Become a Patron!

To much raw juice

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It sounds like you're describing that charming behavior called "spitback"... :D The usual culprits are, wattage too low, or airflow too tight, or it's been sitting for a while and the wick inside the coil has absorbed a whole lot of ejuice which now goes snap crackle POP when you hit it. Try turning up the wattage a *little*, opening the airflow a little, see if that helps. Usually it will, but sometimes it's just a misbehaving coil, and can only be fixed by replacing the coil.

Andria

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Sounds like an over saturated coil to me. Try not to put too much juice on it, when you're priming it, about 1-2 drops on the side holes and top of the coilhead will do it, jus pay attention to how the cotton absorbs it. As for this one, wrap a paper towel around the air holes, turn it upside down and give a couple good blows, will usually knock any extra juice out of the coils. There's a few other ways I think, but this one has worked fine for me. Happy vaping dude :D

EDIT: Auto correct

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I also find putting juice directly on the metal coils will cause spitback. RDTA Combo is famous for that. Wet the wick on the sides, maybe 1 drop on the coil to get it started, works well.

VU Sponsors