Become a Patron!

Tobeco Super Tank mini

vwfan79

Member For 4 Years
I'm looking at the Super tank mini and would like some input from some users who have this tank. Pros cons and a good source for purchasing, my current main source doesn't carry it. I've done some research and watched some video reviews but not as much out there as on others I've looked at.

I'm looking at tanks that use the Atlantis coils to replace my Atlantis v1 or just accompany it in the line up.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I found two-or-three good YouTube reviews. All very positive. So I bought one, a black one, from an LVS early this evening. Right now vaping a 15/85 juice, using the .5 ohm coil, 30W, air about 1/3 open. Very nice vapes. Also bought a 1 ohm Atlantis coil to try, and the Triton RBA. I like this little tank, so far.

Tried some 70/30 in it. That did not go well. Flooded instantly :confused:

vwfan79

Member For 4 Years
On your ratio is it vg/pg? I use max vg juices and currently on my Atlantis v1 and v2 with ss .3 coils it works good.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
On your ratio is it vg/pg? I use max vg juices and currently on my Atlantis v1 and v2 with ss .3 coils it works good.
It is my understanding ratios are always expressed PG/VG, so, no: It was 70/30 PG/VG that resulted in flooding.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It is my understanding ratios are always expressed PG/VG, so, no: It was 70/30 PG/VG that resulted in flooding.
I never saw an official document, that does describe this normalization of indicating, which value stands for PG/VG, or in what order they should be (unless, I missed some FDA document, in their proposed regulations). Therefore, I always indicate, which value is PG/VG, in order to avoid any confusion. I personally tend to use VG first, due to preferring high VG juice.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I never saw an official document, that does describe this normalization of indicating, ...
Never said there was an "official document." Said "It [was] my understanding..." That means I'd seen it written, somewhere. Maybe more than one somewhere.

I'll say no more on the subject, here, because I don't want to haul the OP's thread OT.

Hazzmattman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The ST Mini is a good tank low profile and good price point, if you like the Atlantis style coils, which are widely accessable I recommend it. I own several varients of the Supertank stuff and on most I have no complaints. Looks like the average price of the new Mini I see online is 20-25, it's worth it.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Looks like the average price of the new Mini I see online is 20-25, it's worth it.
Heck, the LVS where I bought mine sells the stainless for $22 and the others for $25. On Wednesdays they knock 25% off everything, so I paid $18.75 for my black TSTM :) With the Atlantis coil and Triton RBA I was out the door, taxes and all, for $33.

vwfan79

Member For 4 Years
Tank came quick and been using it for a day now and I love this little tank. Air flow is ridiculous and flavor is great with good vapor production. The clouds aren't as thick as my Atlantis v2 but close. I really like the top fill feature and the drip tip is perfect. I like how short it is but still holds a decent amount of juice, looks great on my istick 60w too.

ae11c33ee9d0fb095553d7a824ce307b.jpg

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I put a 1Ω Atlantis coil in mine, last night. I'd been using the .5Ω coil. The juice I'm currently using really came alive at 45W with the latter coil. At 30W it's "pretty good" with the 1Ω, tho not as good as the .5Ω at 45W.

Of the four tanks I've tried, so, far: Protank 3 Mini, GS-Tank, Crius and this one: So far I think this tank is my favourite.

vwfan79

Member For 4 Years
I'm using a .3 ss Atlantis coil in mine and works great, I'm currently running it at 45w, these are rated for 35-55w. I have some other Atlantis coils, .5, .3 and 1.0 that I'm gonna try too but so far I like the ss coils best.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hmmm... SS coils... could run those in TC, no?

vwfan79

Member For 4 Years
Yes haven't tried this tank in tc mode on my vtc mini yet but my Atlantis v2 with ss coil works great in tc mode.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's the triton coil, 0.3 and 0.4 ss.
Been using both the .3 & .4 in the stm for the past month or two with my sx mini M and now the reuleaux RX200 and both control the ss coil beautifully.

vwfan79

Member For 4 Years
Triton Atlantis both use same Aspire coil. My evic vtc mini does a great job with the ss tc as well, will throw my st mini on there today and see how she is with the tc.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are the same but if someone sees this thread and goes searching for a ss atlantis coil, they will be looking for a long long time because they don't exist ;)

My wife uses the stm with triton ss on her vtc mini and I have been using it on my sx mini since they updated it and now on a RX200 that I picked up yesterday.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
That's the triton coil, 0.3 and 0.4 ss.
Ah!

Triton Atlantis both use same Aspire coil.
Found out, the hard way, that you have to be careful with that one. I bought a Triton RBA, because I'd read that, and, lo and behold: Couldn't be used because the top of the RBA is not threaded.

My evic vtc mini does a great job with the ss tc as well, will throw my st mini on there today and see how she is with the tc.
That's what I'd be using: An eVic-VTC Mini. Looking forward to your feedback.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife changed from a provari 2.5 and kayfun lite for years and wouldn't vape anything else.
Got the vtc mini, stm with triton 0.4 coils for her and she is in love. Her provari is now on the shelf next to my provary v1 collecting dust lol.

vwfan79

Member For 4 Years
Ah!

Found out, the hard way, that you have to be careful with that one. I bought a Triton RBA, because I'd read that, and, lo and behold: Couldn't be used because the top of the RBA is not threaded.

That's what I'd be using: An eVic-VTC Mini. Looking forward to your feedback.
There is an RBA that works and has the top threads just don't know what tank it's for, I got it in a package deal from another member. I'll try to find out what it is from and post it.

vwfan79

Member For 4 Years
Amazing....this is the setup! Great flavor and the tank has never once given me any spit back. Clouds are awesome and more then I need to be making. The air flow goes on for days, I'm only 3 clicks open, which isn't much but is plenty. This little guy is quickly becoming my favorite tank.

