Become a Patron!

Tobeco Notch Coils: Am I Missing Something?

BrigSnip

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I recently got a few of the Tobeco .3 notch coils for my SuperTank Mini. The first tank(4mL) or so was great. Excellent flavor. Then, it went to almost no flavor at all. I didn't mess with anything: the wattage was the same, the juice was the same, full battery, ect.
I tried another notch coil. Same thing. I even washed out the older notch coil and dried it. Again, it was great at first, then barely any flavor. I know it's not vaper's tongue because a simple coil change fixes it.

I'm using it in a SuperTank Mini, airflow almost all the way open. The mod is an eLeaf iPower 80w. My wattage is 28 watts. If I go past 34 watts, the coil tastes burnt. Not a warmer vapor, burnt. Any ideas?

BrigSnip

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just to add:
I'm priming the coils. Three drops in the inside(not down the center) and two drops on each outside juice hole.
I check the coil and tank for tightness, leaking, and cracks.

NHXJer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have much to add except to say that I wasn't too impressed by the Notch Coils either.
They seemed to gunk up fairly quickly for me as well.

I'm much happier with the 0.5 coils.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Likewise, I bought a few, but ended up unimpressed. I had a similar experience with poor flavor results, but it was much faster than a tankful (I tried them in an RDA).

VU Sponsors