Become a Patron!

Tobeco Super Tank

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This tank is the ishhh. A review is not necessary as you just simply have to buy one and come up with the same conclusion I have after 3 days straight with it. It's a 9+ at least on a scale from 1 - 10. I've used nothing but the Starre for the past 2 months and have gone through maybe 10 various coils. The Supertank is better than that already. I've only used the .2 with this tank on my sigelei 150 and on my Smok M80 at 60 watts each.

(edit: after further use I have learned the .5 coils are superior and I run them 40 - 50 watts)

Last edited:

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
b5r60g.jpg

r20nc1.jpg

Ewing

Member For 4 Years
I've had this tank for a week... [Starre for a month]... and I agree, this is a great tank. So easy to refill and the clouds just keep on rolling. I replaced the original coil with an Atlantis V2 .5 coil...nice! Been using it on the Joyetech evic VT...solid!

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What about it is better than the Starre?

Is the flavor better?
in my opinion, the flavor is better. There is far less break in time until the coil actually starts to taste good. it feels as if the tank itself is lighter as it doesn't feel so heavy on my small Smok M80. and it looks fantastic on my Sigelei 150. The top fill is awesome, and so far this .2 coil exceeds my expectations at 60 watts. I am very satisfied with this tank in every way, and I'm critical.

Ewing

Member For 4 Years
Let me also say there has been no leaking...not a drop. I bought this tank on ebay for $22 including shipping.

TheCloud

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The super tank is a bust for me. The concept is there but the performance isn't. I got one in the mail about a week ago. My experience with it was not good.

First off, mine leaks. A lot. So much so that it's not even useable most of the time. I started with the .2 coil and it worked good for about 5 minutes. The draw was smooth, flavor was good, and decent vapor. The problems started when I put it down for a few minutes and came back to it, my half full tank had completely emptied all over my IPV4. I messed with it quite a bit trying to figure it out, tried the other coil and had the same thing happen, it worked ok at first, then as soon as I leave it alone for a few minutes it floods and leaks. I really wanted to like this tank. For the few times after I sort out a flood it's really not bad...but the flooding/leaking completely ruins it.

Oh well...on the the next.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The super tank is a bust for me. The concept is there but the performance isn't. I got one in the mail about a week ago. My experience with it was not good.

First off, mine leaks. A lot. So much so that it's not even useable most of the time. I started with the .2 coil and it worked good for about 5 minutes. The draw was smooth, flavor was good, and decent vapor. The problems started when I put it down for a few minutes and came back to it, my half full tank had completely emptied all over my IPV4. I messed with it quite a bit trying to figure it out, tried the other coil and had the same thing happen, it worked ok at first, then as soon as I leave it alone for a few minutes it floods and leaks. I really wanted to like this tank. For the few times after I sort out a flood it's really not bad...but the flooding/leaking completely ruins it.

Oh well...on the the next.
This happened to a friend of mine. The coils weren't screwed in tight. Otherwise, there is no way the tank can leak. Its simple mechanics.

TheCloud

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's one of the first things I checked. Coils screwed in tight and the o rings are in place, still the same result. What do you mean there is no way it can leak? Of course it can....

I think the problem is the top fill. There is no way to shut off the air while taking the top off and filling. You lose vacuum and it floods the coils and leaks out the base/airflow holes. Anyways...doesn't really matter anymore. For $20 I'm not gonna worry too much, it will go into the pile of never to be used again equipment and I will patiently wait for the Freemax Starre Pro.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's one of the first things I checked. Coils screwed in tight and the o rings are in place, still the same result. What do you mean there is no way it can leak? Of course it can....

I think the problem is the top fill. There is no way to shut off the air while taking the top off and filling. You lose vacuum and it floods the coils and leaks out the base/airflow holes. Anyways...doesn't really matter anymore. For $20 I'm not gonna worry too much, it will go into the pile of never to be used again equipment and I will patiently wait for the Freemax Starre Pro.
It has nothing to do with worrying about 20 bucks. I just really don't want you to miss out! I have 2 Super tanks, my buddy at work has 2, and my other buddy has 1. The 3 of us are very experienced vapers and we're absolutely impressed with the Super tank. My tanks are dryer than any other atomizer I've ever used. I lay it on its side most of the time too.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OMG dude, I know! The .5 coils are where it's at around 50 watts. This tank will get recognized soon, I promise. I have no idea why I haven't heard anything about it. I've been loving it and talking it up for weeks. I own 2.

