Become a Patron!

to people with smok tfv8 baby beast mainly

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i know either all the time or most of the time the baby beast tank comes with two kind of meager sized vape bands and i have learned from many places that they're meant to go around the glass in your tank to help prevent cracking. So I am trying to figure out do they really help? This is because, call me a klutz but I've already cracked 2 glass tubes on my tank in less than 2 months and i really dont want to spend 5$ on a pair of tubes every time the glass cracks which I've already done and paid 6$ for shipping and the only reason I didnt mind this time paying that much for the shipping is because i also bought some juice with it. I would thinkthey possibly can help but I'm a bit doubtful that the small bands they include with this tank will really protect it from cracking unless maybe they're both put about 1/8 of an inch off the center height of the glass tube leaving a .25 inch gap.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Sometimes the bands on the outside help, but I haven't really dropped my big baby enough for testing purposes, I've only dropped on accident. Honestly, just put the rings on the outside if you like how it looks, I think it looks fuckin' dumb on my rainbow, but that's just me.

Last edited:

BearHunter104

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Matter of fact broke mine yesterday and did have the band on it.......

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The bands do help, but only with relatively minor hits, like knocking the mod and tank over on a table or the like. I've dropped my set up about 3 feet and the band saved the glass. But anything over that and it's pretty much toast. The bands do help, but they aren't bullet proof, a big enough hit will shatter or crack the glass. I use em, it can't hurt. But then I always have a spare tank glass on hand as well.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have found locating the band at the top of the tank on the metal portion will help save the tanks when dropped but nothing is 100% effective.

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yeah i ordered a few vape bands to try and keep the tank safe i think they look queer but ill give it a try if it means theres a that they'd protect my tank, but if the tube cracks after the first fall with the bands depending on the height then im likely not going to use them. I also found some glass replacement tubes for the baby beast online 1.49 each and 1.26 each if you order 4 or more and the shipping is free but the shipping time frame is a few weeks but aslong as you have one or 2 when your order them your good this is the link to the site used.

https://www.banggood.com/Colored-Re...sdRyQeoRoCKf4QAvD_BwE&ID=230&cur_warehouse=CN

Vape-kid04660

Member For 2 Years
I don’t think the bands really do much as far as the bands included with the tank. To me they just look goofy. So I don’t really bother with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don’t think the bands really do much as far as the bands included with the tank. To me they just look goofy. So I don’t really bother with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't think the bands the baby beast comes with does much that's why I got a few of the ones in the picture I figure one of those and the smok ones will be decent protection whether they look dumb or not if it keeps my tube from cracking then I'll take it but if it gets cracked within the first 3 falls depending on the height then I will have just been waking around puffing on the tank look like an idiot for nothing lol

Attachments

• IMG_0909.PNG
    IMG_0909.PNG
    388.3 KB · Views: 8

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Supposedly the FDA is now trying to put their nose in an area that it doesn't belong and that's in the vapers community they're trying to regulate and put restrictions on anything vape related on 8/8/2018 according to this article which seems to be believable if you think that it sounds true pass it on everyone that vapes needs to know and should know about this I'm finding out now after vaping for nearly 9 months and this idea has been around over a year I'm attaching a link so anyone reading this can see for themselves

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill....ences-of-the-fdas-e-cigarette-regulations?amp

Localurking

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Itll help... but only a little... the one i broke didint stand a chance with or without..

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have found locating the band at the top of the tank on the metal portion will help save the tanks when dropped but nothing is 100% effective.

This is also what I do, keeps glass from making any contact with a surface if it falls sideways. Also helps unscrew fill caps :D

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah thats what i do too i got a few thick half inch vape bands the other day and i put the edge of the top of the band right where the glass meets the top and about half to 3/4 the glass is protected so the angle of the mod if dropped and the vape band would leave a small gap between the glass and the ground all around

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
One good use I've found for them is to slide them down onto the caps of really tough to open e liquid bottles they really do help with twisting open those really tough booger tops that we all run into occasionally another good use is to help with opening really tight atty parts you know when you get a new tank or dripper and they are stuck way too tight together you can slip a ring over one part and get a whole lot better traction well shoot there you go works like a charm never did use them much on glass they were a thing a few years ago and were something new to put on your old subtank or arctic tank for a little extra bling just kind of like the vape charms that ladies used to use on their mods but you don't see those anymore either some people collect the vape bands and sometimes you get them with juice orders and stuff I have a few cool ones from Yaeliq juice but as far as protecting the glass well thats subjective some people like them and some don't I don't use them on my tanks and that's a fact Jack but hey I would never make fun of anyone who wanted to use a vape ring shoot to each his own right I mean to say just because I thought that they looked a little like a pixies cock ring doesn't mean I'm hating on someone well does it or does it.

Last edited:

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One good use I've found for them is to slide them down onto the caps of really tough to open e liquid bottles they really do help with twisting open those really tough booger tops that we all run into occasionally another good use is to help with opening really tight atty parts you know when you get a new tank or dripper and they are stuck way too tight together you can slip a ring over one part and get a whole lot better traction well shoot there you go works like a charm never did use them much on glass they were a thing a few years ago and were something new to put on your old subtank or arctic tank for a little extra bling just kind of like the vape charms that ladies used to use on their mods but you don't see those anymore either some people collect the vape bands and sometimes you get them with juice orders and stuff I have a few cool ones from Yaeliq juice but as far as protecting the glass well thats subjective some people like them and some don't I don't use them on my tanks and that's a fact Jack but hey I would never make fun of anyone who wanted to use a vape ring shoot to each his own right I mean to say just because I thought that they looked a little like a pixies cock ring doesn't mean I'm hating on someone well does it or does it.

Lol they do look like a little cock ring

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Did not protect my tank from the 3 foot fall it took 10 minutes ago worst tank break Ive had yet in fact since it pretty much shattered and is pissing liquid out was in a rush to work so I just left it on some paper towel

Keep it off the glass, put it on the very top cap, so the glass won't make contact with anything in a fall

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I was looking for these today in response to another thread. They have a 10 pack at fasttech for $3.xx. ($3 and change) and their deliver is either free or pretty cheap compared to regular shipping.

VU Sponsors