Become a Patron!

Time to get a new mod again

Hello all. I currently have a Cuboid 150w, RX 2/3, and a Predator 228. My Predator already crapped out on me, my Cuboid seems to be on its way out as well, and my RX 2/3 is the only one hanging on for now. Pisses me off to spend the money and have something die in a few months.
So I'm on the hunt again. Now that I've been vaping for awhile, I'm more concerned about reliability with that diamond in the rough rather than the mainstream crap that doesn't last. I never TC, and usually vape around 50-80watts with either my OBS Engine or Vandy Vapes Icon.
Here's what I've compiled so far...
-Smoant Charon
-Voopoo Drag
-Think Vape Finder 167
-Lost Vape Therion 166
-P4Y IPV 8 (I like the look and size)
-Sigelei 213 Plus (I like the look and size)

My only worry with the last two is how well they'll hold up. Heard some bad aspects of P4Y lately, and some shady stuff from Sigelei. The form factor is what I like, along with having a YiHi chip in the IPV8. I know everyone will say get the DNA, but if I don't have to spend $100+ for something that I can get similar quality from at $50, why bother. Especially considering I just vape in VW and rarely mess with any advanced settings (except on my RX 2/3 with Arctic Fox). So what do you guys recommend? More specifically between the Drag vs Charon and Finder vs Therion. Unless there's a specific reason to get the IPV 8 or Sig 213 Plus That way, I can decide between a cheaper device and a more expensive one.

Thanks for the assistance everyone!

Enrocc

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I vote for the therion! That's my current dream vape!

I know it doesn't affect your vote at all, but I changed my options after doing some research...
-Asmodus Minikin V2 (current fav I think)
-Lost Vape Therion 166
-Yosta Livepor 160 (beater mod)
-Smoant Charon

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome @Infamshxr

I have the asMODus MinikinV2 and the MinikinV1.5- both are very nice and well made and I really like the battery life on these dual battery mods! I have only had the V2 for a few weeks and everything is working great and like the touch screen! I also really like the Minikin V1.5 too- I have had those since Feb, asMODus also has the Minikin Boost and the Minikin Reborn(not out in the market yet)
I like the metal finish and not the rubber coating- not sure how well that will hold up in the future. I do not use these mods outside the house- I have my Nebox for that!
I own the Yosta 160w too- I bought that as a beater box- paid about $24.00 on sale in January and it works really well too! Much bigger than the Minikins, but much lighter! Not really what I call a pocket mod. Now Fasttech is selling just the covers as mine has developed a small crack in the sleeve, so for about $2.50 I can replace it and maybe get a couple other colors! I have the black frame with the white sleeve now as they only had the black or white, but now I see they have a metal frame too!
That Yosta really works well, super long battery life(dual Battery) super light weight, just wish it was a bit smaller! Many You Tube reviewers seem to like the Yosta 160W
The Yosta and the Minikins have really nice battery sleds- easy to get the batteries in and out with no damage to the wraps!
I use an external battery charger- I never charge with the USB

Thanks for your review and experiences with those devices. I'm not a fan of the older stuff from asmodus. They look bulky and the +/- on the side is just weird. Really wish they'd make a Minikin V2 with a standard screen. That'd be amazing.

VU Sponsors