Tobeco Super Tank mini

Discussion in 'All Tanks / Factory Coils' started by vwfan79, Dec 9, 2015.

1. vwfan79

vwfan79 Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I'm looking at the Super tank mini and would like some input from some users who have this tank. Pros cons and a good source for purchasing, my current main source doesn't carry it. I've done some research and watched some video reviews but not as much out there as on others I've looked at.

I'm looking at tanks that use the Atlantis coils to replace my Atlantis v1 or just accompany it in the line up.

2. vuJim

vuJim Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I found two-or-three good YouTube reviews. All very positive. So I bought one, a black one, from an LVS early this evening. Right now vaping a 15/85 juice, using the .5 ohm coil, 30W, air about 1/3 open. Very nice vapes. Also bought a 1 ohm Atlantis coil to try, and the Triton RBA. I like this little tank, so far.

Tried some 70/30 in it. That did not go well. Flooded instantly :confused:

vwfan79 likes this.
  3. vwfan79

Blog Posts:
    On your ratio is it vg/pg? I use max vg juices and currently on my Atlantis v1 and v2 with ss .3 coils it works good.

4. vuJim

vuJim Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    It is my understanding ratios are always expressed PG/VG, so, no: It was 70/30 PG/VG that resulted in flooding.

5. Neunerball

Neunerball Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I never saw an official document, that does describe this normalization of indicating, which value stands for PG/VG, or in what order they should be (unless, I missed some FDA document, in their proposed regulations). Therefore, I always indicate, which value is PG/VG, in order to avoid any confusion. I personally tend to use VG first, due to preferring high VG juice.

6. vuJim

vuJim Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Never said there was an "official document." Said "It [was] my understanding..." That means I'd seen it written, somewhere. Maybe more than one somewhere.

I'll say no more on the subject, here, because I don't want to haul the OP's thread OT.

7. Hazzmattman

Hazzmattman New Member

Blog Posts:
    The ST Mini is a good tank low profile and good price point, if you like the Atlantis style coils, which are widely accessable I recommend it. I own several varients of the Supertank stuff and on most I have no complaints. Looks like the average price of the new Mini I see online is 20-25, it's worth it.

Nancy_Bout and vwfan79 like this.
  8. vuJim

vuJim Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Heck, the LVS where I bought mine sells the stainless for $22 and the others for $25. On Wednesdays they knock 25% off everything, so I paid $18.75 for my black TSTM :) With the Atlantis coil and Triton RBA I was out the door, taxes and all, for $33.

Nancy_Bout likes this.
  9. vwfan79

Blog Posts:
    Just ordered a black one, can't wait I'm excited about this little tank.

vuJim likes this.
  10. vwfan79

Blog Posts:
    Tank came quick and been using it for a day now and I love this little tank. Air flow is ridiculous and flavor is great with good vapor production. The clouds aren't as thick as my Atlantis v2 but close. I really like the top fill feature and the drip tip is perfect. I like how short it is but still holds a decent amount of juice, looks great on my istick 60w too.

[​IMG]

Nancy_Bout and vuJim like this.
  11. vuJim

vuJim Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I put a 1Ω Atlantis coil in mine, last night. I'd been using the .5Ω coil. The juice I'm currently using really came alive at 45W with the latter coil. At 30W it's "pretty good" with the 1Ω, tho not as good as the .5Ω at 45W.

Of the four tanks I've tried, so, far: Protank 3 Mini, GS-Tank, Crius and this one: So far I think this tank is my favourite.

Nancy_Bout likes this.
  12. vwfan79

Blog Posts:
    I'm using a .3 ss Atlantis coil in mine and works great, I'm currently running it at 45w, these are rated for 35-55w. I have some other Atlantis coils, .5, .3 and 1.0 that I'm gonna try too but so far I like the ss coils best.

13. vuJim

vuJim Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Hmmm... SS coils... could run those in TC, no?

14. vwfan79

Blog Posts:
    Yes haven't tried this tank in tc mode on my vtc mini yet but my Atlantis v2 with ss coil works great in tc mode.