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't tried the .5 coil yet I'm still on the first .2 coil but that's next.

I guess I should have bought the gold one as well, It's the only one I don't have... YET.
I had found them on the ecigitty site for $19.99 plus "10percentoff" and then started telling
everyone locally and online. Locally nobody has jumped. (their loss)

keithh1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 6 super tanks. 2 blue, 2 black and 2 silver. They all vape great with great flavor and vape production. Top fill is sweet and any tank that comes out that doesn't have top fill will lose money after people realize the time and effort saved by not having to unscrew your tank everytime when you can just unscrew the top and fill. The coils are amazing bigger holes for better wicking and coils can withstand any type of juice you throw at it and will last you at least 2 weeks.

I also bought 2 crown sub tanks by uwell that I will be hopefully receiving soon from the reviews I am watching the crown by uwell a company that makes 80% of the coils for vape manufacturers, beats out any tank and yes rba in flavor and vape production. I saw one reviewer vape it at 40W and witnessed rba like vape. Can't wait to see it on my Sig 150W at 60 plus watts. Also they use stainless steal coils for increased vape and flavor production which they claim allows the coils to last at least 3 weeks minimum. Crown sub tanks are also top filled, stainless steel vs aluminum of the super tank and sell at the same price I bought the super tank $35.00.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm glad I found this thread. I hadn't heard about this tank (imagine that with only 10 or 20 a week coming out).

I have an Atlantis, Arctic, Kayfun 3.1 and a drilled out Orchid v4. Have tried the Starre, High Voltage and Herakles at a B+M but they all had a Pinup juice in them that I was unfamiliar with and assume is overflavored compared to most of my DIY mixes.

What I'm looking for is something that has really good flavor and a little cloudage is always good. The Arctic chucks the clouds so I'm more concerned with good flavor, decently open draw and the ability to lay it on it's side (the only reason the Orchid isn't my daily driver).

Does anyone have experience with the Super Tank vs The Arctic? That would give me something to go off of. TIA!

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad I found this thread. I hadn't heard about this tank (imagine that with only 10 or 20 a week coming out).
:D:D:D I know how you feel.
What I'm looking for is something that has really good flavor and a little cloudage is always good. The Arctic chucks the clouds so I'm more concerned with good flavor, decently open draw and the ability to lay it on it's side (the only reason the Orchid isn't my daily driver).
This tank does it all !
Check out the review by Nitrobex (daily driver thread)
Does anyone have experience with the Super Tank vs The Arctic? That would give me something to go off of. TIA!
Sorry I don't have the Arctic, but it does beat out the half dozen tanks I have.
For $20.00 or less give it a try, It will be your cheapest tank.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
:D:D:D I know how you feel.

This tank does it all !
Check out the review by Nitrobex (daily driver thread)

Sorry I don't have the Arctic, but it does beat out the half dozen tanks I have.
For $20.00 or less give it a try, It will be your cheapest tank.
Thanks for the advice. I'll go check out that review now. Which other tanks do you have?

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Super Tank is much better than my Starre, Atlantis V2, and Subtank Plus.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Super Tank is much better than my Starre, Atlantis V2, and Subtank Plus.
Nice. I appreciate the comparisons. My super tank is on order. Hopefully will have it Thursday. :)

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just picked up my 4 boxes of Super Tank .15 ohm ni200 coils. (local shop ordered them for me)
I want to use these in Super Tank and Atlantis V1 & V2, I'll let you know how it goes.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What is the coil compatibility for the Super Tank? I see that it'll take Atlantis coils, does that mean it will also accept Melo coils? Any others?

Seems like the Herakles coil design would have allowed for more coil choices. If the Super Tank coils are as good as everyone is saying I won't have a need for any others, just wondering.

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is the coil compatibility for the Super Tank? I see that it'll take Atlantis coils, does that mean it will also accept Melo coils? Any others?

Seems like the Herakles coil design would have allowed for more coil choices. If the Super Tank coils are as good as everyone is saying I won't have a need for any others, just wondering.
Yes the Melo coils will fit, But the Super Tank coils are fantastic I'm using them in my Atlantis tanks as well.
So far I've used the .2 ohm coil and .15 ohm ni200 coil @ 500 F - 510 F, only test left is how long will they last.
I highly recommend these coils to anyone that can use an Atlantis coil.

