Become a Patron!

Tobeca Mini Super Tank Gurgling

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hey all!

For starters, I'm new here and relatively new to vaping overall. I just recently picked up a Snow Wolf 200w and a Tobeca Super Tank Mini. For the first week or so, everything was working fine. After I changed to the replacement .5 (I believe is what comes with it) coil on the tank, and since then I've experienced constant gurgling and juice jumping up on fire. I've tried numerous "fixes" that I read about online and nothing seems to work at all. I even changed back to the old .2 coil and yet it still seems to flood and gurgle. Really hoping someone can help me, because this has seriously gotten me relatively frustrated.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What juice are you using and what wattage? Generally those two go together, flooding and gurgling, it's a symptom of having too much juice and not enough heat to vaporize it all so you get some of the juice coming up as liquid.

I don't have that tank so I have no experience with it and it's coils but try ramping up the wattage a bit and see if it goes away. It's sad to hear about it with stock coils, typically they are more well made than that, but another idea is to not fill the tank and just give it like half a tank at a time. I know that sucks but worth a try, the higher volume will push the juice down into the coils with more force, it might make a difference.

And of course it's worth asking if you're using authentic coils or a clone/knockoff? I know on my Atlantis I would get this effect quite often when trying to rebuild the coils myself, but the premade ones were typically quite solid... you can always just end up with a dud though. Having too loose of cotton for the juice intake will lead to this and even factory made stuff sometimes has defects.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
When it gurgles, flip your entire setup so the bottom points straight up. Let all the eliquid sit at the top of the tank and then blow as hard as you can into your drip tip (Careful of your eyes doing this!!). Clean the juice off that comes out your airflow holes and then hit the fire button for a half second. The gurgle should be gone now and back to working order, if it continues then the eliquid isn't viscous enough and you should order higher VG or you need to set your wattage up (try by 5w increments at a time). Also if your Airflow is almost closed off it will pull juice in when drawing vapor, try opening the airflow more and make sure your coilhead is tightened as tight as it can be.

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When it gurgles, flip your entire setup so the bottom points straight up. Let all the eliquid sit at the top of the tank and then blow as hard as you can into your drip tip (Careful of your eyes doing this!!). Clean the juice off that comes out your airflow holes and then hit the fire button for a half second. The gurgle should be gone now and back to working order, if it continues then the eliquid isn't viscous enough and you should order higher VG or you need to set your wattage up (try by 5w increments at a time). Also if your Airflow is almost closed off it will pull juice in when drawing vapor, try opening the airflow more and make sure your coilhead is tightened as tight as it can be.

I've tried the blowing out tip after watching a video for it online. Nothing. And I just tried it with a (reportedly) 99VG Juice - Milkman, changing the wattage to try and find a good spot. Nothing. I seriously don't know what's going on with this thing.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've tried the blowing out tip after watching a video for it online. Nothing. And I just tried it with a (reportedly) 99VG Juice - Milkman, changing the wattage to try and find a good spot. Nothing. I seriously don't know what's going on with this thing.
If its leaking/Flooding continuously and you have done everything that everyone has mentioned then my last thought would be its a defective tank and I would return it to the place of purchase for a new unit, if not buy a different tank altogether. I suggest a Uwell Crown or a TFV4/TFV4 Mini. You did the right thing and got a great mod to start with but the tank isnt one Ive heard rave reviews about. The TFV4 is a great tank and I couldnt recommend it enough, it can be had for around $25 for the full kit from places like AngelCigs.com or Gearbest.com or Ebay....

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So after letting everything sit over night, found a puddle of juice right underneath where I left my coil. So it definitely seems to be an issue with the coil, though it's weird that both coils did this since the first coil worked completely fine when I first started using it.

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It sounds like you're lower O-ring has slipped out of the groove. Pull your coil out and make sure the bottom O ring is going around in the circular groove. They commonly slip out and down on brass connector kind of. There's pictures in the super tank thread of it happening.