15. fq06

fq06 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    That's the triton coil, 0.3 and 0.4 ss.
    Been using both the .3 & .4 in the stm for the past month or two with my sx mini M and now the reuleaux RX200 and both control the ss coil beautifully.

Nancy_Bout likes this.
  16. vwfan79

Blog Posts:
    Triton Atlantis both use same Aspire coil. My evic vtc mini does a great job with the ss tc as well, will throw my st mini on there today and see how she is with the tc.

17. fq06

Blog Posts:
    They are the same but if someone sees this thread and goes searching for a ss atlantis coil, they will be looking for a long long time because they don't exist ;)

My wife uses the stm with triton ss on her vtc mini and I have been using it on my sx mini since they updated it and now on a RX200 that I picked up yesterday.

vwfan79 likes this.
  18. vuJim

vuJim Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Ah!

Found out, the hard way, that you have to be careful with that one. I bought a Triton RBA, because I'd read that, and, lo and behold: Couldn't be used because the top of the RBA is not threaded.

That's what I'd be using: An eVic-VTC Mini. Looking forward to your feedback.

19. fq06

Blog Posts:
    My wife changed from a provari 2.5 and kayfun lite for years and wouldn't vape anything else.
    Got the vtc mini, stm with triton 0.4 coils for her and she is in love. Her provari is now on the shelf next to my provary v1 collecting dust lol.

Nancy_Bout likes this.
  20. vwfan79

Blog Posts:
    There is an RBA that works and has the top threads just don't know what tank it's for, I got it in a package deal from another member. I'll try to find out what it is from and post it.

vuJim likes this.
  21. vwfan79

Blog Posts:
    Amazing....this is the setup! Great flavor and the tank has never once given me any spit back. Clouds are awesome and more then I need to be making. The air flow goes on for days, I'm only 3 clicks open, which isn't much but is plenty. This little guy is quickly becoming my favorite tank.

[​IMG]

EMusic and fq06 like this.
  22. fq06

Blog Posts:
    Oh... you REALLY need a matte white stm with a smoke tube for that mod :D

23. fq06

Blog Posts:
    How's the V3 juice? Damn close to diy prices so I was thinking of throwing a sample order in.

Only hesitation is a review on 1 of their juices that said it had a peppery taste. I hate cheap nic taste so I hope that was just a one off.

24. vwfan79

Blog Posts:
    I ordered the 12 30 60 and got 2 30s and a 15 for free as that days deal and have been happy with all of them. Some of them just aren't my thing but still have good flavor just not an adv for me. I love there custards and the strawberry lemonade is good too. Their cereal flavors are good too, I really like the fruity krispies. Well worth a try, I'll order from them again.

25. fq06

Blog Posts:
    Cool, thanx. I'll give them a go :)

26. fq06

Blog Posts:
    Smoked tube showed up. I've always liked colored tubes, glad they are available now.

Vader mod :cool:

20151219_142228-1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    vwfan79 likes this.
  27. Stringplucker

Stringplucker New Member

Blog Posts:
    I picked up an STM about a month ago, in white. I love the tank...airy, decent enough flavor, and good coils. However, after 2 weeks, I was carrying the mod into another room and bareley tipped the tip on the door jam, and broke it. Being without proper balance, I tend to break things often by falling into walls, doors, floors, etc. It's like being drunk, without the enjoyment of the alcohol. Anyways...Upon closer inspection, I saw just how thin the tip is at the grooves. Luckily, someone on FB, a store employee, was kind enough to send me a new tip. It looks like they released stainless steel tips, but I can only imagine how hot they could get on low ohm/high wattage coils. I've since ordered two more tips, just in case.

28. Nancy_Bout

Nancy_Bout Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]
    In rotation love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RatRacer and fq06 like this.
  29. Chongo666

Chongo666 Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Ben loving mine . Got th white with blood splatter and the matte black . It's actually became my favorite tank to use over my crown. Where u get the different color glass ?

