Become a Patron!

Torn between Wismec RX300 & G-Priv

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok boys I think you have taken her post off track enough..

Now back to which mod to get. I don't like either choice, the 300RX is way to big and touch screens have no place for me on a mod.
If I was to choose 1 must have mod it would be the Hcigar DNA250 it is the perfect combo of power, battery life and comfort in your hand. I know it's a little bit more money but it's worth it. It is still on sale at Gearbest for 109 free shipping I know shipping takes a while but it is worth it.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ok boys I think you have taken her post off track enough..

Now back to which mod to get. I don't like either choice, the 300RX is way to big and touch screens have no place for me on a mod.
If I was to choose 1 must have mod it would be the Hcigar DNA250 it is the perfect combo of power, battery life and comfort in your hand. I know it's a little bit more money but it's worth it. It is still on sale at Gearbest for 109 free shipping I know shipping takes a while but it is worth it.
the VT250? it's the worst of the bunch. if you were gonna go that route I'd personally recommend the finder or triad 250. But I think it's overkill
unless you really meant the VT167 which is a nice choice, as is the finder 167 and therion 167 but we'd have to know if OP has a windows PC and is willing to program it in escribe off chip

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Worse as in how.
build quality and design.
All the reviewers I've seen really haven't been happy with it. It was enough to sway me away form it. I'm happy with my triad for sure and am planning on getting the finder as well. Plus it's pretty dam ugly. i forgot who said it looks like a butt plug but I was dying laughing when they said that cause it's pretty true.

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well the few people I know who have it love it. The only reviewer I trust is Scuba because he tells it how it is and pays for his shit and he loves it. Which is good enough for me.
Oh by the way loved your sig 213 plus video

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Well the few people I know who have it love it. The only reviewer I trust is Scuba because he tells it how it is and pays for his shit and he loves it. Which is good enough for me.
Oh by the way loved your sig 213 plus video
Thanks! i never heard of scuba. I'll check him out for sure.
For the record i also pay for all my shit and tell it like it is too. with testing! ;)
Well except the few items i won in a contest but same shit. Just finished my maxo testing last night so I should have tech reviews of the maxo and battlestar up this month

Burke

Member For 4 Years
What kind of batteries were you using in the RX? What was your usual wattage and ohm's ? I ask because I can get at least a day out of mine vaping at 66-88 watts on a .15 or above.

Were you using a separate charger or through the USB? Sorry for the barrage of questions, just curious...

btw - Lost vape makes some really nice stuff but it uses a DNA chip and has a fatal flaw built into the board. Once you've starting using one, nothing else will compare, especially if you like temp control.
What would that fatal flaw be?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude where are you getting this from? Just cause the board says 200 watts doesn't mean it actually does that. The board lies. That's the point.

I have a tfv8 with the t-10 coils. I have about 40 mods and 60 atomizers. If u too a second to see the vids I have on YouTube you would know that.

So again my question is how do u figure you are getting 200 watts? What test? What equipment?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yeah Sigelei are shady lying assholes who false advertise then threaten legal action against anyone who points out the flaws in the shit they market. Fuck them, they used to put out great gear and since they've gotten big they've turned into lying pricks who churn out shit.

BTW I picked up the Smoant Battlestar for a mobile build/cleaning deck and it's an excellent Mod. For anyone looking for a solid 2 battery regulated Mod it's one of the best. Friends at my local Vape Shop have the Reuleaux 2/3 and the Battlestar is much better quality and a hell of a lot more solid. Hell he's on his 3rd 2/3 and he doesn't abuse his mod's, the 2/3 is a real piece of shit.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeah Sigelei are shady lying assholes who false advertise then threaten legal action against anyone who points out the flaws in the shit they market. Fuck them, they used to put out great gear and since they've gotten big they've turned into lying pricks who churn out shit.