Hope this helps, it's all I got. :)

I'm not sure what you mean, here's a picture, hopefully you can see it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 41

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yup looks like you're missing that o-ring. Google tobeco super tank coil and you can find pictures. The gap between the threading at the bottom and that ridge should have the oring there. You're probably getting liquid leaking right down into that bottom portion of your airflow.

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I second that!...I have three of them,and the o-rings are almost clear! ..Very ez to miss,as they like to roll off when removed from the package they come in....Z

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So just to be sure -- this is what it's supposed to look like? I found an o-ring to put in what I thought was the right spot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
YEP!....That's the lil' bugger!....You should be leak free now!.....I love Mine,I think it is better than My old favorite,the Kanger Subtank mini....Z

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welp. I waited to further excite myself that this could potentially be the fix. Imagine my disappointment when it was still doing the same thing. I'm pretty convinced something is wrong with the tank at this point.

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think the sad part about this all is also the amount of juice I'm wasting trying to figure this out.

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your too humble,sorry that I can't help maybe someone with more ideas can be Your guide....Z

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your too humble,sorry that I can't help maybe someone with more ideas can be Your guide....Z

Well, I really appreciate the assistance. Hopefully I figure something out. If not, gonna just to have until I get back from vacation and hope the store I bought it from swaps them out, provided it's a tank issue and not the coil.

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How is it everybody gets a thanks except the guy who solved the problem? :( <sniff>
I'm sad now.
cry.gif

Sorry about that! Thanks for the heads up. It wasn't the issue, but it's definitely still something to know. Hopefully I found out what's actually wrong with it soon. Thanks again though. Appreciate it.

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, this coil is now correct.
It's hard to believe you find no difference now that the O-ring is installed???

SuperTanks do not have a rep for leaks. Keep working 'cause this is still prolly user error.

The only possibilities now are...
You didn't screw the coil into the base tightly.
Your juice is too thin. (too much PG. Try a 30/70VG blend)
Your tank is a clone or a factory anomaly.
You laid a mostly empty tank on it's side overnight. (lost vacuum)

33734-b655cd0f031ec20f5a96a58c6334063c.jpg

Try storing it upright overnight. Take it off the mod if you're worried about leakage into mod.

Somethin' ain't right. It's a good tank. Don't give up.

The optimism in this post just woke me up greatly from an almost slumber! XD. Headed over to where I'm storing it now to try everything you just said.

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I noticed this easily came off. Not sure if it's supposed to at all, but I took it off easily just now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 27

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have one but I'm sure no SuperTank expert.

@Rhyno636 has a pretty good feel for these from what I remember.
Mebbe he'll chime in here for you.

Luck

Alright. Coil is screwed on right. Got some 70/30 juice ready. Gonna try it now.

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It should not be too easy. It certainly shouldn't 'fall' out. That could be the issue.
That firing pin should fit in the insulator well enough to seal out leaks. And yes it's okay to R&R it.

Alright it didn't fall out. I pulled it out. So that's a somewhat good sign then.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I noticed this easily came off. Not sure if it's supposed to at all, but I took it off easily just now.
That's not the issue, if that were an issue you'd be having issues firing the coil. That just connects the power to your coil. You shouldn't have much juice even near that thing as it should be staying up in the wick and only a minuscule amount dripping down (we're talking a drop a day).

Might not be the best option (might be better to just try to exchange the tank as you shouldn't be having these issues) but I know I've seen some people mentioning that they like the Aspire Atlantis coil in there, apparently it works. Just another idea tossed into the hat.

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It should not be too easy. It certainly shouldn't 'fall' out. That could be the issue.
That firing pin should fit in the insulator well enough to seal out leaks. And yes it's okay to R&R it.

And it's still happening. :(

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's not the issue, if that were an issue you'd be having issues firing the coil. That just connects the power to your coil. You shouldn't have much juice even near that thing as it should be staying up in the wick and only a minuscule amount dripping down (we're talking a drop a day).

Might not be the best option (might be better to just try to exchange the tank as you shouldn't be having these issues) but I know I've seen some people mentioning that they like the Aspire Atlantis coil in there, apparently it works. Just another idea tossed into the hat.

