Become a Patron!

Too cap threads

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I recently picked up a Mad Hatter 24 mech kit to try out the whole mech experience. Before anyone asks, yes I understand ohms law and I've been building coils for a while now. I got the black version and some of the coating has found its way into the threads in the top. How can I remove this without destroying the threads? Ive tried scraping my bent tweezers through them while turning the mod, replicating screwing something into it, but there still is a fair bit in there and I know it's contributing to voltage drop.
I know there aren't many reviews on it, but I'm pretty sure this could be a good mod once I get all the small bugs worked out that exist from buying a very inexpensive authentic mod.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use an old beater tank or rda and thread it in and out, wiping with alcohol between each install/removal. That should wear the coating off... after, use a q-tip and apply a veeeerrrryyyy thin coat of dielectric grease.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Use an old beater tank or rda and thread it in and out, wiping with alcohol between each install/removal. That should wear the coating off... after, use a q-tip and apply a veeeerrrryyyy thin coat of dielectric grease.

Thanks
I never thought of using dielectric grease before. Do you use it on all of your threads as part of a cleaning routine? I seen a review for the new SOI mech and he disassembled the switch and everything in there had dielectric grease on it. Seems like a good idea?

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks
I never thought of using dielectric grease before. Do you use it on all of your threads as part of a cleaning routine? I seen a review for the new SOI mech and he disassembled the switch and everything in there had dielectric grease on it. Seems like a good idea?

Dielectric grease lubricates l, protects, and conducts... I kinda thought it was a no-brainer. Yes, I use it on all threads every time I clean.

VU Sponsors