2cf55d5c6cdbeaadb16069b6f41083b2.jpg

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh... you REALLY need a matte white stm with a smoke tube for that mod :D

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How's the V3 juice? Damn close to diy prices so I was thinking of throwing a sample order in.

Only hesitation is a review on 1 of their juices that said it had a peppery taste. I hate cheap nic taste so I hope that was just a one off.

vwfan79

Member For 4 Years
How's the V3 juice? Damn close to diy prices so I was thinking of throwing a sample order in.

Only hesitation is a review on 1 of their juices that said it had a peppery taste. I hate cheap nic taste so I hope that was just a one off.
I ordered the 12 30 60 and got 2 30s and a 15 for free as that days deal and have been happy with all of them. Some of them just aren't my thing but still have good flavor just not an adv for me. I love there custards and the strawberry lemonade is good too. Their cereal flavors are good too, I really like the fruity krispies. Well worth a try, I'll order from them again.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smoked tube showed up. I've always liked colored tubes, glad they are available now.

Vader mod :cool:

20151219_142228-1.jpg

Last edited:

Stringplucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I picked up an STM about a month ago, in white. I love the tank...airy, decent enough flavor, and good coils. However, after 2 weeks, I was carrying the mod into another room and bareley tipped the tip on the door jam, and broke it. Being without proper balance, I tend to break things often by falling into walls, doors, floors, etc. It's like being drunk, without the enjoyment of the alcohol. Anyways...Upon closer inspection, I saw just how thin the tip is at the grooves. Luckily, someone on FB, a store employee, was kind enough to send me a new tip. It looks like they released stainless steel tips, but I can only imagine how hot they could get on low ohm/high wattage coils. I've since ordered two more tips, just in case.

Chongo666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ben loving mine . Got th white with blood splatter and the matte black . It's actually became my favorite tank to use over my crown. Where u get the different color glass ?

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ben loving mine . Got th white with blood splatter and the matte black . It's actually became my favorite tank to use over my crown. Where u get the different color glass ?
There's a bunch of replacement colored glass on the bay or at Fasttech. I picked a couple red and green glass for the wife and I.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I have several Tobeco Mini Supers. It was the first tank I stepped up to on my vaping journey.
I'm now feeling as though I'm getting dry hits from them though. I prime them as I always have. I have 2 in rotation. One is max VG and the other I noticed is 80PG, which I normally don't do but it was a sample of RY4 that I've never tried.

Has anyone experienced a 'dry' vape from them. Or, am I spoiled by newer tanks - particularly the Cleito. I still love my TMSs but something just isn't right with them. I'm using the same sub coils I've always used.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
b2701d29f0b17a1a0311218cdcff3c2f.jpg

In rotation love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it's been a while, but what mod is that? I have a white tank waiting for a match and I like that one. There aren't many pure white ones out there these days. Nice match.

NHXJer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like a white Pico with a white sleeve.

I have four STM's in rotation - they've been my go-to non-rebuildables for a good year now.
Tried many different coils including a bunch of cheapy FT clones and still go back to the original 0.5 ohm coils.

In all that time I don't think I've ever got a dry hit from these tanks - and I run 80/20 VG/PG juice.

https://kanvape.com/ (US Kansas based) has great prices on the STM in many finishes, multiple drip tip options, and replacement glass and o-rings.

Of course, Fasttech has a lot too - I purchased these drip tips from there - I love them.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine out in CA at a vapeshop a few weeks ago, it's one of my main tanks to date, 70/30 mix
12444016-9868-49a9-be0c-fb6eee94e451_zpsou7i2sps.jpg

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

I have four STM's in rotation - they've been my go-to non-rebuildables for a good year now.
Tried many different coils including a bunch of cheapy FT clones and still go back to the original 0.5 ohm coils.

In all that time I don't think I've ever got a dry hit from these tanks - and I run 80/20 VG/PG juice.

https://kanvape.com/ (US Kansas based) has great prices on the STM in many finishes, multiple drip tip options, and replacement glass and o-rings.

Of course, Fasttech has a lot too - I purchased these drip tips from there - I love them.

I have 5 of them in various colors. My first step up tank was the STM. Adore it! And like you, I stick with the original .50 coils. 30/70vg is perfect.
It's just lately, I'm not getting the full bodied flavor I've always enjoyed from this tank. Vapor production is on par though.
I had Vaper's Tongue 2 weeks ago. Maybe it isn't all the way gone yet? Plus, I think I'll stop using the Clieto for a while. What a tank.
I have 2 STM's on my Picos in rotation right now, a Herakles and the Cleito will go back on the shelf. Think I'll build on my Serpent RTA for a switch.

I have several drip tips but purchased them long ago. They're too restrictive for me now. I did buy the cheap, colorful ones for my Clieto that fit and look quite good on them. I'll check out FT again to see what they have.

Thanks for your input!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thanks for the link, going to pick up a few DT's, maybe another tank too:wave:

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know it's been a while, but what mod is that? I have a white tank waiting for a match and I like that one. There aren't many pure white ones out there these days. Nice match.

LoL o just paid for VIP. Now I'm getting all my quotes
Anyways that's the PICO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
LMAO. No clue why I didn't see that. I have the white one also. :teehee:

I have the same setup as Whiskey above. Pico and Tobeco Super Mini. Works great!

BrigSnip

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I absolutely love the SuperTank Mini. I have three. The paint comes off the colored ones and the metal mouthpiece is vital, but other than that they're great. I haven't found a better tank for the price.

VU Sponsors