Become a Patron!

Torn between Wismec RX300 & G-Priv

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He did a review on his own dime and time. If you don't agree with his assessment move on to a review you do agree with. Arguing tit for tat is pointless. Did the other reviews provide in depth testing of the device or were they all pure opinion. I say take two or three that did at least as much testing as he did and average it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The improvement of the 510 is much bigger than you think, and like I said it isn't something people should worry about. Describing it as "bad" is simply not being very realistic, especially not when considering the price range we are talking about. There are a ton of other reviews of the RX300 out there that already confirm this. This also includes the review that was broadcasted on Vaping Underground Live, that was almost two weeks ago, as they also have found nothing wrong with it. For this and various other reasons, you leave me no choice but to give your review a major thumbs down. The quality of the 510 on the RX300 is decent, although not as good as on the Predator. This is NOT called my own personal opinion. Rather, it is called common sense, plain and simple. Sorry. Like I said I don't use temp control so I couldn't give two hoots about mods that offer better temp control. So my other point is you are telling people not to buy the RX300 regardless of whether they factually want TC or not, and so the list continues. One thing to understand about testing is you aren't giving details on what testing method was used. Just because a mod overshoots at a certain resistance at higher wattages doesn't make it bad. I could go on, but I think I already explained it enough.
Your entitled to your opinion and to give me a thumbs down. I always welcome feedback and always willing to explain myself for those that listen.

A chain is only as good as it's weakest link. At any price a bad 510 can make the mod unusable. Comparing it to that of other mods it's still the worst out of all the ones I own. Trust me I know I'll get shit for bad reviews it's part of the territory. Shit from sig fans for my 213 plus review shit from wismec fans for my rx review it's part of doing reviews it opens you up for scrutiny and I'm ok with that. I choose not to put my name on a sub par product doesn't mean others can't find it acceptable.

I know nothing will be 100% accurate even 500 dollar fluke meters need to be calibrated every few years so expecting a mod to be dead on accurate that's 40 bucks is unrealistic. But there is a point where 1 performs worse then the rest and I owe it to myself and my small subscriber base to mention it and point it out.

At the end of the day I'm just one opinion in a sea of them, I don't feel like mine should be over valued compared to other vapors. We all have good opinions and different experiences. But some people are fans of certain products and tend to be more kind to them and harsher on others. I can assure you I don't do that, I'm just more brutally honest and a little less forgiving then others. But I'm also reasonable as well. For instance the snow wolf plus is supposed to be 230 watts but tops out at 200. I still gave it a thumbs up because 200 is pretty close and good enough and the temp control is way above par for the price point. But the fuchai 213 plus I couldn't because it topped out around 150 and the temp control wasn't even usable.

I have no issue revisiting something in my review I want to make sure my info is accurate.

And fwiw djl had it off as much as 25 watts as well and he uses an average of 6 tests iirc. For me I do 3 second tests until I get 3 in a row to be consistent. Most mods do it in 3-4 tests for the rd I had to do 8-9 IIRC in order to get a decent result of 3 that were close to each other hence why I said it's very inconsistent. And far as testing goes I did it the same way as the g class at the same time and the g class was the most consistent and accurate mod I've tested to date so if my equipment or procedure was off then no way would I have gotten the results from the g class I got.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
He did a review on his own dime and time. If you don't agree with his assessment move on to a review you do agree with. Arguing tit for tat is pointless. Did the other reviews provide in depth testing of the device or were they all pure opinion. I say take two or three that did at least as much testing as he did and average it out.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

It's not called arguing, but rather, it is called handing out useful information. Get it? ;)

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
...which is PRECISELY what I did.
Useful is a matter of opinion. If you truly just want to share information you would say your piece and move on. Now you are arguing with me over arguing.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
One minute you are saying it gets hot, the next you are saying it only gets warm.
Well I don't have a definition of hot and warm. And I didn't measure the actual temp but when I have 3 mods at 150 and 2 are cool to the touch and the other isn't then I call it hot. I mean it's not gonna burn you but it's noticible. Same way I say the tfv12 gets hot I can still touch it and not get burned but it's noticbly warm. At this point it's semantics

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I definitely don't want this to be an argument. I'm always open to feedback and don't want to see the thread derailed.

To @fraleywp point I provided results, djlsb also had the mod as much as 25 watts off as well. As far as I know nobody else tested it. I also explained what I do and what I believe djl does as well. I'm always open to suggestions and feedback but the reality is like I said before people will make a point about shitting on a review if they don't agree. I'm not gonna be a circle jerk fanboy hype reviewer. No way no how. I'm gonna be brutally honest. But also fair. Literally minutes after I did this review someone on Twitter shit on me. A guy who does nothing but post wrestling and college football stuff. Said I need to quit or take notes from a real reviewer like rip trippers. I almost shit myself laughing.

That's all part of it. He'll djl almost got sued by sigelei, got shit thrown at him from arctic dolphin but in the end he was still right and stood his ground. At the end of the day numbers don't lie and all I can say for certain is the results are accurate and I have nothing to gain either way from saying something is good or bad.

In a world where everyone has an angle or something to gain i dont. Hence the reason I started this. Do u know the history of giantbomb? And how it started? Read that and then tell me why "other reviwers" should be considered better

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Useful is a matter of opinion. If you truly just want to share information you would say your piece and move on. Now you are arguing with me over arguing.

I already tried to point out there are a shit ton of people out there who share my opinion. If that's not useful, then to be HONEST, I don't know what is, and, your starting off an argument and then telling me to move on isn't helping this already derailed thread get back on track, either.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I already tried to point out there are a shit ton of people out there who share my opinion. If that's not useful, then to be HONEST, I don't know what is, and, your starting off an argument and then telling me to move on isn't helping this already derailed thread get back on track, either.
There are also a shit ton of people who said the rx200 etc had good 510 pins as well. And a shit ton of people that have the opinion the world is flat, the moon landing was faked, 9-11 was an inside job etc etc.

Just because a bunch of people share a comment thought doesn't mean it's sensible. Not to mention people never like feeling they purchased a bad product and people like believing everything they own is the best and whatever they don't sucks. Wismec/joyetech have the most mods sold over the past 2 years so of course they have fans that will look past issues. Like how Cleveland browns fans still believe their team will be good every year lol.

It reminds me of this

Which that scene cracked me up pretty good. The idea that many share a same thought without proof is what religions and cults are built on. Not that there is anything wrong with religion but I'm more a fan if science and data and facts. Hence why I like reviewing mods more then attys because it's less opinion more factual

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There are also a shit ton of people who said the rx200 etc had good 510 pins as well.
If you scroll up you will notice I already described problems with the 510 on older models. So what exactly are you trying to prove here?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
If you scroll up you will notice I already described problems with the 510 on older models. So what exactly are you trying to prove here?
The point that because a bunch of people say something doesn't make it true. Which seems to be your only stance that a bunch if other people agree with you. I made several well thought out posts with points and explanations. Feel free to rebuttal if you wish since that's what you said you wanted. But seems like you ignored all those ones?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The point that because a bunch of people say something doesn't make it true.
Similarly, just because you say the 510 on the RX300 is still garbage as opposed to it being reasonable quality considering the pricing on this mod doesn't make it true. Circular debate is circular.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Similarly, just because you say the 510 on the RX300 is still garbage as opposed to it being reasonable quality considering the pricing on this mod doesn't make it true. Circular debate is circular.
Except I explained exactly why I felt that way. And you've still ignored 95% of my responses which just leads me to believe you have no reasonable rebuttal.

You didn't give any reason to anything other then lots of people say the same as you. That's what people who believe in Scientology do

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Except I explained exactly why I felt that way. And you've still ignored 95% of my responses which just leads me to believe you have no reasonable rebuttal.

You didn't give any reason to anything other then lots of people say the same as you. That's what people who believe in Scientology do

Except I explained exactly why your feeling that way doesn't mean others should feel that way. And even if the wire does break off I have my RX2/3 as backup, and by the time the metal fatigue of the wire kicks in I will have bought a new shiny or two or three (or four) because a lot of people on here feel that I will so I'm not too worried.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Except I explained exactly why your feeling that way doesn't mean others should feel that way. And even if the wire does break off I have my RX2/3 as backup, and by the time the metal fatigue of the wire kicks in I will have bought a new shiny or two or three (or four) because a lot of people on here feel that I will so I'm not too worried.
That's fine for you. What about people who don't have the budget to replace a mod every 6 months and rely on their 1 mod for years to keep off smoking? If I had to pick 1 mod only to have for a while and rely on it I wouldn't feel good with the rx300.

And you still haven't responded to any of my counter points or why u believe that design is ok. All you do was admit I'm right but say it's ok cause you'll replace it

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's fine for you. What about people who don't have the budget to replace a mod every 6 months and rely on their 1 mod for years to keep off smoking? If I had to pick 1 mod only to have for a while and rely on it I wouldn't feel good with the rx300.

And you still haven't responded to any of my counter points or why u believe that design is ok. All you do was admit I'm right but say it's ok cause you'll replace it

Now you are just assuming that there's a reasonable chance the wire actually will break off faster than most people buy new mods. Having an affordable mod and yet another affordable mod as backup is what I'll rely on to keep off smoking because telling people to rely on just 1 mod for years is horrific advice. I don't care if the 510 is made from unobtanium.

As for my reasons why I believe the design is OK, it's simply because I haven't seen reliable evidence in support of the contrary. I never admitted you are right, as that would be admitting a person badmouthing a product and especially badmouthing other reviewers is right, i.e., it would be double wrong.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Now you are just assuming that there's a reasonable chance the wire actually will break off faster than most people buy new mods. Having an affordable mod and yet another affordable mod as backup is what I'll rely on to keep off smoking because telling people to rely on just 1 mod for years is horrific advice. I don't care if the 510 is made from unobtanium.

As for my reasons why I believe the design is OK, it's simply because I haven't seen reliable evidence in support of the contrary. I never admitted you are right, as that would be admitting a person badmouthing a product and especially badmouthing other reviewers is right, i.e., it would be double wrong.
Well until you respond to me rebuttals earlier I really have nothing left to say. It's not just about breaking it's about stability as well. Most people don't work around electricity enough to have a healthy fear of it. I've seen smart people think something is "ok enough" and ignore my advice to save a few bucks and they wound up melting 500 feet of 4/0 cable and had to replace it anyway costing more money. Corner cutting on a 510 pin is a huge no no and not worth the money. And once again I wrote a long rebuttal that you ignored so unless you can respond with something other then "because you said so" I really have. Nothing left to say

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well until you respond to me rebuttals earlier I really have nothing left to say. It's not just about breaking it's about stability as well. Most people don't work around electricity enough to have a healthy fear of it. I've seen smart people think something is "ok enough" and ignore my advice to save a few bucks and they wound up melting 500 feet of 4/0 cable and had to replace it anyway costing more money. Corner cutting on a 510 pin is a huge no no and not worth the money. And once again I wrote a long rebuttal that you ignored so unless you can respond with something other then "because you said so" I really have. Nothing left to say

I have experienced zero stability issues with either my RX2/3 or my RX300. Also safety regulations around electricity where I live are pretty strict, I don't use my mod as a hammer I just vape on it, and most importantly without proper evidence all you have left is FUD.

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Einstein? Lol u can't even figure out a quote. It's me doing the review. I only use lg hb6 batts and never under 4 volts each in my testing. I would never fire he4 batts at over 150 watts.

My lg hb6 batts are only for testing. I don't use them in daily use or recording videos so I can keep them fresh longer. They don't have a practical use due to the poor battery life in everyday vaping

Wow so much butt hurt over buying a 2nd attempt remake of a janky mod to begin with. At least the 1st crap did 155 max (Djlsb) even though it claims and reads 213. Then 149... And the non existent TC burning everything to hell, maybe that's what the FDA is using against us for carcinogens in testing. And why use mech batteries in a mod that doesn't require stupid high amperage, 25rs vtc5as are quite suitable. She's mad lol

Last edited:

Argie3

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Therion or finder 166w...
Sleek devices, fit nice at hand and as far as performance, well their DNA board speaks for itself...

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
One minute you are saying it gets hot, the next you are saying it only gets warm.
The RX300 gets warm and can eventually get hot enough to likely damage the internals, although doubtfully cause any fire sparks or explosions if use is ceased before a very long consecutive use time.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Your entitled to your opinion and to give me a thumbs down. I always welcome feedback and always willing to explain myself for those that listen.

