Become a Patron!

TOO LATE: THE MVP 30 WATT (THE MVP 4) - $70 ???

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Innokin has launched the 4th incarnation of the MVP coming in at a "staggering" 30 watts. Oddly they are calling this the MVP 3 - even though its the 4th version of the MVP.

I have no idea what is going on with Innokin but they are REALLY behind the times. In the past I really thought of Innokin as pioneer. They didn't clone products - they walked their own path with really innovative mod designs. Their last 3 major mod releases bombed terribly and they are pushing for a forth. They seem out of touch and aren't paying attention anymore.

No one is going to pay $59-70.00 for a 30 watt box mod from China.
With that being the internet price - you know B&M's are going to try and sell this for $99.00 or more. FAIL!

I can easily rattle off ten 40 watt devices that are under $39.00 (The Kanger KBOX 40 watt mod for $31.00) and actually use real 18650 batteries - rather then a LiPo battery bag. To Innokins credit it does have a large 3800mAh battery but the tech is dated.

Its like putting a very large gas tank on a Ford Pinto.

I really hope they wake up soon.

TH7FQlO44PA

Click here to get more information on this deal....

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Totally agreed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A year ago... hell yes.
Now? fuck innokin and their price fixing shit.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This was the last chance Innokin was going to get and they FAILED. I think innokin and provape must share employees lol

So sad too.. when I started vaping 2 years ago Innokin was my go to.. now - not so much.

Even joyetech is in the same boat with the egrip being released WAYYY too late.. I mean a year ago that thing would have sold like crazy since the billet box was so expensive.. now it's not going to get the recognition it might have once deserved.. they really are living in the past

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
RIP Innokin, make way for eLeaf

savepapervapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
But they

sure pimp the fuck out of them in the past.
True. Gotta keep that free shit rolling in. lol. Sadly, not everyone can afford something like a vapor flask or sx mini.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Give it a month or two. When nobody buys them and everyone is overstockd they will be going for $40 or less.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Apparently none of their top brass or their design team members belong to any forums.

And something else I wish Innokin would learn.

Aluminum is a perfectly acceptable building material and not every APV in the world has to weigh 10 lbs.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Apparently none of their top brass or their design team members belong to any forums.

And something else I wish Innokin would learn.

Aluminum is a perfectly acceptable building material and not every APV in the world has to weigh 10 lbs.
I dunno I still like my metal brick of doom.. I mean VTR.
Just wish it had more soul.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When they drop in the low $40s this will be my next box.

I dont get the whole "too late" thing going on here...The first company to come out with 100w have been followed by many others. why not too late for them when they came out?

I think innokin would much rather put out a quality item than rush a design just to get it on the market first ,or keep up time wise.

I think innokin is more into wanting there own designs and not just selling a semi cloned device everyone already has...dna chip this..dna chip that..dna clone this..dna clone that

Didnt someone else come out with 150 watts before an IPV decided to become 150 watts?
..Guess this could be categorized as "Too late"?

I like my 20 watt mpv and the new 30 watt is more than just added wattage to the same device like the 2.0 and 20w somewhat are and many more companies devices costing more money.

I chose the mvp over the eleaf device based on reviews and comparisons...im glad i did really as im very happy with my decision..Dont know much about eleaf but im thinking its just a 20 watt device bumped to 30w and 50w and one more cell added to it for more power...Innokin Improved every aspect of the mvp 30 watt to come up with a better product in general and didnt clone to do it...i respect that..its not cheap to go back to the drawing board.

In all honesty, I really dont see the purpose on this wattage war but i suppose i dont need to...it is what it is.

Id rather have a quality 10w device than a lesser quality 30 watt device or cheap clone any day.

Sorry for the rant..just how i fell about it all.

savepapervapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The price point on this seems very wrong.
It is wrong, considering multiple places are selling it for 55 shipped. 70 is just the suggested retail price. Seems reasonable to me. Love the external charging feature. It's the perfect camping accessory.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A year ago... hell yes.
Now? fuck innokin and their price fixing shit.
A year ago I would have paid $70 for an Innokin 30 watt mode over a Chana clone. Now? Pffft, they missed the bus.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But they

sure pimp the fuck out of them in the past.
Don't worry, Shillsardo and his bromance will pimp the fuck outta the MVP30, as long as they get some sugar for their efforts.

Draino

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seems like a solid, well designed and (hopefully) reliable device

I'm not sure where the hate is coming from on this, it should be an easy device to recommend to people who aren't hobbyist level vapists and just want to walk out of a vape shop with something that will last them a year or so without any headaches

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The "hate" comes from here.... A device that is clearly behind the technology times, that costs as much nearly, as a far superior device, making MANY more watts. For the price, it should have included an atty. Anyone paying 50+ bucks for this device, needs to have their head examined.