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Super Tank coils are fantastic
The ni200 coils also? I have been waiting to here about the nickle coils and am curious which of the 3 resistances they offer them in has the largest coil diameter.
Agreed... Have you seen that they just came out with the super tank mini. 4ml capacity and looks pretty good. Still top fill and offered in stainless and black.

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ni200 coils also? I have been waiting to here about the nickle coils and am curious which of the 3 resistances they offer them in has the largest coil diameter.

Agreed... Have you seen that they just came out with the super tank mini. 4ml capacity and looks pretty good. Still top fill and offered in stainless and black.
I'm using the .15 ni200 coils and they are as airy as the .2 standard coil, I get a chance I'll try to measure their inside diameter.

A mini, damn I've got 3 full size now.
Well 2, the wife gave up her rda to steal one of these.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes the Melo coils will fit, But the Super Tank coils are fantastic I'm using them in my Atlantis tanks as well.
So far I've used the .2 ohm coil and .15 ohm ni200 coil @ 500 F - 510 F, only test left is how long will they last.
NICE! Maybe the Super tank coils will be my fix for the Atlantis' lack of flavor. I like the 0.5 ohm Arctic Coils over the 0.2 ohm but I'll try both in the Super Tank before ordering a pack. No TC mod for me until they release the IPV Mini 3!

Last edited:

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh c'mon! Just when I think I have all I need for vaping, they come out with the mini. Supposedly these coils work on the herakales as well.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh c'mon! Just when I think I have all I need for vaping, they come out with the mini. Supposedly these coils work on the herakales as well.
That would make sense since the Atlantis Coils work in a Herakles (but not vice versa).

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I gotta say. You guys are on point when it comes to the super tank. It rocks. Great flavor, stupid clouds, awesome drip tip and I'm digging the light weight too.

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I gotta say. You guys are on point when it comes to the super tank. It rocks. Great flavor, stupid clouds, awesome drip tip and I'm digging the light weight too.
Glad to see your tank came in !

Over the next couple of weeks you will find yourself starring at the tank and grinning amazed by its performance.
My wife still keeps commenting on how well this tank works. This is the first and only tank she has liked so far.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I'll take it off your hands maybe trade for a lemo drop.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Stepinrazor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn you all, you have got me interested in yet another tank...

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
damn it I wish I saw this thread before ordering my super tank yesterday I would have grabbed the .5 coils instead of .2. Oh well for $33 tank and pack of coils delivered I guess I cant complain.. Anyone looking to get 1 Eciggity still has them for 19.99 coils 12.99 and 10percentoff code still works

judgewiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
sounds like the coils will fit my Silo Beast then because I currently use Hercules coils

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Any one want to trade a velocity 1:1 for a super tank

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn you all, you have got me interested in yet another tank...
Come on it's only one more... :D

Start peer pressure...

...it taste great...
...it's cheap...
...all your friends are doing it...
...don't be chicken...
...:cool:...

Stop peer pressure...

OK, go ahead and get one now.

Stepinrazor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Come on it's only one more... :D

Start peer pressure...

...it taste great...
...it's cheap...
...all your friends are doing it...
...don't be chicken...
...:cool:...

Stop peer pressure...

OK, go ahead and get one now.

Lol, sold

You convinced me

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Glad to see your tank came in !

Over the next couple of weeks you will find yourself starring at the tank and grinning amazed by its performance.
My wife still keeps commenting on how well this tank works. This is the first and only tank she has liked so far.
Its a real treat. I can't wait to try a different mix in it. I've been trying to actually "finalize" a few mixes so I can give some away. One of my oldest mixes has been in the Super tank since I got it. Going to switch to another flavor tomorrow or the next day once I decide which one to put in it.

I was about to type that the TST (can we use that acronym?) is thirstier than my other sub tanks but its probably only slightly so. The real issue is me chain vaping the shit out of it seeing if it will lose flavor. It hasn't yet.

No TC mod for me until they release the IPV Mini 3!
Shit.
http://www.ecigaretteempire.com/IPV-D2-Box-Mod-75-WATT-p/ipvd2.htm

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
That mini looks tempting. I may have to try the black one out.

VU Sponsors