Become a Patron!

Tobeco Super Tank

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
can the 0.15ohm ni200 coils fit in the supertank mini ? and by the way whats the difference btw supertank vs supertank mini apart from the size ? im using a d2 as well, and tempted to try TC.
The Super Tank coils fit both the full size and mini versions of the tank. Kanthal or Ni200 doesn't matter.

As far as Mini vs Reg ST goes, the mini has better AFC, and the full size has a better (and replaceable) drip tip. I thought the mini would have better flavor due to it's shorter chimney but I haven't really noticed that. No scientific tests here though. Different juices and different mods.

The big Super Tank's AFC has 2 (and only 2) options
1 - slightly restricted by the AFC or
2 - restricted by the coil.
There's a small difference between the settings. The mini can go from a really tight draw (almost MTL) to waaayyyy open (restricted by the coil).

I like the mini better in every way but 2. Juice capacity (duh) and the fact that someday that drip tip/top cap is going to strip out and then the tank is done. Unless of course Tobeco offers replacement parts... but I doubt that coming from a company that has ZERO contact information.

36d0de04-3722-4160-b441-76fa3b2ac213.jpg

All that to say I think my next one will be another big one.

junhaoisme

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What issue could it be. I screwed everything thing. Vape and it didnt leak. Left it there, next morning it leaked through the airhole.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll try it again. I had read that 0.01 ohms (not 0.1, extra digits aside) was a big difference when it comes to TC.
It is in terms of locking it in if not at room temp. Once room temp, it is what it is and the mod will read the variance properly. I don't know how to explain this well through text. A coil that is .15 will work with temp control just a coil that is .10 will work. If you were to fire a .10 coil and then lock it in when it's resistance reads .13, then it's temp control algorithm is then skewed and temp control will not work properly. But if it were .13 to begin with at room temp and was locked as such, then it will function properly with temp control. The mod is simply looking for the proper fluctuation between a room temp coil and a fired coil. Its not actually reading a temperature of the coil. That's how I understand it.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@KeyserSoze many thanks for the informative reply. guess i'll go try the big brother since they are interchangeable. happy vaping ^^
Not a problem. Happy to help.

It is in terms of locking it in if not at room temp. Once room temp, it is what it is and the mod will read the variance properly. I don't know how to explain this well through text. A coil that is .15 will work with temp control just a coil that is .10 will work. If you were to fire a .10 coil and then lock it in when it's resistance reads .13, then it's temp control algorithm is then skewed and temp control will not work properly. But if it were .13 to begin with at room temp and was locked as such, then it will function properly with temp control. The mod is simply looking for the proper fluctuation between a room temp coil and a fired coil. Its not actually reading a temperature of the coil. That's how I understand it.
I understand what you are saying. I appreciate the explanation a lot. The kanthal coil in my mini is getting a little old. Will try a ni200 again when I swap it.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just an update on the Ni200 coils - absolutely hopeless! I've only tried one, but instead of reading at 0.15 it reads at 0.29. No problem, right - just lock it in and vape. Even at 550f and 30 watts I get practically nada, zilch, nothing. And I've tried it on three mods :-( I guess I'll break open another one to try it, but wow what a waste of $$!

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is why I just bought (10) .5 coils and 400 mls of juice. I was happy as ever vaping that and I'm done playing. Too many variables ruins the enjoyment and satisfaction of vaping for me. At least now I know I'm good to go for a while.

Just an update on the Ni200 coils - absolutely hopeless! I've only tried one, but instead of reading at 0.15 it reads at 0.29. No problem, right - just lock it in and vape. Even at 550f and 30 watts I get practically nada, zilch, nothing. And I've tried it on three mods :-( I guess I'll break open another one to try it, but wow what a waste of $$!

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fyi, the Atlantis .3 coils work and taste fine in the supertank, but they go through battery and juice twice as fast as the Tobeco .5 coils. That's no exaggeration at all.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Update on my Ni200 coils: I took the whole thing apart and put the tank in the UC. Put everything together in, screwed the coil in tight, and it read 1.7. It's working perfectly now! I suspect I didn't have the coil screwed in tightly enough...

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Update on my Ni200 coils: I took the whole thing apart and put the tank in the UC. Put everything together in, screwed the coil in tight, and it read 1.7. It's working perfectly now! I suspect I didn't have the coil screwed in tightly enough...
I think that is what was wrong with my first attempt. The 2nd attempt got me vapor but the flavor wasn't right. Will update on attempt #3 when it happens.

Are you noticing anything better about the ni200 coil now that it's working?

This is why I just bought (10) .5 coils and 400 mls of juice. I was happy as ever vaping that and I'm done playing. Too many variables ruins the enjoyment and satisfaction of vaping for me. At least now I know I'm good to go for a while.
I agree. I like futzing with stuff but I also like knowing that I can just fire it up and be happy.

I wish I had kept one atlantis coil when I sold mine to see whether it was the tank or the coils that didn't have any flavor.

Also, I feel like I get more flavor from my full size super tank and that seems backwards to me. What has been your experience @Rhyno636 ?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think that is what was wrong with my first attempt. The 2nd attempt got me vapor but the flavor wasn't right. Will update on attempt #3 when it happens.

Are you noticing anything better about the ni200 coil now that it's working?

I agree. I like futzing with stuff but I also like knowing that I can just fire it up and be happy.

I wish I had kept one atlantis coil when I sold mine to see whether it was the tank or the coils that didn't have any flavor.

Also, I feel like I get more flavor from my full size super tank and that seems backwards to me. What has been your experience @Rhyno636 ?

I had to turn the wattage way up - to at least 45 watts, and the temp to 500f. It's not hot but it is very flavorful - as I had originally expected it to be!

mnk231

Member For 4 Years
I need help. I've already gone through three coils and everything was fine. Today I tried to change the coil (.5 coil) and my IPV D2 displayed a "Check Atomizer" message. I tried another coil and the same thing happened. I figured that it might be the mod so I tried it on my Sig 150. My Sig showed the same message.

I know that I could've gotten some bad coils but what are the chances that two completely bad ones came from the same box. Please help. I really like this tank. My last coil lasted almost 1 month.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need help. I've already gone through three coils and everything was fine. Today I tried to change the coil (.5 coil) and my IPV D2 displayed a "Check Atomizer" message. I tried another coil and the same thing happened. I figured that it might be the mod so I tried it on my Sig 150. My Sig showed the same message.

I know that I could've gotten some bad coils but what are the chances that two completely bad ones came from the same box. Please help. I really like this tank. My last coil lasted almost 1 month.

That was what mine was doing before I took it apart, cleaned it thoroughly,and then put the coil back in (tight).

mnk231

Member For 4 Years
The coil that I'm having problems with is the regular coil.

How is the ni200 coil? I've was going to try after going through this last box but now I don't know. I've tried a Starre tank on my mod and it works fine. Please help.

Hey Guys! New to the forum, been vaping for 2+ years now.
Have a question about my Mini Super Tank.

Picked mine up this past Saturday night, first impressions were great. Great flavor and vapor production. Love the look and price point of the tank as well. Having spent my fair share of cash of many tanks, it was nice to see a tank that performed well and had a good price. As with everyone else, I hate leaking. I hate when my stuff doesn't perform.
So for 3 days I vaped on the Mini, loving it. Loving the top fill, vapor and flavor. No issues.

Last night, knowing I'd have an early morning and commute and not wanting to deal will filling my tank half asleep, I topped it of as I usually do.
Off to bed.
Wake up all crusty eyed, shuffle to the kitchen and go to grab the snow wolf with the mini, and it's sitting in a puddle of juice. The tank had emptied all the juice down my snow wolf.
I was perplexed. I had done nothing different then the last 3 days...just filled and vaped.

So, I cleaned up the mess, grumbling the whole time. Took the tank apart, not seeing anything pinched or deformed, I put it back together, filled it about half way, not wanting to lose any more juice.
On my hour drive into work, everything seemed to be fine, vaping away as usual, get to work, where it's now light, and low and behold juice is starting to leak from above the air flow control ring.

Any thoughts?

I can understand if I had taken the tank apart the first time and pinched something, but it was performing great for 3 day...

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks in advance!
Have a great day!

Last edited:

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
E
Hey Guys! New to the forum, been vaping for 2+ years now.
Have a question about my Mini Super Tank.

Picked mine up this past Saturday night, first impressions were great. Great flavor and vapor production. Love the look and price point of the tank as well. Having spent my fair share of cash of many tanks, it was nice to see a tank that performed well and had a good price. As with everyone else, I hate leaking. I hate when my stuff doesn't perform.
So for 3 days I vaped on the Mini, loving it. Loving the top fill, vapor and flavor. No issues.

Last night, knowing I'd have an early morning and commute and not wanting to deal will filling my tank half asleep, I topped it of as I usually do.
Off to bed.
Wake up all crusty eyed, shuffle to the kitchen and go to grab the snow wolf with the mini, and it's sitting in a puddle of juice. The tank had emptied all the juice down my snow wolf.
I was perplexed. I had done nothing different then the last 3 days...just filled and vaped.

So, I cleaned up the mess, grumbling the whole time. Took the tank apart, not seeing anything pinched or deformed, I put it back together, filled it about half way, not wanting to lose any more juice.
On my hour drive into work, everything seemed to be fine, vaping away as usual, get to work, where it's now light, and low and behold juice is starting to leak from above the air flow control ring.

Any thoughts?

I can understand if I had taken the tank apart the first time and pinched something, but it was performing great for 3 day...

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks in advance!
Have a great day!

Either your coil isn't right or the rubber ring on the bottom of the glass is damaged or missing. Take it apart, rinse it down, and reassemble.

E

Either your coil isn't right or the rubber ring on the bottom of the glass is damaged or missing. Take it apart, rinse it down, and reassemble.

That's the plan when I get a free moment.

Just wondering why it took 3+ days to happen.

Thanks for the reply.

I'll update on any progress.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Who knows??? I bet you'll fix it, it will never happen again, and you'll never know what caused it. I have 2 originals and 1 mini. None of them have ever leaked and I lay them on their side and they travel in my pocket.

Who knows??? I bet you'll fix it, it will never happen again, and you'll never know what caused it. I have 2 originals and 1 mini. None of them have ever leaked and I lay them on their side and they travel in my pocket.

Right?
I hope it doesn't happen again. Nothing worse than having that happen.
My Brother bought his at the same time and has had no issues. Plus, a lot of the guys at the shop (a very reputable and long standing shop here in SoCal) were rocking the same tank, for more than 2 weeks with no issues. They've really never steered my wrong. They Always answer all our questions, even the dumb ones, talk about what they are using and their experiences.

Update - at lunch time, I cleaned the tank, reassembled it, filled it, and it sat on my desk for 5 hours (can't vape in office) with no leakage.
Fingers crossed it was a one off like you said.

Thanks again for the response!

Noticed that I was starting to get a burnt nasty taste with my .2 coil, the factory installed one, and sure enough it was dark. Only had the .5 extra coil that was in the package, so I threw it in. Might I say it's a better vape than the .2 coil.

Now comes the question, when I go buy replacement coils in the next few days, do I get the .2 or the .5?

What's everyone's thought/preference on coils?

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Noticed that I was starting to get a burnt nasty taste with my .2 coil, the factory installed one, and sure enough it was dark. Only had the .5 extra coil that was in the package, so I threw it in. Might I say it's a better vape than the .2 coil.

Now comes the question, when I go buy replacement coils in the next few days, do I get the .2 or the .5?

What's everyone's thought/preference on coils?

I strongly feel that the .5 coils are far superior to the .2s.

I got a TC mod in today and picked up a .15 ohm NI200 coil from one of the local shops. Anybody know who has the .15 coils online?

Sucks down the juice like crazy though.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a TC mod in today and picked up a .15 ohm NI200 coil from one of the local shops. Anybody know who has the .15 coils online?

I found them somewhere - brb

Kanvape and Yetivape have them - probably other places also!

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The Aspire/Atlantis/Triton coils also work in the supertank, including the NI200 coils.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I strongly feel that the .5 coils are far superior to the .2s.
That's funny. I just went from a 0.2 to a 0.5 and maybe it's still breaking in but I liked the half black 0.2 better than this 0.5 so far. What wattage do you run your 0.5s at? I've been happy at 37-50 on either depending on the juice.

I bought a pack of Herakles coils awhile back and lost them. Brand new pack, can't find them to save my life. Failures abound over here folks.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's funny. I just went from a 0.2 to a 0.5 and maybe it's still breaking in but I liked the half black 0.2 better than this 0.5 so far. What wattage do you run your 0.5s at? I've been happy at 37-50 on either depending on the juice.

I bought a pack of Herakles coils awhile back and lost them. Brand new pack, can't find them to save my life. Failures abound over here folks.

I run the .5 coils 45 - 50 watts.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I run the .5 coils 45 - 50 watts.
Seriously though, that's in the mini and full size TSTs? Mini AFC set to halfway? More? The full size AFC is mostly just for looks IMO.

Sorry for asking literally a million questions Rhyno. You are my Super Tank mentor.

i just got hold of some new ni200 coils for my mini ST. vaping at 35-40J/420F. works fine. clouds not as much as kanthal coil ver but seems very good with flavour production. anyway it's my first TC mod, more to learn..........

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seriously though, that's in the mini and full size TSTs? Mini AFC set to halfway? More? The full size AFC is mostly just for looks IMO.

Sorry for asking literally a million questions Rhyno. You are my Super Tank mentor.

Air is on the smaller with the full size. Air is half way to 3/4 with the mini.

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't tried the .5 coil yet I'm still on the first .2 coil but that's next.

I guess I should have bought the gold one as well, It's the only one I don't have... YET.
I had found them on the ecigitty site for $19.99 plus "10percentoff" and then started telling
everyone locally and online. Locally nobody has jumped. (their loss)
I haven't tried the .5 ohm coil REPLACMENT yet either. I'm still using the 0.2, as REPLACMENT coils are harsher then my juice and device's/hardware supply.
I heard the 0.5 are much better around 45-50watts. Lower wattage seems better suiting for me, but I will always be a cloud based at heart. This mini super tank sure chucks the clouds even at 45watts. I haven't taken it past 60watts yet. As I don't want to ruin the coils.

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I own this tank and I gotta say it certainly changed the way I look at SUBOHM tanks. The mini super tank is now my #1. Not only because of its size and. Performance but because of the mtipke coils

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Whats the best deal out there for the mini?
My last Angelcigs order had a $13 shipping charge (for a iStick100 and 2 derringers) and took almost a week to ship. I can't urge you strongly enough to buy it anywhere else. Sure they are a few bucks cheaper on the product but they more than make up for it in S+H charges.

$14.99 w free S+H on ebay. I bet it ships faster than Angelcigs too!

Maybe its just the juices I've had in each but I like the big Super Tank better. If size is that important (and who are we kidding, it always is) the mini is still a big win.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My last Angelcigs order had a $13 shipping charge (for a iStick100 and 2 derringers) and took almost a week to ship. I can't urge you strongly enough to buy it anywhere else. Sure they are a few bucks cheaper on the product but they more than make up for it in S+H charges.

$14.99 w free S+H on ebay. I bet it ships faster than Angelcigs too!

Maybe its just the juices I've had in each but I like the big Super Tank better. If size is that important (and who are we kidding, it always is) the mini is still a big win.
Share the link!
I saw one, but when I selected the color, it changed to $32.99

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've bought from angelcigs a few times. I don't like their website or their communication. My istick 100 pre-order came weeks after others had it in stock. I'd prefer to give my business elsewhere.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Share the link!
I saw one, but when I selected the color, it changed to $32.99
Those dick bags. That's the one I saw and didn't realize the 14.99 was for a pack of coils.

I'm sorry. Looks like ebay is $30ish with S+H right now.

Kanvape is $24.99

Also, Angelcigs is OOS.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Global vapors has them in stock for $19.99. Black and silver.

There you go. Good looking out.

I've bought from angelcigs a few times. I don't like their website or their communication. My istick 100 pre-order came weeks after others had it in stock. I'd prefer to give my business elsewhere.
That's BS. I've bought from them before and wasn't thrilled by the shipping cost and time to ship but this order was the last straw. It probably didn't help my shipping time when I I turned around right after placing the order and sent a "Dear John" email saying I wouldn't be back.

Ordered on Monday. Emailed on Thursday asking what's up and they said that it would ship Friday (when would it have shipped had I not asked?). Then it "ships" after 9pm on Friday which is really Monday. So yeah, a week to get out the door. Marginally faster than Fasttech by the time I get the package.

Oh and most importantly, you like the iStick100? I'm excited to try it. I rarely run my IPV3 (my only dual battery VW mod) over 100W and this one looks WAY nicer to hold.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There you go. Good looking out.

That's BS. I've bought from them before and wasn't thrilled by the shipping cost and time to ship but this order was the last straw. It probably didn't help my shipping time when I I turned around right after placing the order and sent a "Dear John" email saying I wouldn't be back.

Ordered on Monday. Emailed on Thursday asking what's up and they said that it would ship Friday (when would it have shipped had I not asked?). Then it "ships" after 9pm on Friday which is really Monday. So yeah, a week to get out the door. Marginally faster than Fasttech by the time I get the package.

Oh and most importantly, you like the iStick100? I'm excited to try it. I rarely run my IPV3 (my only dual battery VW mod) over 100W and this one looks WAY nicer to hold.

I was very excited for the istick 100. Now I don't even use it. The battery life sucks, it takes forever to charge, it's much larger than expected, the buttons rattle like a tambourine, and I wish I got black. Other than that, I'm happy. It's cool for $35 because I don't give a fuck about it, but i could care less that I have it. The magnets and battery door are very legit though.

VU Sponsors