TOP 10 REASONS ECIGS ARE BETTER THAN SMOKING

Discussion in 'What are electronic cigarettes?' started by vapingmandycat, Jun 4, 2014.

1. vapingmandycat

vapingmandycat VU Vendor VU Vendor Bronze Contributor Show Host

Blog Posts:
    10 reasons electronic cigarettes are better than smoking

1) Electronic cigarettes don't produce any second hand smoke. In fact they don't produce any smoke. They produce a propylene glycol based vapor, much the same as theatrical smoke machines, but in lower quantities of course

2) E-Cigs don't create cigarette butts. The Instead ECigs use eliquid to refill the plastic cartridges over and over again to reduce waste even further

3)No Tar! As mentioned, e-cigarettes produce vapor, not smoke, so they don't contain the tar that burning tobacco creates

4)No more yellow. E-cigarettes won't turn your teeth or fingers yellow.

5)Smokey Bear thanks you. Electronic cigarettes don't burn

6)Cost. E-cigarettes can save you money, specifically if you use eliquid to refill cartridges. Do the math. One bottle of eliquid is approximately equivalent to 300 tobacco cigarettes.

7)Vapor doesn't give you bad breath. Smoke does.

8 )There is no hydrogen cyanide in e-cigarette vapor

9)You may be able to smoke your e-cigarette where you can't normally smoke. Please ask permission before e-smoking in non smoking areas

10)The smell. E-Cigarettes do have some smell when they are actually being used...but it is very minimal and often not noticeable. There is no smell on the esmoker after esmoking, unlike tobacco smoke which sticks to hands, clothes, and everything else

2. nelyon

nelyon New Member

Blog Posts:
    Am I out of line in saying that this list reads like the generic Engrish "factoids" off of the side of Innokin packages?

Nowadays there are studies and research that can be used to build solid, factual lists of the advantages of vaping over smoking, which is what new vapers and smokers looking to switch should be made aware of. This post just comes off as extremely immature.

3. Jgoss

Jgoss Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    It was meant to be a fun post nelyon. Not a factual reference. I'm sure Mandycat could google up the studies just as well as anyone, but this was meant to be in a lighter tone. When someone asks about you vaping do you drag out copies of studies and reference materials? Or do you explain it to them in just this fashion.

4. Saddletramp1200

Saddletramp1200 Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Hold that thought, it might be important at some point, but I doubt it. I have been wrong before.

5. nelyon

nelyon New Member

Blog Posts:
    You can be lighthearted and simplistic without sounding immature. This thread just reflects poorly on the community.

joe4211 likes this.
  6. Saddletramp1200

Saddletramp1200 Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Boss I tried, But I can't polish a Turd.

MyMagicMist, joe4211, ghost62 and 2 others like this.
  7. jeremy

jeremy Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
  8. melonyk45

melonyk45

Blog Posts:
    This is a major reason why e-cigs more better than[​IMG] cigarettes.

Saddletramp1200 likes this.
  9. Lindab1284

Lindab1284 Member For 2 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Hmmmm nice once

10. VapedCrusader

VapedCrusader Custard Junkie Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I look hella cool in public.

earthtograce likes this.
  11. Celtic Fog

Celtic Fog Tir Na Nog Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Engrish? Is that an attempt at racist humor? Can we please remove his Racist comment?

drackeo, joe4211, nabibrian and 2 others like this.
  12. bbybee

bbybee Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Yes, of course. How about we go with the more accepted, 'Chinglish'. As featured in hundreds of videos in the vaping community. ;)

13. Celtic Fog

Celtic Fog Tir Na Nog Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    This is not "other" vaping communities, this is our community and it is a good one. It is full of good people of all race, religious and ethnic descent, we should hope to see it stay this way. We don't need racist young men like yourself, working against our common goal. Grow up @bbybee.

14. bbybee

bbybee Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Get over yourself.

15. ecigworldau

ecigworldau

Blog Posts:
    E-cigarettes are healthier alternative to smoking. E-cigarettes are more effective than nicotine patches and gum in helping people to quit smoking. Electronic cigarette does not contain tar or tobacco. Moreover the look and feel of this device is similar to traditional cigarette. This is one great way to quit smoking and start Vaping.

alexhenderson likes this.
  16. m3rma1d

m3rma1d Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
  17. vapin Grampa

vapin Grampa Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Gramps is officially putting on his smartass hat and glasses...

1. Have you seen some of these freakin cloud chasers? Bah, lower quantities my butt...

2. Let's not forget about all of the cigalike cartridges that are laying all over. They hurt like hell when you step on'em with bare feet.

3. OK I'll give you this one... but you do know PG is use for a lubricant for certain adult activities, right.

4. What you mean "no more yellow" you obviously have never spilled e juice on your wife beater T-shirt

5. Obviously you haven't had a mod chainfire in your pocket... Talk about smokey and bare.

6. OK... 3 months of vapin and I have 10 batteries 3 evod 2 tanks many assorted disposable cartomizers, not to mention all the juice that tastes like the south end of a north bound skunk (that I bought to try) and you wanna say CAN save me money... Ha

7. I have bad breath either way... I think it may be the onion, garlic and radish sandwiches that I'm so fond of...

8. You remember me telling you about the lube.... right?

9. Sure, you want to go vapin around all those little kids that will think it looks cool and will immediately go out and start vaping e juice with a nic content of 24..

10. I'll give ya this one. People tell me I smell like a vanilla cookie when I'm vapin.

Gramps is now taking off his smartass hat.

earthtograce, T_G, Kinser and 4 others like this.
  18. CharlesKeene

CharlesKeene New Member

Blog Posts:
    E-cigarette is the best way from staying away from smoking. Good points are mentioned here, truly going to help the newbies.

I-VANT-TO-VAPE likes this.
  19. Roger Schaeffer

Roger Schaeffer Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    1 they are not cigarettes
    2 they are not cigarettes
    3 they are not cigarettes
    4 they are not cigarettes

get where I am going with this yet seriously e-cig good cigarette bad

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  20. smokeavape

smokeavape

Blog Posts:
    The best thing is that for new smokers, if they start with portable vaporizers or e cigs over the traditional cigarettes they are less likely to get addicted and pulled into an unhealthy habit! There are many informational articles out there that you can read.

21. EthelMaltol

EthelMaltol Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Lol, Gramps! :)

22. alexhenderson

alexhenderson

Blog Posts:
    Vaping is healthier than smoking. E-Cigarettes have the potential to reduce the risk from smoking. E-cigarettes are designed and made to look like cigarettes. You can put it in your mouth, puff through, and inhale/exhale the vapor. They give you the same feeling and taste as smoking cigarettes but without the harmful ingredients.

23. Elberto34

Elberto34 New Member

Blog Posts:
    These are very useful tips and vapes are becoming more popular.

24. gcima

gcima

Blog Posts:
  25. BigNasty

BigNasty Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Fuck #6 that is the one every damned antz latches onto for taxation.

26. serenity219

serenity219 Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I recently had a slip and fall which resulted in a broken hip. When I was speaking to the surgeon before my operation he asked about smoking. I said that I had started vaping. He congratulated me on quitting smoking and pointed out that it was a healthier option as I was no longer lighting up tobacco and inhaling the smoke into my lungs. Some medical professionals do support vaping.

27. TruSound

TruSound New Member

Blog Posts:
    Here's some reasons…just to name a few.

joe4211, nabibrian, Raina and 2 others like this.
  28. Elberto34

Elberto34 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Vaping is definitely the healthier alternative. The main benefit in switching to vaping has got to be better health and longer life-expectancy.

Carhauler71 likes this.
  29. autospa

autospa New Member Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    No tar and no tobacco is enough for me.

30. richardward77

richardward77 Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Vaping is definitely a healthier option as long as your sensible and get an understanding of ohms law or it could turn into a really unhealthy option. Be safe newbies.

31. Hey! it's just Ray...

Hey! it's just Ray... Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Once 'They' get their hands in the pot they'll agree it a much safer alternative. Watch this!

32. Pauly Walnuts

Pauly Walnuts Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I about blew coffee out of my nose!!

Kinser likes this.
  33. ani1319

ani1319 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Please Quit Smoking to Save life

34. Callipleura

Callipleura New Member

Blog Posts:
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  35. Hey! it's just Ray...

Hey! it's just Ray... Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Just don't! Every day gets much easier, change up mods and tanks as needed to keep it interesting. Reward yourself as needed and after a few hundred buck you'll be in to deep to turn back or even want to.

joe4211, boriqua75 and Mykline like this.
  36. Vape Ape

Vape Ape New Member

Blog Posts:
    # They taste so good, so many flavours!

Thats gotta be in the top ten, I know it's always in my lengthy explanation in response to 'what are you smoking???!'

joe4211, Raina and Mykline like this.
  37. Raina

Raina New Member

Blog Posts:
    A guy at work asked me today, "You really like that better than cigarettes?" I just smiled and said, "What you're smoking tastes like burning leaves. What I'm smoking tastes like strawberry milk." End of conversation. :)

Oracle, joe4211 and Vape Ape like this.
  38. DJPaolo

DJPaolo New Member

Blog Posts:

Is the brand Cloupor Mini any good? best juice to try for a beginner? thank you.

39. Pauly Walnuts

Blog Posts:
    A few forum members have nicknamed it "The Grenade", if that tells you anything.

40. Pegasus Vape

Pegasus Vape VU Donator Bronze Contributor Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    @serenity219 My doctor completely supported my decision to stop smoking and start vaping too! Since then, he keeps business cards of a local shop in his office and hands them out to smokers trying to quit. Doc has mentioned many times it's the only thing that he has seen really work to get people off the stinkies! Just my two cents ;)

41. Pauly Walnuts

Blog Posts:
    I got really sick right after I made the switch to vaping. I went to the doctor and she seemed very pleased that I had quit cigs and started vaping. I found out later, that she vapes too. I saw her in a grocery store parking lot, taking a puff.

