best but not the worse either.....I'm going to build another coil when I get home

"War,war never changes"

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its working alright.... Not the best but not the worse either.....I'm going to build another coil when I get home

"War,war never changes"
Haha yeah, I've got the freakshow mini and I've found getting the right coil placement is key. There's not much space in the mini, so I don't even know if tilted coils would work (they'd probably touch the top cap) but I find that having them straight and placed over the airflow channels as much as possible with the wicks pulled back between the posts works best. That and dripping on it right (paint the coils/wicks with juice, don't fill the well) makes for a great vape!

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It can be tricky to get the coils completely over the air holes.especially if your using twisted coils.I have never tucked the wick in between the post.I just cut it where it bearly touches the deck.and I found out that you can't really "drip" you have to paint juice on.but if you paint to much it will roll right off the coil and down into the air hole

"War,war never changes"

VU Sponsors