Become a Patron!

Tip/Mouthpiece getting really hot now

Just got into sub-ohm with a Lost Vape Therion 166. I'm using my previous tank, which is a Kayfun v4. Coil setup is currently 26g x2 prebuilt coil registering around 0.53 cold ohms, and 0.58 hot ohms. After some extended use, the tip starts to heat up quite a bit. I'm sure this is due to the increased power output of the new mod and thicker coil, but is there a quality mouthpiece that anyone would suggest that would insulate the heat better? Or maybe a made in USA rebuildable tank that doesn't get as hot? I'm completely open to suggestions. Thanks!

Look into delrin drip tips

I've heard about drip tips, but not really sure how they work. Do they take the place of a tank? Are they something you put on a tank? Do they have a reservoir that still holds liquid? I don't want to put something on it that is super specialized, and may perform well, but is really inconvenient to use.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've heard about drip tips, but not really sure how they work. Do they take the place of a tank? Are they something you put on a tank? Do they have a reservoir that still holds liquid? I don't want to put something on it that is super specialized, and may perform well, but is really inconvenient to use.

Drips tips are the part of the attie you are referring to as the mouthpiece :)

Whiskey was suggesting you replace the stock "mouthpiece" of the Kayfun with on made of delrin

A drip tip made of ultim would also not heat up so fast

Drips tips are the part of the attie you are referring to as the mouthpiece :)

Whiskey was suggesting you replace the stock "mouthpiece" of the Kayfun with on made of delrin

A drip tip made of ultim would also not heat up so fast

Great! Thanks much for the clarification. In all honesty, I'm not even the one that vapes. My wife is the one using it, and she leaves it up to me to rebuild her tank and sort this kind of stuff out. I'm obviously no expert on any of this stuff. :)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Great! Thanks much for the clarification. In all honesty, I'm not even the one that vapes. My wife is the one using it, and she leaves it up to me to rebuild her tank and sort this kind of stuff out. I'm obviously no expert on any of this stuff. :)

We all started out knowing zilch :)

VU Sponsors