BTW I picked up the Smoant Battlestar for a mobile build/cleaning deck and it's an excellent Mod. For anyone looking for a solid 2 battery regulated Mod it's one of the best. Friends at my local Vape Shop have the Reuleaux 2/3 and the Battlestar is much better quality and a hell of a lot more solid. Hell he's on his 3rd 2/3 and he doesn't abuse his mod's, the 2/3 is a real piece of shit.
LMAO love the battlestar. really underrated mod. makes me want to get the new smoant one coming out too.
I also have a kaos spectrum arriving tomorrow (if tracking isn't lying) so I'll see if it fares any better :)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed, however from what I've been reading it got a little heated... I can't figure out where it went sideways... I guess it's not for me to understand
You just have to remember everyone has their opinion and some are more passionate than others about it. Like anything (especially on the net) take all as a grain of salt, do your investigation, decide on what you want and then go with it.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LMAO love the battlestar. really underrated mod. makes me want to get the new smoant one coming out too.
I also have a kaos spectrum arriving tomorrow (if tracking isn't lying) so I'll see if it fares any better :)
Love the way it's constructed, simplicity of it is it's elegance. I honestly feel I can chuck it across the room, bean a "Clouds Bro" on the side of the head with it and then just pick it up and Vape it like nothing happened ;)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
You just have to remember everyone has their opinion and some are more passionate than others about it. Like anything (especially on the net) take all as a grain of salt, do your investigation, decide on what you want and then go with it.
this^

which is why this is a great pace to be. lots of knowledgeable posters with good opinions. even if they differ at times ;) just gives you more stuff to look at that way ;)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Love the way it's constructed, simplicity of it is it's elegance. I honestly feel I can chuck it across the room, bean a "Clouds Bro" on the side of the head with it and then just pick it up and Vape it like nothing happened ;)
pretty much. the whole casing is solid as fuck. the board is really nicely done with thick wire and good soldering and some hot glue to keep wires in place. the 510 is a really nice assembly too and works great. and the pain on them is really good

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
pretty much. the whole casing is solid as fuck. the board is really nicely done with thick wire and good soldering and some hot glue to keep wires in place. the 510 is a really nice assembly too and works great. and the pain on them is really good
Yep, unlike the Reuleaux that has cheap ass thin wires, shitty 510 pin and shitty battery door. JoyTech products suck, they go cheap where they don't have to just to save a few pennies. Nice design but they fuck it up with where they cut corners that they don't need to.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yep, unlike the Reuleaux that has cheap ass thin wires, shitty 510 pin and shitty battery door. JoyTech products suck, they go cheap where they don't have to just to save a few pennies. Nice design but they fuck it up with where they cut corners that they don't need to.
I could see a zenith in your future ;)
I've only had it for a day but it's solid as fuck, no screen to worry about breaking and feels real good with a good paint job. I know your not big on the regulated mods but for 30 bucks it would make a nice 3 battery beater

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've only had it for a day but it's solid as fuck, no screen to worry about breaking and feels real good with a good paint job. I know your not big on the regulated mods but for 30 bucks it would make a nice 3 battery beater
It makes a good mobile build/cleaning deck for Atty's destined for my Mech's ;)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Zenith was when I tried my first Mech, funny how I once said I'd never ever touch one. But hey, the FDA and Government changed all that. I guess I should thank them but I don't want to soil myself ya know.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
My Zenith was when I tried my first Mech, funny how I once said I'd never ever touch one. But hey, the FDA and Government changed all that. I guess I should thank them but I don't want to soil myself ya know.
Oh i mean the ijoy zenith lol

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have not had the experience with mods that most of you have. I have only owned smok regulated mods to this point. I have had the nano one, cube II, alien and now the g-priv. I never thought a touchscreen was necessary on a mod either.

But, after owning the g-priv I have no complaints about it. The screen is almost never on for me. You can easily disable the input and keep the screen off while vaping. I feel smok did a great move with the touchscreen interface. I absolutely love the feel of this mod and am happy with the weight. I prefer a little heft with devices in hand.

I just ordered an ijoy lux so I can use a .08 ohm coil setup in wattage mode. I should be getting it tomorrow. I do have large hands so big mods don't scare me any more than big smartphones.

I guess the bottom line for me is to consider what's most important and base your decision on the compromises you can live with. There is no perfect device. If style is important I feel it's hard to beat the g-priv for the price. People who don't even vape always think I paid a fortune for the g-priv. I did not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, and sirrichard, I enjoy all your videos and reviews. They have been very helpful to me.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Vinyasaflowgirl , have you purchased a new mod/tank yet? If I were to offer a suggestion it might be Smok Alien Kit or Smok Marshall G320 Kit if you would like to use a baby beast coil. If you really would like to stick with the TFV8 type coils I might suggest getting a Smoant Battlestar and a Sense Blazer 200 Tank which is cross compatible with the TFV8 coils. Good luck!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I have not had the experience with mods that most of you have. I have only owned smok regulated mods to this point. I have had the nano one, cube II, alien and now the g-priv. I never thought a touchscreen was necessary on a mod either.

