Become a Patron!

To Date which US Presidential candidate will you be voting for & why?

Which US Presidential candidate will you be voting for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
19226ebfd692fc57f3ba8a9afb580a690e6693e8d7dd9ef9c5906c250194bd04.jpg

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you talk as if you'd survive...I call that bold talk for a one eyed fat man.....

Am I supposed to believe the doomsayer hippy scientists that don't like war to begin with so they'll say anything to prevent it? Um,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,global warming.

Besides, I thought we was all supposed to die from a nuclear plant meltdown if it ever happened,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,three meltdowns ago.

Scientists are prone to exaggeration when it comes to environmental issues, yes?

I'm no where near a direct target of a nuke. I think I'll take my chances that the scientists are a bit over dramatic to make their point. Like global warming and nuclear plant meltdowns. Just sayin'.

This guy isn't going to lay down and die because of what some doomsayer hippy scientists say might happen. I think I'll stick around and put my one eyed fat man to work in a soft wet "bomb shelter" or two to repopulate the planet, lol.

Last edited:

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you talk as if you'd survive...I call that bold talk for a one eyed fat man.....

I'm still laughing about a self described "libertarian independent" who thinks who thinks
tax funded bomb shelters for all is a tax-payer responsibility. :)

If that's a libertarian precept I'm a runway model... :bliss:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still laughing about a self described "libertarian independent" who thinks who thinks
tax funded bomb shelters for all is a tax-payer responsibility. :)

If that's a libertarian precept I'm a runway model... :bliss:

Two things.

1. Nobody but you said bomb shelters for all. I simply said bomb shelters. Bomb shelters should be in high population areas. Those are the likely targetts. I don't need a bomb shelter. I'm not likely to be bombed.

2. Every libertarian believes the in the limited role of the Federal government along with every constitutionalist to provide for the common defense of the country. Bomb shelters are part of the common defense. I don't see you bitching about missile defense systems that also protect civilians. You don't bitch about who pays for them and you don't bitch about how much they cost. But, they do the same thing, essentially. Bomb shelters being better at protecting life, though.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Isn't that a Nancy Pelosi quote?
rotflmao.gif

Eisenhower, Dwight D. Republican. ;)

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h3706.html

"The Eisenhower administration expressed little interest in shelters until 1957, when the Gaither Report was released in the U.S. The report was the culmination of an effort to assess the relative nuclear capability and civil defense efforts of the United States and the Soviet Union. The report concluded that the United States would soon be surpassed in all categories of nuclear weaponry and that civil defense preparations in the U.S.S.R. were well ahead of American efforts.

Public response to the report was an upsurge in interest about fallout shelters. By the late 1950s, officials of the Eisenhower administration believed that they had a realistic idea of how difficult it would be to survive a nuclear bomb blast, and was actively promoting the construction of fallout shelters as part of the civil defense program."

And Kennedy.

"In the summer of 1961, Kennedy asked Congress for more than $100 million for public fallout shelters"

But, keep saying stupid shit. I get a kick out of it.

You might want to read more about such things before flapping your gums too. http://www.civildefensemuseum.com/index.html

The 1964 Civil Defense Annual Report describes the national fallout shelter program as follows..

The National Shelter Program(1)
Since becoming operational in September 1961, the National Shelter Program has been the principal source of producing public fallout shelters needed to provide nationwide protection for all the population. Key operational elements of this program are:

1. Locating suitable fallout shelter space in existing facilities,
  2. securing signitures of facility owners on license agreements to permit use of acceptable space,
  3. marking shelters with distinctive signs,
  4. stocking licensed shelter with survival supplies,
  5. locating additional shelter space where needed, and
  6. keeping shelter data current.
At the end of 1964, fallout shelter space for approximately 121.4 million persons had been located; space for nearly 64 million had been marked; space for nearly 63 million had been licensed; and space for nearly 24 million had been stocked.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Eisenhower, Dwight D. Republican. ;)

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h3706.html

"The Eisenhower administration expressed little interest in shelters until 1957, when the Gaither Report was released in the U.S. The report was the culmination of an effort to assess the relative nuclear capability and civil defense efforts of the United States and the Soviet Union. The report concluded that the United States would soon be surpassed in all categories of nuclear weaponry and that civil defense preparations in the U.S.S.R. were well ahead of American efforts.

Public response to the report was an upsurge in interest about fallout shelters. By the late 1950s, officials of the Eisenhower administration believed that they had a realistic idea of how difficult it would be to survive a nuclear bomb blast, and was actively promoting the construction of fallout shelters as part of the civil defense program."

And Kennedy.

"In the summer of 1961, Kennedy asked Congress for more than $100 million for public fallout shelters"

But, keep saying stupid shit. I get a kick out of it.

You might want to read more about such things before flapping your gums too. http://www.civildefensemuseum.com/index.html

The 1964 Civil Defense Annual Report describes the national fallout shelter program as follows..

The National Shelter Program(1)
Since becoming operational in September 1961, the National Shelter Program has been the principal source of producing public fallout shelters needed to provide nationwide protection for all the population. Key operational elements of this program are:

1. Locating suitable fallout shelter space in existing facilities,
  2. securing signitures of facility owners on license agreements to permit use of acceptable space,
  3. marking shelters with distinctive signs,
  4. stocking licensed shelter with survival supplies,
  5. locating additional shelter space where needed, and
  6. keeping shelter data current.
At the end of 1964, fallout shelter space for approximately 121.4 million persons had been located; space for nearly 64 million had been marked; space for nearly 63 million had been licensed; and space for nearly 24 million had been stocked.
They did actually build the fallout shelters but decided to use them to store computer equipment so they could capture and store the personal electronic information of every person on earth rather than use them to protect the people themselves. Their secrets and financial records were much more valuable than the feeders themselves.

Last edited:

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still think if the liberaltarians want Bomb shelters... they can pay for em themselves.

It's not 1963 anymore... Calm your tits and stay outta the tax base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors