Become a Patron!

Titanium builds better on Snowwolf 200w or Evic VT?

mrmonday

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Coming from mech mods I almost exclusively use drippers so i want to know which of these devices would work best with an RDA with a titanium build. I had the snowwolf on preorder but I didn't realize that it doesn't auto detect titanium wire which means that I would have to dial it down about 140 degrees to use titanium wire. The evic vt on the other hand does have a titanium setting but I don't like how it is more limited in its capabilities with kanthal and I don't like how its battery is non removable. My question is will the snowwolf pass a cotton burn test when using a titanium macro build on a dripper? It bothers me that I can't update the snowwolf with usb because they will surely release a titanium auto detect feature in the future.

Last edited:

VapeHogSD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Coming from mech mods I almost exclusively use drippers so i want to know which of these devices would work best with an RDA with a titanium build. I had the snowwolf on preorder but I didn't realize that it doesn't auto detect titanium wire which means that I would have to dial it down about 80 degrees to use titanium wire. The evic vt on the other hand does have a titanium setting but I don't like how it is more limited in its capabilities with kanthal and I don't like how its battery is non removable. My question is will the snowwolf pass a cotton burn test when using a titanium macro build on a dripper? It bothers me that I can't update the snowwolf with usb because they will surely release a titanium auto detect feature in the future.
All good points - however, how long can we wait for technology to give all we want? The Snowwolf 200w looks to be the best right now. Do I wait until it's perfect? Right now all I've got for temp control is a Vapor Flask Clone that leaves a lot to be desired. So for me it's the eVic VT, the IPV4, or the Snowwolf 200watt. Decisions decisions!

Ron01

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I picked up a snow wolf the other day and I do enjoy it. it's my first tc mod, I judged almost exclusively on the way it compared to the ipv4 in feeling and asthetics. I held them both and the snow wolf won by leaps..... however, if I had more cash, I would have gone sxmini

-Ron

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I picked up a snow wolf the other day and I do enjoy it. it's my first tc mod, I judged almost exclusively on the way it compared to the ipv4 in feeling and asthetics. I held them both and the snow wolf won by leaps..... however, if I had more cash, I would have gone sxmini

-Ron
Seems like a good mod if you want to super sub ohm on a regulated device
however this review I found about the temp control kinda stopped me from pulling the trigger on it. Will need to wait for more reviews on it most have only had it for a week or so.
The Asolo from Ijoy caught my eye with the temp control on kanthal ,but it could be all smoke and mirrors idk

Ron01

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
oh also the "200 watt" sounded fun to play with.... I hit something at 150, and 200... exactly once each. I said "Jesus... that's almost stupid" and dropped it waaaaaaaay back down. I don't know how you vape. but for me, 200w is at least triple what I need. so from my experience id toss max wattage out as a comparison. and still id vote snow wolf.... or sxmini

if I get my hands on some titanium I'll play with it and report back

-Ron

Ron01

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
however this review I found about the temp control kinda stopped me from pulling the trigger on it. Will need to wait for more reviews on it most have only had it for a week or so.
The Asolo from Ijoy caught my eye with the temp control on kanthal ,but it could be all smoke and mirrors idk
I saw that one, but I saw a few really good reviews too. all in all, I feel that it was a solid buy. though I probably should have been less impulsive and waited it out.

the ijoy I will absolutely purchase if it works as described. the smok m80 kinda made me skeptical though....

-Ron

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Smok m80 was a huge failure tc wise,but for the price it's a decent 80 watt device as long as it doesn't drop watts on you. if it does you can fix the battery grounding issue so it won't drop wattage on you.
Yea gonna wait on the Ijoy Asolo reviews before buying the snow wolf or the Asolo. In the mean time as long as the reviews comming out on the evic vt are well recieved I think I will snag that unit. The Evic vt does look rather flashy and I dig the looks of it.

VapeHogSD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All good points - however, how long can we wait for technology to give all we want? The Snowwolf 200w looks to be the best right now. Do I wait until it's perfect? Right now all I've got for temp control is a Vapor Flask Clone that leaves a lot to be desired. So for me it's the eVic VT, the IPV4, or the Snowwolf 200watt. Decisions decisions!
Oh, and if I want to wait another month or two, there's the IPV D2 to throw into the mix! 70 watts, 50 joules and "the most advanced yihi chipset on the market". Holy Hanna! What's a poor man to do?! I want the best bang for my bucks like everyone else and I don't want buyer's remorse!

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't forget the Sigelei 75 watt tc mod and the iPV3 LI 200 wattt tc mod. It's gonna be an expensive year for all us tc vapers lol.

mrmonday

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I couldn't wait long at all, I broke down and bought the eVic VT yesterday from eciggity for $53.

I also saw that review and canceled my order for the snowwolf 200w. I think the titanium mode on the eVic VT is what I really want. I don't need 200w with temp control, I hope to be able to save on juice and battery life by switching over to TC.

I can almost guarantee you the iJoy Asolo will be a flop, here is a quote on how the device works:
"The IJOY Asolo 200W Box Mod is the most simple temperature control device on the market. Choose a good wattage for the tank and try several puffs. When you find your favorite flavor, you can press the bottom to tell the device you love this taste, and the device will keep it in its memory. Enter the temperature control mode by pressing the bottom of the big “T”. Operate the temperature control easily by choosing the %’ F from 80%~110%. It is most like the YIHI SX mini temperature control box mod and has a Soft~Standard~Power~ Power plus. The IJOY Asolo 200W Box Mod has 80%~81%~82%……~109%~110%. After choosing a temperature control mode, if you would like to lock the mode, simply press both sides of the big “T” and it will lock that mode. If you want to get out of the temperature control mode, simply press the bottom of the big “T”. The IJOY Asolo 200W Box Mod is the most accurate device for temperature control and the best way to keep your coil from having a burn taste. The IJOY Asolo 200W Box Mod is able to remember the users favorite flavor and continuously offer it to them."

I have a strong feeling it will be ripped apart by reviewers for the hype building it up to be something it clearly is not.

if I get my hands on some titanium I'll play with it and report back
-Ron
I am also getting into titanium builds with my rtas and drippers so the real selling point with the eVic VT was the fact that it is calibrated with the proper temperature coefficient of resistance and also the firmware is user upgradable

I want the best bang for my bucks like everyone else and I don't want buyer's remorse!
Amen

snowolf review

>>>

Messungen_snowwolf_isk.png

NOT GOOD !!!! o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Dimitri Milewicz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Ha ha! Yeh I watched that video too. What a dick! His entire judgement of the Snow Wolf is based on ONE nickel build he did himself. He doesn't say he tried another build, any pre-made coils (Atlantis V2 with nickel OCC or Kanger Sub Tank with nickel OCC coils apparently vape like a mule train on this device) nor does he suggest his unit may be faulty. He just puts it down based on his RDA build. What a dick! If I based my judgement of the eVic on the Kanger Sub Tank with nickel coils I would have given it two thumbs down. But I tried a build on the RBA section using Ni200 wire and it vapes great! Also the Atlantis, Nautilus and Joyetech Mega One (both Ni and Ti) vape really well. Have not had a dry hit or burnt toke yet even running the tank dry twice by accident! Read the comments below his video and watch another few reviews and I think you will be convinced. I was. Mine should be here Monday!

Dimitri Milewicz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't forget the Sigelei 75 watt tc mod and the iPV3 LI 200 wattt tc mod. It's gonna be an expensive year for all us tc vapers lol.

And they told me I would save money by giving up cigarettes! I have so many mods and tanks and drippers I could start a Vape Shop! Not to mention bottles and bottles of juice I either bought or made up that I personally just don't like, although I bet others would love most of them. Everything comes down to personal preference and subjectivity. Then again I don't really have any other hobbies so a few hundred here and there is ok by me. I see some of the young folk go out for a night on the town and come back with no change out of $200! And what do they have to show for it besides a massive hangover? So I think we can all be forgiven!

Dimitri Milewicz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
snowolf review

>>>

Messungen_snowwolf_isk.png

NOT GOOD !!!! o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Does this dickhead even mention that above 150 watts it goes into pulse modulation mode? It even shows a little 'P' to tell you it is pulsing. Sow how can you even try to measure a "constant" voltage if the thing is firing on and off quickly to bring it up to temp? And notice the red areas are only at the extreme low and high and the 0.5 ohm build is all green, and that the watts are "calculated watts" only, not real watts. So I don't know why you are swayed by this techno babble - I bought mine because the batteries are replaceable, the TC works in that it won't give you a dry hit, and the vapour production is constant. And the thing reeks of quality when you hold it - just have a cloth handy to wipe off the fingerprints! Forget the graphs and charts unless you are running a science laboratory, watch this video made by vapers who just want to vape!

Last edited:

-Ron
good.we now have snowwolf and snowwolf limited edition both 5000set in stock now

VU Sponsors