Become a Patron!

TOH Putting Forward Law To Require Signs About Vape Dangers

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jesus. I get so sick of hearing it's directed towards kids. Pg/vg can break down into formaldehyde? What does pg/vg do when it's in your body from the food you eat? They always forget to mention those chemicals are used to carry flavors in all our favorite food. Lmao. What foods are dangerous? The best kinds.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Pg/vg can break down into formaldehyde?
Yeah they can, when overheated, which doesn't happen when you eat them.

But even at the temperatures where a burnt taste begins to manifest, the levels are still several times lower than in cigarette smoke. At temperatures representative of modern atties with cellulose (as opposed to silica) wicking, the levels are an order of magnitude or more lower than in cigarette smoke, and carbonyls are by far not the only, or the most potent, carcinogens present in cigarette smoke.

Bottom line: Keep your wick and coil wet, and if you're really paranoid, use a TC mod and keep the temp below 450F.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah they can, when overheated, which doesn't happen when you eat them.

But even at the temperatures where a burnt taste begins to manifest, the levels are still several times lower than in cigarette smoke. At temperatures representative of modern atties with cellulose (as opposed to silica) wicking, the levels are an order of magnitude or more lower than in cigarette smoke, and carbonyls are by far not the only, or the most potent, carcinogens present in cigarette smoke.

Bottom line: Keep your wick and coil wet, and if you're really paranoid, use a TC mod and keep the temp below 450F.
Thanks for that info. I think I knew that. I think. I had heard the temp needed to be a lot higher than one could vape. But hell I just know I always over squonk. Lol drip sometimes but hate a dry hit so keep it juicy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors