Become a Patron!

To Date which US Presidential candidate will you be voting for & why?

Which US Presidential candidate will you be voting for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn. I washed cloth diapers of my brother's. Got taught how to keep them separate in brown paper grocery bags, put them in a load with ammonia to themselves. I even had to use the old hand ringer washer a few times. Mimmy taught me the washtub and wash board way too.

Most "burger joints" in those days were "up in Harrisonburg" a good 45 minutes, cut to about 15 if you could "snake" up the back way. Eventually, we saw some come in by Mt. Jackson, New Market along Interstate 81.

I remember glass bleach jugs as well as glass pop bottles. We used to take all our glass bottles, jugs back to stores and get a few cents knocked off next time we bought. Nobody got wealthy doing it but every bit helps. Besides why waste good blown, or even molded glass? We had green stamps back then, but no, no "green thing".

Can recall watching adults find a decent and runnable used vehicle for under $1,000 too. Then that would run and take some minor fixing to last at least ten years or more. Lucky to see cars capable of five years now without major work needing done, or better off buying something "new" to you but still used.

Blades dull on straight blades, get the stone and strop, sharpen it back up. I've used a straight blade once or twice. Get a little too shaky to keep using them myself but yes I replace blades in the safety razor, or blade assemblies in the electric razors. I can sharpen straight edges too, one of the Paws taught me, can't remember which one or maybe an amalgamation of them. I can sharpen knives, mower blades, scythe blades, swords, corn knives, machetes, axes (although I rather have an older "hand" check me). Nah, no "green thing" back then.

Folks also used all they could of game/livestock they killed to eat. Leaving it to waste was a mortal sin due to the notion often touted, "waste naught, want not." Glad I never learned working in offices and the like, sad of it some but glad over all. I can trap, hunt, track, make fire. Wife is getting me some Foxfire books tomorrow. I'll be all kinds of giddy heady in reading all the old folklore, lore, the how to do that, make this. :)

*chuckles* The doctors at my disability hearing before a judicial administrator turned to look in the camera. "We don't know how you've managed to do half what you done. You were never meant to do any of it, you just are not built to do like that." My wife chimed in before the attorney could stop her. "He never knew his limits and if folks said he couldn't he'd do it anyway just to say he had." The attorney had a big grin, collected herself and told the administrator and doctors dryly. "He's your typical Appalachian country boy."

I often reflect on that and laugh, feel good despite the other thought, soon AI, automation will obsolete us all.

Looking at all the stuff we use to do and then thinking about todays generation, it really is a huge letdown :(

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We live in a disposable society in the USA.
Do not rock the boat and suggest anything else.
After all why repair an I phone when one can get a new one for a grand or so?
So much of our economy is based on a wasteful disposable society.
all the plastic parts in cars, appliances and such are designed to fail eventually.
And once electronic components/modules and plastic parts are discontinued the thing they fit in is junk.

Yet technology was suppose to have made life so much better for everyone..........

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
4tfk7jn1d9t21.jpg

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3 down now while she schedules a press conference & tells everyone she ain't saying nothin?
Kim Foxx issues a statement to say she wont be saying anything - as another member of her team steps down

• Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx says she will no longer comment on the Jussie Smollett case
  • County inspector general is conducting a review of prosecutors' decision to drop charges against the Empire actor
  • Foxx's office confirmed that another top aide has abruptly left her position
  • Kiera Ellis, who held the position of director of external affairs, is no longer with the State's Attorneys Office
  • On Thursday, it was learned that chief ethics officer April Perry and veteran prosecutor Mark Rotert are also set to leave
  • Perry wrote the memo to Foxx's office announcing she had recused herself from the Smollett case
  • Actor Smollett was accused of staging an attack on himself on January 29
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...r-wont-comment-review-Smollett-case-done.html

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Many of the sheep bought his act? Or Fake News?

Macron popularity rises to 23-week high after handling of devastating Notre Dame fire
EMMANUEL MACRON has seen his approval rating reach its highest level since before the yellow vest protests began, after the French president was praised for his handling of the devastating Notre Dame fire.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...re-dame-fire-yellow-vest-protest-paris-police

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Looking at all the stuff we use to do and then thinking about todays generation, it really is a huge letdown :(

*nods* Borrowing from something in a Colbert documentary.

"Vieni e smetti di pensare, penserò per te e la vita sarà più facile, guiderò la nostra nazione verso la grandezza e la prosperità per l'eternità." -- Italian

"Komm und hör auf zu denken, ich werde für dich denken und das Leben wird einfacher sein." -- German

「考えて、やめなさい、私はあなたのために考えます、そして、人生はより簡単になるでしょう。私は私たちの国を永遠のために偉大さと繁栄に導きます。」 -- Japanese

"Come and stop thinking, I will think for you and life will be easier. I will lead our nation to greatness and prosperity for eternity." -- English

And yes, according to Colbert's research all four side said the same thing, if not verbatim then at least of the same gist. There you go, by the by, welcome to WWI. Then, Germany continued and desired advancing their industrialization which provided an excuse for affluent English/British banking Empire to whisper to the alleged Jews on Wall Street NY to rabble rouse in Germany. Germany was fine with the Jews living in German but they did ask that Jews stay in the Jewish parts and not wander into German shops for German folk. Well, that was alright but the bankers wanted more war, more profit. So, now we're up to WWII.

This follows Colbert's research and my own, also follows with United States Marine Corps Major General & two time Medal of Honor winner, Smedley D. Butler's own work War Is A Racket. He was not alone in that position either, even Anthony Sutton researched and found follow the money to lead directly how politics, power works. What's more Sutton had full documentation & paper trail of all of it and photocopied it into his own works as matter of proof of his writing. This kept most of his work banned, blacklisted and censored here in America. Publishers would roll up their sidewalks to him.

Still get a chuckle at it. I am merely a spectator. That is until I start my write in votes. Well even then as well, I'm doubtful too many votes for Winnie the Pooh as treasurer of our honey will happen. I think he would be excellent in the position. Can you imagine, "*ahem* Please excuse me, but I do think a matter as grave as this will warrant the attention of all you big folks making bigger decisions. We need more honey, right away! Thank you" happening at every meeting of Congress? Soon we'd get the bees back in line and stop Monsanto's killing them. I think they tried making artificial honey once. It killed folks instantly, so nope, I want real honey made by real bees. Pooh does too. :)

Excuse me, I'm fiddling with wire ova 'ere. Got two strands o' 28 gauge NiC 80 twisted wound so well when I pluck 'em as one string, makes to liken a G chord on a guitar. Took me a bit. Had to get the tension ever so correct & it was more about tension against both strands than the tension of the twists. Although the twists could have been difficult. Finding a new way to get Claptons done and realized doing twists a certain way ... hehe, muhaha, oh yes, I found the precious! :D :) :p I will smash every Hobbits's that comes near. They will never steal the precious again! *cough, cough*

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mueller Report Exposes String Of Anonymously Sourced Stories That Got It Wrong
https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/19/mueller-report-anonymous-stories/

Wish I could say such I can see as "news" or "current affairs". I cannot though.

"You know, they'll be looking for sources. I bet they get some folks to say stuff but only anonymously," the leader of the company says to his secretary.

"You're right, there's always those anonymous sources in any kind of situation like this. Where does that leave us though," he says to boss who is pacing behind the mahogany desk.

"You probably should release my schedule, from three years ago to the press. Also write up a story about how I am torturing small children and sacrificing them to the Holy Goat in the lower parts of the company buildings. You know I am not and won't be. Do these anonymous sources know though," the boss asks with a wry grin on his face.

Using misinformation is as old as using information. So, yeah, I kind of expected blow back to be found and injected within the scope of it all. Damn, now I need to work on propping up Eeyore better. He's my POTUS candidate with Piglet as VPOTUS. :)

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
At least with them there they won't be killing his own citizens in the streets

World War 3: Macron sends French troops and tanks to Russian border
EMMANUEL Macron is deploying tanks and hundreds of troops to Estonia to boost NATO’s defences along the Russian border in a move whttps://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1116520/world-war-3-emmanuel-macron-french-troops-tanks-russia-border-nato-vladimir-putinhich is certain to raise already heightened tensions with Moscow.

Let's us The People, all call an outright General Strike. Let our so called leaders come to our square for negotiations. We The People will not have any leader. We The People will also not have any serfs, slaves. We are ALL ONE and there's no division due to colors, genders, religions, politics. We're all also fed up with how our leaders act in our name yet seldom if ever ask our permission. Yes, General Strike it is. No more war. Period and full stop.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wait, I thought this stuff was legal now in California?

Let me guess: Someone didn't bother getting the proper licenses and permits, i.e. they didn't pay for "protection" from the State?

*chuckles* "Pirates go home. Your Government despises competition."

Well piss! I'm getting, ...

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
3 down now while she schedules a press conference & tells everyone she ain't saying nothin?
Kim Foxx issues a statement to say she wont be saying anything - as another member of her team steps down

• Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx says she will no longer comment on the Jussie Smollett case
  • County inspector general is conducting a review of prosecutors' decision to drop charges against the Empire actor
  • Foxx's office confirmed that another top aide has abruptly left her position
  • Kiera Ellis, who held the position of director of external affairs, is no longer with the State's Attorneys Office
  • On Thursday, it was learned that chief ethics officer April Perry and veteran prosecutor Mark Rotert are also set to leave
  • Perry wrote the memo to Foxx's office announcing she had recused herself from the Smollett case
  • Actor Smollett was accused of staging an attack on himself on January 29
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...r-wont-comment-review-Smollett-case-done.html

Are they leaving for lucrative pay off jobs or are they leaving from the stank she put on the office. makes a wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors