Become a Patron!

Tips on mixing DIY e-Liquid with Nicotine Salts?

Hoggy

Member For 3 Years
Be sure to adjust the mg in your juice calculator

Oh yeah.. I put it in as a new separate Nicotine ingredient in Hotrod's Juice Calculator. .... Will be perfect for my high-nic morning mixes. I'll have to see about otherwise -- as I now want to use up my 24 8-ounce bottles of 100mg freebase to replace with 250 (probably a mix of various freebase and salts).

I didn't want to quite go with 1000, as I don't have a workspace next to a window (I have the window fan, though), and don't want to go with the heavier safety gear. Plus I have a dog that might be more sensitive to it. I figure with 250, I could still go with relatively lax safety - no gloves or goggles - but just be more careful with it, especially at first. With 100 in pure VG, I can actually rub quite a bit on bare skin with no ill effects at all. Obviously, I just won't do that at first with 250 (as in what is normally left on the end of a no-dispensing-tip syringe, due to it being in VG).

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I buy pg base which is another reason to go to the 250mg as I have a mild sensitivity to pg. Forgot to raise my dw in my last batch of base. Been a bit cloudier than usual around the house for a few weeks.:giggle:

Hoggy

Member For 3 Years
I buy pg base which is another reason to go to the 250mg as I have a mild sensitivity to pg.

You might want to think about going with the 100% VG route, then. Plus in my own experience with ancient PG & VG always stored at room temps (about 8 years old) - the VG remained perfectly fine, while the PG became wretchedly fumey smelling, almost like gasoline but with a different 'aroma'. (Worse than gasoline to me, since I actually like the smell of diffused gasoline. :crazy: ) Even with 100, the amount to be used is pretty small - and especially with 250, it should be minuscule.. Almost no challenge to draw up in a syringe, even with a 12-gauge tip on it (widest I currently have from Ebay). :)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Nah, I'm good with pg based nic. I keep any not in use in the freezer. If I went all vg I'd need new rtas. The Nanos don't like vg over 90 as it is and over 7% dw crackles too much. My pg between nic and flavors only runs around 4-10%.

VU Sponsors