Were this priced in the 20-35 dollar range, then ok. But for the suggested price, you'd be a loon to pay that much.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The "hate" comes from here.... A device that is clearly behind the technology times, that costs as much nearly, as a far superior device, making MANY more watts. For the price, it should have included an atty. Anyone paying 50+ bucks for this device, needs to have their head examined.

Were this priced in the 20-35 dollar range, then ok. But for the suggested price, you'd be a loon to pay that much.

What makes it so behind technology wise?..because its only 30 watts? and doesnt serve the extreme sub ohm enthusiast?

People pay 30 dollars for authentic vision spinner batteries...They also pay 50 bucks for new kanger emow starter kits..As much of a kanger fan as i am i highly doubt the new 30 dollar kanger 40w is anywhere close to a superior device because its 40 watts or the 50 dollar eleaf because its 50 watts...More power doesnt make a device better.

If someone will pay 60 dollars for just a 30 watt authentic dna chip, maybe its more so the quality of the chip and not because they wanted or even needed more power.

The new 30w innokin im sure is miles ahead technology wise than some band wagon devices who preach just power and not advance in other aspects of what can make a device a better one.

Seems to me the kanger is extremely behind technology wise with that horrible "select a watt from what we think you might like" adjustment feature..That killed it for me when i saw that...They couldve made it 500 watts for 30 dollars, and even if i was a power fan i wouldnt touch it with a 10 ft pole...Reminds me of an old turn knob television with high def sound and coloring installed...i can see why its only 30 dollars...More power doesnt make something better

I can use this example in car audio..Since when does a fleamarket or walmart boss amp with 1000 watts sound better than a 300 watt JL audio amp..i mean really.

The price is more than fair in my eyes for just having hit the market and especially for all the advancements its made over previous models..so what its not 50 watts or 5000 watts....It will drop in price like most everything eventually does in the business and my feelings are those who buy one will have a top notch quality device who dont want or need more power than whats offered with it.

Last edited:

ApeMustNotKillVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When they hit $40 they will sell a shit ton of these.
People still buy 11 watt 2.0 for $80 at B&Ms because it is the next step up from egos.
Longer battery life and uses a more convenient phone charger.

It looks like they finally fixed most of the 2.0 flaws.
Terrible fire button and placement.
Crappy pot metal connector that uses a "beauty" ring.
1977 LED round robin display with lack of good battery level indicator.

The 2.0 durability and flat accurate power signal are not matched by any istick device.

blademansw

Member For 4 Years
They will still fly off the shelves. They appear to be well made, and historically the MVP's are very reliable and they have addressed the issues with the 510.

Don't forget that a lot of people are still rocking MVP2's and will see this as a welcome upgrade as they trust the brand and don't need 800 fucking watts.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What makes it so behind technology wise?..because its only 30 watts? and doesnt serve the extreme sub ohm enthusiast?

People pay 30 dollars for authentic vision spinner batteries...They also pay 50 bucks for new kanger emow starter kits..As much of a kanger fan as i am i highly doubt the new 30 dollar kanger 40w is anywhere close to a superior device because its 40 watts or the 50 dollar eleaf because its 50 watts...More power doesnt make a device better.

If someone will pay 60 dollars for just a 30 watt authentic dna chip, maybe its more so the quality of the chip and not because they wanted or even needed more power.

The new 30w innokin im sure is miles ahead technology wise than some band wagon devices who preach just power and not advance in other aspects of what can make a device a better one.

Seems to me the kanger is extremely behind technology wise with that horrible "select a watt from what we think you might like" adjustment feature..That killed it for me when i saw that...They couldve made it 500 watts for 30 dollars, and even if i was a power fan i wouldnt touch it with a 10 ft pole...Reminds me of an old turn knob television with high def sound and coloring installed...i can see why its only 30 dollars...More power doesnt make something better

I can use this example in car audio..Since when does a fleamarket or walmart boss amp with 1000 watts sound better than a 300 watt JL audio amp..i mean really.

The price is more than fair in my eyes for just having hit the market and especially for all the advancements its made over previous models..so what its not 50 watts or 5000 watts....It will drop in price like most everything eventually does in the business and my feelings are those who buy one will have a top notch quality device who dont want or need more power than whats offered with it.

Kanger behind the times huh? they successfully made the first sub-ohm hybrid that is probably the best vape I've had from a non-dripper ... They are more ahead of the times than innokin.. cmon now.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll likely pick one of these up after the price drops below 40 bucks...seen em in the 50-ish range already...a month or 2 and they will be at a more attractive price...My MVP2's were of very good quality. No reason to expect that these wont be high quality devices as well...

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Look, I understand some people do NOT want a device that is 10 gigawatts. That's fine.

Here are the issues with this device.
1 Price point. Compare other devices at this wattage. This is priced well over them.
2 Internal battery. Yeah, I think the majority have spoken, and want control over the batts that power their device. I can control it with changing my own battery. Not so much with a built in batt.
3 Teeny tiny adjustment buttons. I personally dislike they way they are placed.
4 Leakage concerns. See all those slots on the top juice could potentially run into?

For the upper end of the SRP, you can buy a dual battery mod, at 100 watts. Certainly give you room to grow into your vaping, and less of a need for more shit on your shelf to collect dust.

To each their own. I just don't see this being widely accepted and wanted by the bulk of vapers that will be using lower wattage mods.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll have to go the other way on this. I vape to not smoke. It is not a hobby for me. My entire arsenal right now consists of 1 - 450 mAh fixed voltage eGo battery for stealth carry, 2 - 650mAh twist batteries for when I need a light, compact vape (like when wearing a suit), 2 - MVP2s that I use in rotation all day, every day, and an iStick 20W that I couldn't resist at the $18 I paid for it on sale.

I will buy one of these when I can catch it on sale between $30 and $38. I look forward to having the 3800 mAh battery. I vape between 6.5W and 8W on my Aerotank Minis, and I am perfectly happy. The extra 1200 mAh will extend my battery life to over 2 days on a charge.

I do not own, or want to own a battery charger. I like to be able to charge off of cell phone chargers and car lighter sockets. For the non hobbyist vaper, these things are great.

Last edited:

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll likely pick one of these up after the price drops below 40 bucks...seen em in the 50-ish range already...a month or 2 and they will be at a more attractive price...My MVP2's were of very good quality. No reason to expect that these wont be high quality devices as well...
Exactly! I'm waiting for the MVP2s to get to around $20 so I can get 3 or 4 more of them.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'll have to go the other way on this. I vape to not smoke. It is not a hobby for me. My entire arsenal right now consists of 1 - 450 mAh fixed voltage eGo battery for stealth carry, 2 - 650mAh twist batteries for when I need a light, compact vape (like when wearing a suit), 2 - MVP2s that I in rotation all day, every day, and an iStick 20W that I couldn't resist at the $18 I paid for it on sale.

I will buy one of these when I can catch it on sale between $30 and $38. I look forward to having the 3800 mAh battery. I vape between 6.5W and 8W on my Aerotank Minis, and I am perfectly happy. The extra 1200 mAh will extend my battery life to over 2 days on a charge.

I do not own, or want to own a battery charger. I like to be able to charge off of cell phone chargers and car lighter sockets. For the non hobbyist vaper, these things are great.
Yes ,all the way . If you need 50 watts it's not for you, but for most vapers 30 watts is plenty . And you know 8 months down the road it will work just like it did on it's first day(my mvp2 does) ,I own a Provari for just that reason ..Also. battery life is what lots of folks look for .

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Kanger behind the times huh? they successfully made the first sub-ohm hybrid that is probably the best vape I've had from a non-dripper ... They are more ahead of the times than innokin.. cmon now.
In tanks, not in APVs.. While this is only 30watts, I see it being a good sale to those who want quality over 'fires' (looking at you Cloupor)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In tanks, not in APVs.. While this is only 30watts, I see it being a good sale to those who want quality over 'fires' (looking at you Cloupor)

LOL touche - but my clouper is working just fine.. i still have all fingertips intact.. clouper is obviously run by retards but still can't fully bash them until I have a problem myself.. This is my first clouper product - lets just say I was a very subjective buyer since all of the previous issues with the t6/t8's

and ok even though he wasn't specific about saying specifically why kanger is behind the times - he did mention their new 30w so I'll take back my comment .. but will add that they don't typically make mods anyways (besides ego type crap) so i don't think its relevant. innokin on the other hand have been for years and still don't seem to be offering anything spectacular to compete

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As said above, the MVP30w can be found for ~$55, and it just came out... So, how is this any different than people paying ~$50 (or more when it first came out) for the Sigelei Mini 30w? http://www.asmodus.com/product-p/sigelei-mini.htm

Or the IPV Mini? http://www.myvaporstore.com/iPV-Mini-30-Watt-MOD-Pioneer4you-p/p4u-ipv30ss.htm

replaceable battery option? i would have to compare specs, but I assume the clouper/sig mini's are smaller .. and weigh less too? sure - not huge issues but i think the replaceable battery is probably what turns people over to other 30w devices.. at least it did for me..

I still think 55$ is too high for it.. 40-45 max should have been the price point right out of the gate..

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya.. other than the replaceable battery, the others are still 'only' 30w though.. and, its actually cheaper to just include a batt tube than to have 2 batteries in parallel with a monitoring chip between them ;)

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I get 1 full year out of the battery (both of my MVP2s are older than a year) and I have to throw it away and get a new one, I'll be happy. For the cost of 5-8 packs of smokes, I'd say that a year is more than acceptable. They pay for themselves in 1 week compared to smoking.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea.. was meaning behind in general for the new kanger 40w device...i just see to much emphasis on "how much power" with everything as if thats all that matters.

Choosing a battery can be a good thing but it seems those used in the mvp are more than adequate to handle its power claims reliably.

In reality ,if you pay even 40 for a clone and buy good batteries and a decent charger youve just spent 80 dollars or more for your 30 watt device just to be able to use it...This of course is thinking of a new time buyer.

I own 2 authentic vtc5 batteries and a nitecore i2 charger...5200mah would be great in parallel only vaping 1.8 ohms on a basic tank...i picture 4 maybe 5 days easy on a charge with that for intermediate usage...So no beef really on that aspect of it...im actually going to build a 15w box mod using my sonys for less than 20 bucks...lol

The price will drop...it will be as popular if not more as most mvp products but with much more technology than whats already one reliable device in the mvp.

I actually want one of every mvp (except maybe the shine versions) made and when my income tax check gets deposited in my account i will own them.

So anyone with a 2.0 and a v1 for sale ill be looking for you...money going to the best deal and best of condition. :)

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In reality ,if you pay even 40 for a clone and buy good batteries and a decent charger youve just spent 80 dollars or more for your 30 watt device just to be able to use it...This of course is thinking of a new time buyer.
A point many seem to forget..

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hopefully the claimed accuracy of within .1 is accurate for the new innokin 30 watt.

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wish this had been out 2 years ago. I paid out the rear for 2 ego's and 2 clear's and I think 1 ego made it 6 months. It's a fine device for people starting out or for work/running around. 6 months from now it will be Deal of the Day at Vaporbeast for 30.00 and probably last a couple years if not longer.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For the non replaceable battery issue

I really dont think when the battery does decide to crap out you need to throw away any of the mpv devices...If you can solder and turn some screws you can physically replace the battery..Visiting your local hobby shop can net you a 2s lipo within the same mah and c rating that will fit inside the case as the stock one does...same for other "non replaceable" battery devices..Its not really a super big issue unless you have zero skills to replace one.

Alibaba actually has authentic 2600mah replacement batteries you can buy if wanted...something like 5 bucks for the previous mvp models.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I imagine this would be a pretty great mod for being out and about paired with an Atlantis. The price may be high, but if the build quality is more solid than an iStick and the like, I'd rock one.

I was really happy with my MVP 1.5 for the better part of a year with a Kayfun on it. I imagine this device will be even more reliable.

True, if it was 50 watts I'd probably be in for one immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have no doubts a 50w version will find its way in the market.
It may be the common upgrade of just more power and maybe color choices and or any bugs people may complain about like the first mvps..mainly the 510 connector.

The 20 watt came with all issues fixed aside from some wanting a side firing button.. I dont think 30 watts is going to be the last model from innokin.

Im really fighting hard right now to not order this and a subtank mini or a nano with a 1.2ohm coil....grrrrrrrr

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For the non replaceable battery issue

I really dont think when the battery does decide to crap out you need to throw away any of the mpv devices...If you can solder and turn some screws you can physically replace the battery..Visiting your local hobby shop can net you a 2s lipo within the same mah and c rating that will fit inside the case as the stock one does...same for other "non replaceable" battery devices..Its not really a super big issue unless you have zero skills to replace one.

Alibaba actually has authentic 2600mah replacement batteries you can buy if wanted...something like 5 bucks for the previous mvp models.
The main problem with replacing the liPo batts is the equalization chip.. without, you stand a good chance of frying the batts.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The main problem with replacing the liPo batts is the equalization chip.. without, you stand a good chance of frying the batts.

Well, if the chip is built into the battery someplace you cant get at it, you can still buy authentic replacemnt batteries for them which should have the chip with it.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, if the chip is built into the battery someplace you cant get at it, you can still buy authentic replacemnt batteries for them which should have the chip with it.
We would hope :)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
We would hope :)

For those who may not know ,an 18650 fits in place of the soft cell lipo...if you can make contacts and keep the battery from moving around then theres the other option.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The time to get the battery, and install it is worth more than the $40 it costs to replace it with a brand new one.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The time to get the battery, and install it is worth more than the $40 it costs to replace it with a brand new one.
Its not that easy to replace them...

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ive seen one thread somwhere of someone who was going to replace the battery with an 18650, just cant remember where i saw it.

VU Sponsors