Member For 2 Years
I'm using the .25 at 71.1watts. Straight animal 60/40 blend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Stick a slim screwdriver all the way through the air intake and unscrew it. Simple.
^^^ That.

The one I have had a time with is when I want to change coils and the coil stays in the chimney when I take the tank apart. Pliers to the coil right under where it connects to the chimney is all I've figured out.

Thanks a lot for those links @awoodby! Very helpful in the future. I might grab a tank and a couple sets of o-rings just to make sure I can use my Full size for a looooooong time to come. I'm pacing my spending but next payday is another full size in black. I'll retire the mini top and put the full size tank on the mini base for tighter airflow. It'll look top heavy on a D2 but it'll be a cute little thing compared to my crown on it's istick100. :eek: I've been wanting bigger muscles so I thought that setup would help.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I tell u this not a fan of the .2 I got another mini. And same thing out of the box. The cotton is cloggin up some of the center hole. I will stick with the .5 coil

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great links @awoodby.

Now when do we get a smoked glass for our black mini's????
Star wars is releasing soon, we should have a Vader edition STM ;)

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tell u this not a fan of the .2 I got another mini. And same thing out of the box. The cotton is cloggin up some of the center hole. I will stick with the .5 coil

FYI
My coils with "excess cotton" were all .5 coils.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My .5 is money. No issues

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You've definitely gotten a great start with great equipment!

I've had the opportunity to try a variety of different equip. through friends of mine but never bit the bullet and spent the money. One of the had the sig. 150 and the super tank came highly recommended at a local shop. Went with the mini mainly to shave down on the size a little bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got some atlantis 0.15 Ni coils pif'd to me and they have so much more flavor to them than the tobeco coils. Better vape too, the chamber is almost double the size of the tobeco's.

Picked up some triton 0.3 stainless coils at a local B&M too and not a ton of difference, but the SS coils do seem to produce a little smoother vape.

I do think I'm leaning towards the SS as the winner but either one is a step up from the tobeco coils.

awoodby

Member For 4 Years
All I have thus far is the .5 coils, I think I need to diversify...

And drill out the loading hole a bit, too dang small, hate pulling out a needle to fill! :)

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got some atlantis 0.15 Ni coils pif'd to me and they have so much more flavor to them than the tobeco coils. Better vape too, the chamber is almost double the size of the tobeco's.

Picked up some triton 0.3 stainless coils at a local B&M too and not a ton of difference, but the SS coils do seem to produce a little smoother vape.

I do think I'm leaning towards the SS as the winner but either one is a step up from the tobeco coils.

I've tried a 5 pack of the nickel coils and a 5 pack of the Triton coils. I disagree, I feel the Tobeco .5 coils are better.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All I have thus far is the .5 coils, I think I need to diversify...

And drill out the loading hole a bit, too dang small, hate pulling out a needle to fill! :)

A needle? I have no problem filling with any bottle at all. The SuperTank mini is even easier too.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know, I just get a muted flavor from the tobeco coils. The two that came with it and 3 of the 5 nickel coils I bought with it.

For me, the aspire coils deliver and the super tank mini is short and my favorite look of all the tanks so that's my combo to run with.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The only issues I've had with the tobeco coils were the cotton blocking good amount of the air flow. 3 out of 4 were no good. But I will say the vaporshark Atlantis coils were the best I felt tc coils for the super tank flavor wise

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm... you have tried both regular atlantis Ni and VS Ni coils and the VS's are better?

Wonder if they use a different wicking material? May have to try those for the next order.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea man. I see a difference. Vaporshark are a nice coil

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Tobeco like I said 3 out of 4 coils were dead out the box. So I could enjoy them and I wasn't going to spend more money to see if they were good to hit or doa

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll just drop this right here...
7.jpg

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now, that is cool! I assume adjustable 510 pin so you can line it up with your box.

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now, that is cool! I assume adjustable 510 pin so you can line it up with your box.
Yep... Don't know all of the details yet but the hex set screw on the side is for alignment of the tank on the mod. This should be more than 7ml based on the KS RTA specifications as the corner isn't notched on this one.

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll just drop this right here...
7.jpg
Got mine in today. You loosen the grub screws and the bottom of the 510 comes off. You screw that on your device then place the tank on that and tighten the grub screws. No instructions whatsoever come with it which is bullshit. To replace the coil there are two screws on the botton of the tank you remove then pull the bottom half out. You have to drain the tank to replace the coils.

Last edited:

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Damn it when is Tobeco going to make a red ST or mini. Black is OK but I want a red 1 for my red sig tc 150.
Anyway what's everyone's favorite not Tobeco coil for the ST only ask because I need to buy coils for wife,son and me and they use kanger and protank mini.. No1 seems to sell all 3. Ecig. Com has great prices on pt and subtank but no ST. Ugh

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Omg the tank addict(me) lives the look of this supertank'

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My fav is Atlantis v2 and crown .3 and ,25 coils yep they guzzle my juices

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok i just read this entire thread
?1. are the stock tobecco coils dual verticals like the crown
?2 are the DT standard 510s on bot the regular and mini or are they odd ball shapes

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mini tip isn't replaceable it's a 1 piece top. Og super tank takes any 510 tip
Yes dual vertical coils and they handle max vg with no problem if you were wondering that

Just got the super tank mini and I love it ... flavor is great and plenty of clouds ... having some trouble with the coil flooding after a few hit's tried to tighten the coil but still flooding ... any suggestions ???

I'm running it on the the evic VTC mini in power mode on about 60w with air flow wide open and .2ohm coil

Last edited:

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got the super tank mini and I love it ... flavor is great and plenty of clouds ... having some trouble with the coil flooding after a few hit's tried to tighten the coil but still flooding ... any suggestions ???

I'm running it on the the evic VTC mini in power mode on about 60w with air flow wide open and .2ohm coil

It should only flood if either the coil is loose or the chimney is loose. Dump the juice out and tighten it up.

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of good info in this thread.

I picked up the ST mini about a month ago and love it so much I picked up a second one. I enjoy it as much as my crown. I notice it comes in white now also, just ordered one from Global Vapors along with some tobeco .5 coils. You can also run the Eleaf EC coils which I've found as cheap as $9.75 per 5-pack. They use the parallel verticle coil and organic cotton and come in .3, .5 and .15 ni200. The nickel ones have gold plated contacts so I always pull and switch them to use in my other coils. I get great flavor and vapor production on them but I ordered the tobeco coils so I can compare again. Also have the triton coils which I haven't even tried yet.

The supertank mini is a gem and looks great on my VTC mini and SMY tc 60. I'm gonna build my new obs crius tomorrow but for plug n play, price and performance the supertank rocks.

mnk231

Member For 4 Years
Does anyone know what the new colors look like? I just saw on the kanvapes website that they have a royal blue, light blue and green color.

I agree that the supertank is my favorite tank. I like it so much that I'm thinking of cleaning out and storing my Starre tank.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just ordered my 3rd super tank mini and in the Tiffany blue color. Nice. Also ordered a pack of aspire claptons. Can't wait to try it out

I've got 2 minis, and echo a problem from awoody - certain mods (Esige Eiffel T1, SMY TC60) will not detect the tank - I'm assuming a center pin issue but how to correct it? The IPV4 does detect it, and my Evic mini. Other tanks are fine.

Is there a way to safely bridge the gap? Those 2 mods are my newest and I really wanted to use them with the Mini. :(

Btw, I have that large 8ml tank, and now sits unused - if anything causes a dislodge of the tank (ie a fall at an angle that puts weight on the tank) that bottom circle that holds the coil CAN tilt and cause leakage. Even after reseating everything and redoing the screws, it is extremely easy for it to give up a tiny gap and it will leak all over again. Quite unforgiving

Just received the STM but it's leaking like hell, seems that the treating isn't long enough on the drip tip, when I close it it stops before it can touch the big silicone sealing :(

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Weird maybe the seal isn't where it suppose to be? I have owned 3 and never had that issue

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just received the STM but it's leaking like hell, seems that the treating isn't long enough on the drip tip, when I close it it stops before it can touch the big silicone sealing :(

Is it cross threaded? Kinda looks like it is....

Eanderson88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i own to tebeco tanks i love them i have a kangertec as well i an swear by my tebeco

There seems nothing is wrong on the stm itself, but you can clearly see that the threads on the drip tip aren't perfect, the first turns the drip tip go's straight on the threads, only on the end it goes's awry.

Btw, they are sending me a new drip tip, but from the US to the Netherlands it will take some time before I can enjoy this tank.

Last edited:
Tweaked the drip-tip, the part where the small O-ring falls in wasn't deep enough and although the thread isn't perfect anymore at least I can enjoy my stm until the new one arrives :)

I was literally set on a sigelei 150 TC w/crown tank....walked out with an eVic-VTC updated to 75w, and a Super Tank mini. Not only does the set-up look awesome, (Tiffany green box/black tank) but with only using .2ohm coil, and sticking around 48w on "power setting" vaping beard #51, I couldn't be happier.
I wanted a bigger set-up for at home use, but once putting this set-up together I couldn't be happier with the choice I made. I had a bigger mod, just wasn't convenient, I was skeptical at first what this tank was going to need (power) to get good flavor, but with the massive amounts of airflow (I run air intake half open, seems to give a better flavor at .22 ohms). I did throw my sub-tank mini on the VTC last night just for a comparison, and IMO the sub mini has always been a favorite for flavor, but this def is on par if not better.

Pros:
• Love the one-piece top fill drip tip top
• Coils are def premium
• No leaks, 2 weeks
• Flavor is as mentioned above, right up there
Sub-tank mini (revised) which I thought was
one of the best low watt sub ohm tanks for
flavor
• Stands 5 1/4" tall (in eVic VTC)
• Doesn't eat juice
• Awesome tank, great price
image.jpeg
Cons:
• Sometimes worry about drip/cap
crossthreading (but hasn't)
• Have had a few instances where O-ring under
cap slides up, could just be mine as no others
have mentioned
• No manual/directions
• Really no Cons! Those above aren't even really
an issue, just only things I could think of...really
no definitive cons

All of that being said, enjoy this tank! It's a beast!

Also, in reference to the driptip threaded top, I was wondering through some vendors sites and found they have metal (not sure aluminum it stainless) but in black or raw finish, cost was around $6-7 vs $3-4 for plastic type material. Of course they were sold out, but I didn't look too much, so I'll start looking again today. If anyone has one and could post their opinion, and possibly where it was purchased I'd appreciate it.

VU Sponsors