But, after owning the g-priv I have no complaints about it. The screen is almost never on for me. You can easily disable the input and keep the screen off while vaping. I feel smok did a great move with the touchscreen interface. I absolutely love the feel of this mod and am happy with the weight. I prefer a little heft with devices in hand.

I just ordered an ijoy lux so I can use a .08 ohm coil setup in wattage mode. I should be getting it tomorrow. I do have large hands so big mods don't scare me any more than big smartphones.

I guess the bottom line for me is to consider what's most important and base your decision on the compromises you can live with. There is no perfect device. If style is important I feel it's hard to beat the g-priv for the price. People who don't even vape always think I paid a fortune for the g-priv. I did not.

Great post!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Oh, and sirrichard, I enjoy all your videos and reviews. They have been very helpful to me.

Thanks! Glad I could help

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad I found this forum and watched your videos. Helped explain a few things I was unclear about. Especially related to batteries. I am big into car audio so the ohms portion is simple. But understanding the load on the batteries helped me decide to get the ijoy lux for my lower ohm coils.

Anyway, don't want to go too far off topic.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Glad I found this forum and watched your videos. Helped explain a few things I was unclear about. Especially related to batteries. I am not into car audio so the ohms portion is simple. But understanding the load on the batteries helped me decide to get the ijoy lux for my lower ohm coils.

Anyway, don't want to go too far off topic.

It's a great place to be. Glad u joined

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
  • Of all the quad mods currently out there, the RX300 has the best battery door and battery compartment
  • The 510 pin on the RX300 has been redesigned compared to older models that were known to have problems, and anyone who disputes this is just being totally misinformed
  • Overall build quality of the RX300 is high above average in this particular price range, and it's actually pretty solid throughout
  • Performance wise the RX300 is great for this kind of a mod and as long as you don't expect it to be better than a $525 mech.
  • About all the comments reviewers have been having about the form factor, just go ahead and read my sig :D

