Become a Patron!

TOBH Atty V2 clone - positive post loose

VanOccupanther

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The other day at work on break was talking to someone and didn't notice I put my stingray clone in my lunch box and failed to lock it. Maybe 30 or 40 seconds later saw vapor coming out. grabbed it and unscrewed the tubes to break contact. The stingray has a very short throw. battery is fine along with the stingray but now if I unscrew the copper contact pin at the 510 connection the center pin comes off. I am not sure how it was originally attached. looking for advice.

USMC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The screw on the TOBH's 510 is meant to hold the center post on. I'm pretty sure it wasn't meant to be an adjustable 510 if that's what you were expecting.

VanOccupanther

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
no wasn't expecting that. what I did think was the center positive post was secured to the base by more than just the screw. if someone here has a TOBH maybe they could check theirs and see if it comes loose.

VanOccupanther

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks HK, what I needed to know. I did check the base to see if the insulator had melted and it looks ok.

VanOccupanther

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yep, the center of the deck. after the rebuild I wonder if the pos post will reattach itself to the insulator from the heat. that would make it wobbly and not come completely off.

VanOccupanther

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yepper, pos post feels secure. I did a dual coil rebuild and seems to be functioning normal. also using some cellucotton. I find that stuff a little amazing. had been using organic cotton but the rayon flat out blows it away as far as the number of drops it can hold and its wicking ability.

VU Sponsors