Yeah, I'm going to try exchanging the tank. Though I'm not sure if I should just swap out for the same tank or move on to something different. I have a friend who is trying to convince me to drip though I'm not sure if I'm really looking to go that route.

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to hi-jack Your thread,but has anyone found a use for the allen key that comes with this tank?

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not to hi-jack Your thread,but has anyone found a use for the allen key that comes with this tank?

Not hi-jacking. I'm actually curious of the same thing now that you bring it up. XD

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's 30%PG and 70%VG. (PG is usually given first in percentages) You want a "30/70" blend. Maybe I misunderstood.

It is 30% PG and 70%. It must be written weird on the bottle. Haha. VG is listed first. It's CaliFormula Strawberry

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I'm giving up for now. Just had a whole bunch of juice leak onto the mod. Don't think any juice got in but I'm really nervous some might have and it's too expensive to let that happen.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is the oring in place at the very top of the mini that the top cap / drip tip scrwws down on to seal it up?

Are both top & bottom orings in place to seal up the glass?

Hope you get it sorted out, it's a fantastic tank and the aspire triton (stainless) or atlantis (nickel) coils are superior to the tobeco coils for flavor & vapor production... once you figure out what's causing your leak.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have a tobeco, but I've had other tanks. Maybe the coils are lacking consistency. Maybe some flow a bit more. Its always a careful balance of flow, vacuum, juice thickness, gasket effectiveness, etc.

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is the oring in place at the very top of the mini that the top cap / drip tip scrwws down on to seal it up?

Hope you get it sorted out, it's a fantastic tank and the aspire triton (stainless) or atlantis (nickel) coils are superior to the tobeco coils for flavor & vapor production... once you figure out what's causing your leak.

Yup, aside from that one o-ring, everything else was set up fine. All o-rings are now in place. I left the coil out over night and noticed juice puddle underneath where I left it. So I know where the leak is coming from. The question is how to get to it stop or how to remove all the juice stuck in there.

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

If I do figure it out though -- should have it fixed tomorrow if I can't today, going to a shop to take a look at it -- I'll definitely grab some of those coils. Thanks for the recommendation!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Somethings not right because mine hasn't lost a drop of juice tobeco or aspire coils, I hope you find the issue because it's (IMO) the best looking, shortest tank and can use the aspire coils. Without the aspire coils I wouldn't be a fan. I tried the .2, .5 and a pack of .1 coils and none of them impressed me flavor or vape wise.

It must be an issue with one of the orings, if all are in place and not torn it will not leak. Just for giggles, take the tank apart and make sure the glass orings are right side up or even there at all.

There are no hex screws to use the wrench on, but... there is not much base to hold onto when trying to take the tank apart so... put the hex wrench through the air holes and you can now get leverage to unscrew it :D
@z man

Last edited:

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Somethings not right because mine hasn't lost a drop of juice tobeco or aspire coils, I hope you find the issue because it's (IMO) the best looking, shortest tank and can use the aspire coils. Without the aspire coils I wouldn't be a fan. I tried the .2, .5 and a pack of .1 coils and none of them impressed me flavor or vape wise.

It must be an issue with one of the orings, if all are in place and not torn it will not leak. Just for giggles, take the tank apart and make sure the glass orings are right side up or even there at all.

There are no hex screws to use the wrench on, but... there is not much base to hold onto when trying to take the tank apart so... put the hex wrench through the air holes and you can now get leverage to unscrew it :D

I have the tank taken apart now. Gonna send you some pictures, maybe you can see something that I don't.

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No oring on the very top of the tank that the drip tip seals up on?
downloadfile.jpeg

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, I know its clear but I can't see it in place in that pic but I guess it is.
Here's mine
20151115_070451-1.jpg

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bottom glass oring in the base looks right, how about the top cap? Glass was still installed in your pic.

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Bottom glass oring in the base looks right, how about the top cap? Glass was still installed in your pic.

Yeah it's there

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, well damn...

Are you screwing the coil in real tight? That's about the only thing I can think of if all orings are in place to create a vacuum... maybe the coil is not sitting all the way in?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, you can test it with water and an old coil so you're not wasting juice.

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep, well damn...

Are you screwing the coil in real tight? That's about the only thing I can think of if all orings are in place to create a vacuum... maybe the coil is not sitting all the way in?

Yeah I have. As tight as it can possibly go.

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also, you can test it with water and an old coil so you're not wasting juice.

I did not know that. Thought water would mess it up for some reason. On that note, I did try using the .2 coil again and it gave me the same issue, despite that being the first coil I used without a single problem.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, aside from that one o-ring, everything else was set up fine. All o-rings are now in place. I left the coil out over night and noticed juice puddle underneath where I left it. So I know where the leak is coming from. The question is how to get to it stop or how to remove all the juice stuck in there.

If you pulled the coil from the tank, it will be wet and leave a puddle even if there's nothing wrong with the coil.

To get juice out of the base just put it under the faucet and wash it out. Blow all the water out of the base and it's ready to go.

You have tried it with the oring correctly in place on the coil?

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you pulled the coil from the tank, it will be wet and leave a puddle even if there's nothing wrong with the coil.

To get juice out of the base just put it under the faucet and wash it out. Blow all the water out of the base and it's ready to go.

You have tried it with the oring correctly in place on the coil?

Yes I have. For a second I thought it was working, but was still getting the spit back and a leak into the base.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Yeah I have. As tight as it can possibly go.
I have to wonder if over-tightening just may have introduced your problem, in the first place? I don't suppose that tank came with spare O-rings, did it? If it did, and you haven't tried them, yet, I would suggest you do.

Properly-designed and well-machined fittings should not require excessive tightening force to get them to seal--particularly in a near-0-pressure fitting. And, in fact, employing excessive force may permanently distort the O-rings, ensuring they never seal properly again.

I was originally going to buy a Kanger Sub Tank Mini. But then I heard of numerous people having trouble with them leaking. Mentioned it at a LVS. Guys just shook their heads. "Most of that is users over-tightening things, which distorts everything and wrecks the O-rings. If they're handled properly: They don't leak."

It's like the rubber or vinyl O-ring that's in the female end of a garden hose: If the coupling isn't distorted and the O-ring is in good condition: It takes no more than firm hand-tightening to get a leak-proof connection. But if either condition does not obtain: No amount of tightening will get 'er done--not even with wrenches.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
/... Hopefully I figure something out. If not, gonna just to have until I get back from vacation and hope the store I bought it from swaps them out, provided it's a tank issue and not the coil.

At this point, take it back. It has to be a faulty tank. Good thing you bought it from a local vape shop.

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have to wonder if over-tightening just may have introduced your problem, in the first place? I don't suppose that tank came with spare O-rings, did it? If it did, and you haven't tried them, yet, I would suggest you do.

Properly-designed and well-machined fittings should not require excessive tightening force to get them to seal--particularly in a near-0-pressure fitting. And, in fact, employing excessive force may permanently distort the O-rings, ensuring they never seal properly again.

I was originally going to buy a Kanger Sub Tank Mini. But then I heard of numerous people having trouble with them leaking. Mentioned it at a LVS. Guys just shook their heads. "Most of that is users over-tightening things, which distorts everything and wrecks the O-rings. If they're handled properly: They don't leak."

It's like the rubber or vinyl O-ring that's in the female end of a garden hose: If the coupling isn't distorted and the O-ring is in good condition: It takes no more than firm hand-tightening to get a leak-proof connection. But if either condition does not obtain: No amount of tightening will get 'er done--not even with wrenches.

Well, I don't mean I screwed it on ridiculously tight. Just enough so that it's not loose, I guess. I mean, it may be the case though.

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
At this point, take it back. It has to be a faulty tank. Good thing you bought it from a local vape shop.

So is there any other tank you'd recommend or should I just go about getting an even swap for the same tank?

VU Sponsors