RatRacer and Nancy_Bout like this.
  30. Nancy_Bout

Blog Posts:
    The glass is clear

31. RatRacer

RatRacer a touch oɟɟ VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    There's a bunch of replacement colored glass on the bay or at Fasttech. I picked a couple red and green glass for the wife and I.

Chongo666 and Nancy_Bout like this.
  32. Ms. Trixy

Ms. Trixy Explain to me again why I need a Man. VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I have several Tobeco Mini Supers. It was the first tank I stepped up to on my vaping journey.
    I'm now feeling as though I'm getting dry hits from them though. I prime them as I always have. I have 2 in rotation. One is max VG and the other I noticed is 80PG, which I normally don't do but it was a sample of RY4 that I've never tried.

Has anyone experienced a 'dry' vape from them. Or, am I spoiled by newer tanks - particularly the Cleito. I still love my TMSs but something just isn't right with them. I'm using the same sub coils I've always used.

33. Ms. Trixy

Ms. Trixy Explain to me again why I need a Man. VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I know it's been a while, but what mod is that? I have a white tank waiting for a match and I like that one. There aren't many pure white ones out there these days. Nice match.

Nancy_Bout likes this.
  34. NHXJer

NHXJer Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Looks like a white Pico with a white sleeve.

I have four STM's in rotation - they've been my go-to non-rebuildables for a good year now.
    Tried many different coils including a bunch of cheapy FT clones and still go back to the original 0.5 ohm coils.

In all that time I don't think I've ever got a dry hit from these tanks - and I run 80/20 VG/PG juice.

https://kanvape.com/ (US Kansas based) has great prices on the STM in many finishes, multiple drip tip options, and replacement glass and o-rings.

Of course, Fasttech has a lot too - I purchased these drip tips from there - I love them.

35. Whiskey

Whiskey Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Got mine out in CA at a vapeshop a few weeks ago, it's one of my main tanks to date, 70/30 mix
    [​IMG]

36. Ms. Trixy

Blog Posts:
    I have 5 of them in various colors. My first step up tank was the STM. Adore it! And like you, I stick with the original .50 coils. 30/70vg is perfect.
    It's just lately, I'm not getting the full bodied flavor I've always enjoyed from this tank. Vapor production is on par though.
    I had Vaper's Tongue 2 weeks ago. Maybe it isn't all the way gone yet? Plus, I think I'll stop using the Clieto for a while. What a tank.
    I have 2 STM's on my Picos in rotation right now, a Herakles and the Cleito will go back on the shelf. Think I'll build on my Serpent RTA for a switch.

I have several drip tips but purchased them long ago. They're too restrictive for me now. I did buy the cheap, colorful ones for my Clieto that fit and look quite good on them. I'll check out FT again to see what they have.

Thanks for your input!

37. Whiskey

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the link, going to pick up a few DT's, maybe another tank too:wave:

38. Nancy_Bout

Blog Posts:
    LoL o just paid for VIP. Now I'm getting all my quotes
    Anyways that's the PICO

39. Ms. Trixy

Blog Posts:
    LMAO. No clue why I didn't see that. I have the white one also. :teehee:

I have the same setup as Whiskey above. Pico and Tobeco Super Mini. Works great!

Whiskey likes this.
  40. Whiskey

Blog Posts:
    Check your pm's

41. Kaervek

Kaervek New Member

Blog Posts:
    Ditto. love the compact size.

DSC_0006.JPG

Whiskey likes this.
  42. Whiskey

Blog Posts:
    That color is freakin crazy cool!!!!!!!! Is that tip metal?

43. Kaervek

Kaervek New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yeh the royal gold STM comes with metal tip a wider plastic tip and a 510 adapter.

Whiskey likes this.
  44. BrigSnip

BrigSnip New Member

Blog Posts:
    I absolutely love the SuperTank Mini. I have three. The paint comes off the colored ones and the metal mouthpiece is vital, but other than that they're great. I haven't found a better tank for the price.

Whiskey likes this.