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
  • Of all the quad mods currently out there, the RX300 has the best battery door and battery compartment
  • The 510 pin on the RX300 has been redesigned compared to older models that were known to have problems, and anyone who disputes this is just being totally misinformed
  • Overall build quality of the RX300 is high above average in this particular price range, and it's actually pretty solid throughout
  • Performance wise the RX300 is great for this kind of a mod and as long as you don't expect it to be better than a $525 mech.
  • About all the comments reviewers have been having about the form factor, just go ahead and read my sig :D
1) i agree on the battery door
2) redesigned? maybe. Fixed? not at all. i point out how to tell the bad ones if it has the bolt like shape (wide on the top then thinner on the shaft) it's gonna be a bad one. the positive wire is soldered directly into the 510 pin and putting your atty on it bends the wire (also for the record i got the "check atomizer message" quote a few times with my TFV12. annoying enough that i stopped using it on it)
3) build quality is good for sure. it feels heavy and solid but looks cheap except the carbon fiber version which loks much better IMO
4) watt mode is inconsistent at high watts sometimes 30 watts off. but under 150 watts it performs good
5) TC is just passable, i get more into details in the review. while I don't like the form factor it wasn't the reason for giving it a thumbs down :)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Just to be curious, I am vaping my RX300 at 150 watts just like you said in your review. Surprise surprise... it isn't getting hot, even though my RDA is.
mine did for sure. noticeably more so then the other mods. especially when testing which i tested it right after the G320 and right before the gclass. both the gclass and g320 were much cooler to the touch then the RX300. maybe it just feels normal to you or you are used to it? but side by side it runs noticeably warmer then other mods. enough that it was worth a mention.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
1) i agree on the battery door
2) redesigned? maybe. Fixed? not at all. i point out how to tell the bad ones if it has the bolt like shape (wide on the top then thinner on the shaft) it's gonna be a bad one. the positive wire is soldered directly into the 510 pin and putting your atty on it bends the wire (also for the record i got the "check atomizer message" quote a few times with my TFV12. annoying enough that i stopped using it on it)
3) build quality is good for sure. it feels heavy and solid but looks cheap except the carbon fiber version which loks much better IMO
4) watt mode is inconsistent at high watts sometimes 30 watts off. but under 150 watts it performs good
5) TC is just passable, i get more into details in the review. while I don't like the form factor it wasn't the reason for giving it a thumbs down :)
2) It is spring loaded so it doesn't bend the wire by any significant amount that people should worry about. On older models (and this also includes the RX2/3) the way it is attached to the top of the mod on the inside of the mod's enclosure is flimsy, and if you put an atomizer on it that has a long pin the connector gets pushed down too far so it gets stuck in there and it doesn't move back up. There is a video on youtube that shows how to use a dremel to replace it with a better one, but... for reasons that are obvious, this rebuilding technique is not intended for everyone and in fact doing so might interfere with the safety of the mod. Also with the older models, some atomizers don't sit flush, and or they wiggle. However, none of the problems I just described exist with the RX300 that I was able to tell, and so Wismec did fix those after all, or you have a faulty mod. (Which, seeing as your mod does get hot whilst vaping it at 150 watts, you probably should have checked first.)
3) I got the carbon black. It's not as pretty as a Purge Mods Maelstrom..........
4) I haven't experienced this problem on mine. Verify that yours isn't faulty, and do so for your own safety (or diss it entirely if you haven't already, since you don't seem to appreciate the mod... or don't seem to want to appreciate it...).
5) I don't use TC mode, but several many other reviews are being much more positive about it than yours. Again, a faulty mod might explain why.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
mine did for sure. noticeably more so then the other mods. especially when testing which i tested it right after the G320 and right before the gclass. both the gclass and g320 were much cooler to the touch then the RX300. maybe it just feels normal to you or you are used to it? but side by side it runs noticeably warmer then other mods. enough that it was worth a mention.
The metal enclosure gets a few degrees warmer than the palm of my hand if I keep on chain vaping. That's only when my 25mm Troll RDA 2 gets so freaking hot that it's got barely any flavor left in it anyway in the first place so the temperature of my RX300 is definitely not a concern, and, in my RX2/3 whilst using three VTC5A batteries at such high wattages the batteries do get noticeably warm (whereas with four of these same batteries in my RX300, the batteries remain cool to the touch).

