Become a Patron!

Tobeco* Goon Style RDA

ThatFrigginBlondeGirl

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Let me start by saying please don't hate on me for buying a clone. I had already purchased the authentic Goon for my hubby in black, and I could not spend that same amount on myself without feeling awful (I have 2 kids). One of whom has this spending frenzy issue on Counter Strike weapon packages on Steam, so I have been holding back on buying stuff I want for myself. I got my Tobeco Goon today, and right off the bat we compared differences. Logo looks pretty darn identical, not that it matters for me. The most discernable differences would be the Tobeco has slightly smaller air flow holes (slight smaller diameter of each hole). The next difference being his deck is black (black authentic) except for the clamps and screws. Tobeco deck is a silver color, and the plating on the clamps seems a duller tone. I stripped a screw upon opening the clamps up (my fault entirely) and had to replace it with one of the extras. It has single coil option, and even the drip tips for the authentic will fit on the Tobeco version. I was quite hesitant to buy a FT clone as I did not want a 510 drip tip, and am very happy with the Tobeco version. I mainly wanted it for the thick cap that comes with the black authentic Goon, although the Tobeco version only offers the 1/2 in. drip tip, I will be ordering the thicker tip from 528. I ordered this from Kanvape, whom I had never ordered from before, but they were offering a sale over July 4th weekend. I am really happy with it, and it is quite the performer. Of course I wanted the authentic, but for now the Tobeco version hits the spot. If you have any questions about it, let me know. Since I have both the authentic and Tobeco, I am happy to answer any questions about the two. Thanks all : )

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Let me start by saying please don't hate on me for buying a clone. I had already purchased the authentic Goon for my hubby in black, and I could not spend that same amount on myself without feeling awful (I have 2 kids). One of whom has this spending frenzy issue on Counter Strike weapon packages on Steam, so I have been holding back on buying stuff I want for myself. I got my Tobeco Goon today, and right off the bat we compared differences. Logo looks pretty darn identical, not that it matters for me. The most discernable differences would be the Tobeco has slightly smaller air flow holes (slight smaller diameter of each hole). The next difference being his deck is black (black authentic) except for the clamps and screws. Tobeco deck is a silver color, and the plating on the clamps seems a duller tone. I stripped a screw upon opening the clamps up (my fault entirely) and had to replace it with one of the extras. It has single coil option, and even the drip tips for the authentic will fit on the Tobeco version. I was quite hesitant to buy a FT clone as I did not want a 510 drip tip, and am very happy with the Tobeco version. I mainly wanted it for the thick cap that comes with the black authentic Goon, although the Tobeco version only offers the 1/2 in. drip tip, I will be ordering the thicker tip from 528. I ordered this from Kanvape, whom I had never ordered from before, but they were offering a sale over July 4th weekend. I am really happy with it, and it is quite the performer. Of course I wanted the authentic, but for now the Tobeco version hits the spot. If you have any questions about it, let me know. Since I have both the authentic and Tobeco, I am happy to answer any questions about the two. Thanks all : )
Did it come with a BF pin?

VU Sponsors