42. serenity219

Blog Posts:
    As a follow up to the fracture, I went to an osteoporosis clinic. They were not so enthusiastic about vaping or rather my continued use of nicotine liquids. I have recently decreased the amount of nicotine from 12mg to 6 or 8mg. And I will stay at that until I am ready to decrease it again. To me this is about harm reduction. This works for me. Nothing else has done so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boriqua75 likes this.
  43. Pegasus Vape

Blog Posts:
    Hey @serenity219 ,

That's great you've decreased your nicotine level to practically half! Was that drop difficult for you to do? I ask because I quickly became a 3 mg guy despite having smoked for many years @ at least 1/2 a pack a day. I suppose it was because the throat hit was so profound I didn't find it that enjoyable if it was much higher than 3 mg. And maybe it's because I can vape pretty much anywhere and much more frequently than I could with cigarettes and the good ole' "breaks" I would try and take as often as I could. Ugh, and towards the end of the stinkies, I literally had to wash my hands after every one I "snuck" because I just couldn't stand the smell anymore..... Just curious as to your and anyone else's experience in dropping the levels of nicotine and if it was difficult :)

Thanks in advance for sharing:D

44. Satchvai

Satchvai VU Donator Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I went down to 3mg after about six weeks. I purchased a sub-ohm tank early on and that helped cut nic levels down significantly. When I went to dripping, I dripped 6mg one time and that was enough! Have been at 3mg or less for the last couple months and have had no problems. One thing I found that encouraged me to drop nic level was, to my tastebuds, juice tasted better. Spending a lot of money on premium juices the first couple months definitely contributed to me enjoying their flavor more. I now DIY and still keep my mixes at 3mg or below.

boriqua75 and Pegasus Vape like this.
  45. Pegasus Vape

Blog Posts:
    Hey @Satchvai !

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate you sharing your experience; mine is pretty much identical. Especially in regards to the taste of the actual e-liquid....when I first started I was on the 18 mg but once I got out of the ego/kanger level and advanced to Sub-ohm, I went straight down to 3 mg fast!. Frankly, it was just too much at any other level than 3 because the throat hit was too searing. Flavors definitely seem more pronounced at lower levels of nicotine!

Thanks again for the response Satchvai!

Best,

boriqua75 likes this.
  46. boriqua75

boriqua75 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Wish my doc was supportive. ..haven't found one yet. But I'm a nurse and understand and see everyday the damage the nasties do to lung tissue. .. I started vaping 2 yrs ago but have dipped into ciggs. With a most recent slip I realizes enough was enough. .I chose to dive head first into vaping, got educated, got my first eleaf Istick 50w and I'm hooked!!!! So much more fun than smoking, equipment to learn, science to learn and bomb as flavors to boot!!!! *dropsmic*

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Ps, I went from 20mg nice on an ego twist to 3mg on the Istick 50... sub ohm... and it is awesome! !!!!!

47. serenity219

Blog Posts:
    I definitely vaped more for the first couple weeks but it levelled off. I had no real issues with decreasing the nicotine level. I don't know if or when I will attempt another decrease. I started vaping to stop smoking and to me continued use of some nicotine prevents me from taking up smoking again. I am also in the process of cutting down on caffeine as it prevents calcium absorption. Definitely not attempting to do both at once!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48. smoke free vapor

smoke free vapor New Member

Blog Posts:
    One more point I would like to add is on the impact of traditional cigarettes on society. Over the years the traditional cigarettes have negative view in society for the reasons based on the health, smell, costs. Certain restrictions are there on the public places on smoking. So in these cases smoking traditional cigarettes are impacting negatively on the society.

49. HazeKraze

HazeKraze VU Vendor VU Vendor New Member

Blog Posts:
    Nice info. Though it's an old post but worth reading. Can I add something ? E cigarette doesn't have those more than 4000 chemicals, about 50 of which are carcinogenic that cause cancer o_O:eek:

50. ren.dnb

ren.dnb New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yeah the health benefits are just night and day. I hate when I'm at work and I go outside to vape and co-workers try to tell me "you know its still the same as smoking..." Man!! That really pisses me off when people do that shit. I just say to them "BULLSHIT! AND SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH!" Then I share with them how my health has turned around since I started vaping, and I wish a year ago I had quit and went all vape before. I was diagnosed with bronchitis that wouldn't go away. The doc I saw tried to pin it down as chronic bronchitis or COPD. I didn't quit smoking as I didn't feel it was fair that my wife could smoke all she wanted and I was left with a damn respiratory issue. I was put on Advair twice a day and a rescue inhaler which I would use 6 - 8 times a day.

44 days after I've quite smoking and gone 100% vape, I'm weening myself off the Advair (that shit fucked me up more than smoking and wasn't necessary); I'm down to 1 puff a day of that and hopefully next week I'll have the balls to go once every other day with it. I use my rescue inhaler only once a day. I read some bad shit about Advair that the samburterol in it will cause your airway to tense up and constrict more if you don't use it or stop immediately. That scared me... I'd rather be on my vaporizer for the rest of my life than some jacked up steroid that could potentially cause me more serious problems. But, it sure is nice to wake up from a nap and not feel like I'm about to die fumbling around for my rescue inhaler, or wake up first thing in the morning with the same feeling.

Now I just have to get my wife to quit... thats a completely different story.

vapingfan likes this.