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
2) It is spring loaded so it doesn't bend the wire by any significant amount that people should worry about. On older models (and this also includes the RX2/3) the way it is attached to the top of the mod on the inside of the mod's enclosure is flimsy, and if you put an atomizer on it that has a long pin the connector gets pushed down too far so it gets stuck in there and it doesn't move back up. There is a video on youtube that shows how to use a dremel to replace it with a better one, but... for reasons that are obvious, this rebuilding technique is not intended for everyone and in fact doing so might interfere with the safety of the mod. Also with the older models, some atomizers don't sit flush, and or they wiggle. However, none of the problems I just described exist with the RX300 that I was able to tell, and so Wismec did fix those after all, or you have a faulty mod. (Which, seeing as your mod does get hot whilst vaping it at 150 watts, you probably should have checked first.)
3) I got the carbon black. It's not as pretty as a Purge Mods Maelstrom..........
4) I haven't experienced this problem on mine. Verify that yours isn't faulty, and do so for your own safety (or diss it entirely if you haven't already, since you don't seem to appreciate the mod... or don't seem to want to appreciate it...).
5) I don't use TC mode, but several many other reviews are being much more positive about it than yours. Again, a faulty mod might explain why.
2) it's not spring loaded like you think. the spring is on the outside of the mod so the wire bends every time the 510 is depressed in. the only positive is they gave the wire some slack (unlike the hedron) i seen a guy who's 510 popped all the way out with the wire still connected but over time bending a wire up and down will cause it to break. maybe it's an improvement over the old style, but it's still not as good as the other companies. and the fact it threw up the check atomizer with my TFV12 several times in "real world usage" is a big no-no in my book. Of course you are welcome to have a differing opinion on it but if my brand new mod is the only one to throw up check atomzer on my tank and none of my other 50 or so mods do, well thats not a good sign in my book
3) from the pics, the carbon does seem to look much better. I don't like the cheap leather stickers on the regular. its the same sticker as the kaos and the primo. I don't get why they do it. it would have been better just plan. but looks are pretty dam subjective
4) how can you verify such? did you hook it up to an oscillocope and test it at 300 watts? and 250 watts? and 200 watts? cause I did and that's where i get it from. You wouldn't know simply by vaping. It reminds of of a comment i seen a while ago, where someone said they liked the fuchai more then the alien because the alien at 100 watts was hitting too hard, but the reality was he was used to the fuchai hitting weak so when he really had 100 watts he thought it was higher. without proper testing and equipment how do you know what yours is actually firing at? And no i didn't diss the mod. it'll sit in my collection and i'll use it time to time as a beater mod if i need good battery life or what not. I like to have variety and I know not every mod is going to be the best. I just do my best to provide information for people to make informed purchasing decisions. now that doesn't mean you can't personally like the mod. as far as trying to claim I don't want to like the mod, that makes no sense. I could care less. i have 50 some odd mods from every manufacturer out there pretty much. smok, ijoy, fsk, dna, yihi, wismec, joyetech, eleaf, smoant, liasmo, sigelei, and I'm sure I'm missing some as well. I don't hold any allegiance to anything. That type of mentality never makes any sense to me. results are what they are.
5) it's passable as i said. it's better then the G320 for sure. and it wouldn't be fair to compare it to the FSK, yihi, or DNA chips obviously but plenty of budget mods like the battlestar and snow wolf 200 plus do a great job at temp control. I didn't say it was terrible i said it was not a very good vape but it works. compared to the G320 or fuchai 213 plus that didn't work at all. As far as other reviewers go, thats why i started my channel. outside of 3 people i know of, none of the other hundreds of reviewers do any testing on the mods themselves. most of them especially the big ones are getting tons of stuff every day and kicking out videos everyday. they do it for a living. they don't use stuff thoroughly or test it or keep it. they didn't spend their money in it either. they get it, use it real quick chuck up a vid and move onto the next one. their JOB is to sell items and advertise. these companies are in a sense their BOSS. If my boss asks me to do something I would do it, so I don't blame them but clearly it's not in their best interest to give a poor review. If many of them were more honest I wouldn't have even started doing this. I just got sick of over hyped crap and wasted money and not having a trusted source to look at really. Sure there are a few reviewers I like and trust but they are few and far between. So in the end would you believe something that isn't tested and is all personal opinion and they have monetary gain, or an actual consumer spending their money testing a device and providing the results? I think the choice is pretty obvious.

In the end, it's your money and do what you want. And if you like the device enjoy it and don't let my opinion or testing ruin that. I'm just providing info and what people choose to do with it is their prerogative.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The metal enclosure gets a few degrees warmer than the palm of my hand if I keep on chain vaping. That's only when my 25mm Troll RDA 2 gets so freaking hot that it's got barely any flavor left in it anyway in the first place so the temperature of my RX300 is definitely not a concern, and, in my RX2/3 whilst using three VTC5A batteries at such high wattages the batteries do get noticeably warm (whereas with four of these same batteries in my RX300, the batteries remain cool to the touch).
the batteries didn't get hot. just the mod itself. i could feel the chip being warm through the mod. the batteries were still cool to the touch. i did most of my usage with the TFV12 until it decided it didn't like to work with it and then switched it off between a few other attys. i can't remember which ones in full but i did use the troll RTA and EXO XL for sure.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You finally got that Zenith :) Isn't it a bad muthafucka !? :D

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
You finally got that Zenith :) Isn't it a bad muthafucka !? :D

Finally and yeah it's pretty awesome.
de798d77689e301c74b9c01f418a155f.jpg

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
2) it's not spring loaded like you think. the spring is on the outside of the mod so the wire bends every time the 510 is depressed in. the only positive is they gave the wire some slack (unlike the hedron) i seen a guy who's 510 popped all the way out with the wire still connected but over time bending a wire up and down will cause it to break. maybe it's an improvement over the old style, but it's still not as good as the other companies. and the fact it threw up the check atomizer with my TFV12 several times in "real world usage" is a big no-no in my book. Of course you are welcome to have a differing opinion on it but if my brand new mod is the only one to throw up check atomzer on my tank and none of my other 50 or so mods do, well thats not a good sign in my book
3) from the pics, the carbon does seem to look much better. I don't like the cheap leather stickers on the regular. its the same sticker as the kaos and the primo. I don't get why they do it. it would have been better just plan. but looks are pretty dam subjective
4) how can you verify such? did you hook it up to an oscillocope and test it at 300 watts? and 250 watts? and 200 watts? cause I did and that's where i get it from. You wouldn't know simply by vaping. It reminds of of a comment i seen a while ago, where someone said they liked the fuchai more then the alien because the alien at 100 watts was hitting too hard, but the reality was he was used to the fuchai hitting weak so when he really had 100 watts he thought it was higher. without proper testing and equipment how do you know what yours is actually firing at? And no i didn't diss the mod. it'll sit in my collection and i'll use it time to time as a beater mod if i need good battery life or what not. I like to have variety and I know not every mod is going to be the best. I just do my best to provide information for people to make informed purchasing decisions. now that doesn't mean you can't personally like the mod. as far as trying to claim I don't want to like the mod, that makes no sense. I could care less. i have 50 some odd mods from every manufacturer out there pretty much. smok, ijoy, fsk, dna, yihi, wismec, joyetech, eleaf, smoant, liasmo, sigelei, and I'm sure I'm missing some as well. I don't hold any allegiance to anything. That type of mentality never makes any sense to me. results are what they are.
5) it's passable as i said. it's better then the G320 for sure. and it wouldn't be fair to compare it to the FSK, yihi, or DNA chips obviously but plenty of budget mods like the battlestar and snow wolf 200 plus do a great job at temp control. I didn't say it was terrible i said it was not a very good vape but it works. compared to the G320 or fuchai 213 plus that didn't work at all. As far as other reviewers go, thats why i started my channel. outside of 3 people i know of, none of the other hundreds of reviewers do any testing on the mods themselves. most of them especially the big ones are getting tons of stuff every day and kicking out videos everyday. they do it for a living. they don't use stuff thoroughly or test it or keep it. they didn't spend their money in it either. they get it, use it real quick chuck up a vid and move onto the next one. their JOB is to sell items and advertise. these companies are in a sense their BOSS. If my boss asks me to do something I would do it, so I don't blame them but clearly it's not in their best interest to give a poor review. If many of them were more honest I wouldn't have even started doing this. I just got sick of over hyped crap and wasted money and not having a trusted source to look at really. Sure there are a few reviewers I like and trust but they are few and far between. So in the end would you believe something that isn't tested and is all personal opinion and they have monetary gain, or an actual consumer spending their money testing a device and providing the results? I think the choice is pretty obvious.

In the end, it's your money and do what you want. And if you like the device enjoy it and don't let my opinion or testing ruin that. I'm just providing info and what people choose to do with it is their prerogative.
The improvement of the 510 is much bigger than you think, and like I said it isn't something people should worry about. Describing it as "bad" is simply not being very realistic, especially not when considering the price range we are talking about. There are a ton of other reviews of the RX300 out there that already confirm this. This also includes the review that was broadcasted on Vaping Underground Live, that was almost two weeks ago, as they also have found nothing wrong with it. For this and various other reasons, you leave me no choice but to give your review a major thumbs down. The quality of the 510 on the RX300 is decent, although not as good as on the Predator. This is NOT called my own personal opinion. Rather, it is called common sense, plain and simple. Sorry. Like I said I don't use temp control so I couldn't give two hoots about mods that offer better temp control. So my other point is you are telling people not to buy the RX300 regardless of whether they factually want TC or not, and so the list continues. One thing to understand about testing is you aren't giving details on what testing method was used. Just because a mod overshoots at a certain resistance at higher wattages doesn't make it bad. I could go on, but I think I already explained it enough.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
the batteries didn't get hot. just the mod itself. i could feel the chip being warm through the mod. the batteries were still cool to the touch. i did most of my usage with the TFV12 until it decided it didn't like to work with it and then switched it off between a few other attys. i can't remember which ones in full but i did use the troll RTA and EXO XL for sure.
One minute you are saying it gets hot, the next you are saying it only gets warm.

VU Sponsors