A chain is only as good as it's weakest link. At any price a bad 510 can make the mod unusable. Comparing it to that of other mods it's still the worst out of all the ones I own. Trust me I know I'll get shit for bad reviews it's part of the territory. Shit from sig fans for my 213 plus review shit from wismec fans for my rx review it's part of doing reviews it opens you up for scrutiny and I'm ok with that. I choose not to put my name on a sub par product doesn't mean others can't find it acceptable.

I know nothing will be 100% accurate even 500 dollar fluke meters need to be calibrated every few years so expecting a mod to be dead on accurate that's 40 bucks is unrealistic. But there is a point where 1 performs worse then the rest and I owe it to myself and my small subscriber base to mention it and point it out.

At the end of the day I'm just one opinion in a sea of them, I don't feel like mine should be over valued compared to other vapors. We all have good opinions and different experiences. But some people are fans of certain products and tend to be more kind to them and harsher on others. I can assure you I don't do that, I'm just more brutally honest and a little less forgiving then others. But I'm also reasonable as well. For instance the snow wolf plus is supposed to be 230 watts but tops out at 200. I still gave it a thumbs up because 200 is pretty close and good enough and the temp control is way above par for the price point. But the fuchai 213 plus I couldn't because it topped out around 150 and the temp control wasn't even usable.

I have no issue revisiting something in my review I want to make sure my info is accurate.

And fwiw djl had it off as much as 25 watts as well and he uses an average of 6 tests iirc. For me I do 3 second tests until I get 3 in a row to be consistent. Most mods do it in 3-4 tests for the rd I had to do 8-9 IIRC in order to get a decent result of 3 that were close to each other hence why I said it's very inconsistent. And far as testing goes I did it the same way as the g class at the same time and the g class was the most consistent and accurate mod I've tested to date so if my equipment or procedure was off then no way would I have gotten the results from the g class I got.

My TFV12 sits flush and secure on the RX300 which I leave attached as it's superb and incredibly improved from the TFV8 engineering. I can't get leaks if I tried to. The air holes on the bottom of the tank wide open and a V12-T12 coil, 80% VG 3mg nic. e-liquid vaping at 189W with air holes gaping...running on four married new Sony VTC5A 18650s from liionwholesale (tested before sale). That's a powerful bast@rd of a mod. I just still am unsure if I should switch to the LG HB4 Mustard 30 amp 1600mAH (according to mooch and my experience, I agree they're not 1500mAH as LG claims) or remain using the 2,600mAH 25amp VTC5As. The life is long but I also get enough out of four HB4 LG Chem 18650s believe it or not. At least compared to the HB6s, which seem to die 20% faster.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My friend's GX350 is cheap and has paint chipping as well as not matching the blast of my fire button at lower wattages. RX300 is my recommended mod, although I'd avoid 20amp LG HG2s and HE4s, Samsung 25rs, and all "previous generation batteries". I don't think it runs a parallel battery system, so even if voltage output is decent, extra amperage from Sony VTC5A 25 amp, 2,600mAH batteries is only a 400mAH sacrifice if switching from HG2s. The box and manual state to use 25+ amp batteries only!!!!!!! I don't know why the box says this if the info I've heard about voltage being the backbone of current power and draw, dudes and dudettes, why not use much better batteries? VTC5s and VTC6s are 20 amps regardless of Sony's spec sheet according to Mooch, who we know is legit and serves the vaping community in a major way. Check his blog and if using quad battery mods, don't worry about a few hundred mAH being lost because the chips are newer in the GX350, RX300 or triple battery mods such as Smok Marshal 320, Koopor Primus (I had until I gave it away to a relative because it's not well constructed and fragile), or the new Ijoy and other triple/quad mods recently released. I get more battery life using a night of gaming and consistent low-nic high-VG (80%) eliquid and 2,600mAH VTC5As with 189W TFV12 V12-T12 .12ohm coils. I top them off plugging the mod into my PC once in a while if I want to ensure they're in sync and rotating well while getting a fast small charge up. It's safe but my max voltage is a few tenths below the voltage levels they should still be holding at such few cycles on the LUC V4 4-bay charger. I do use .5a x four battery charge speed to maintain battery health as well regardless of the past when I used the 1A x four 18650 charging. The new model is on sale for 20 bucks at IMRBATTERIES.com and they also have 5 dollar VTC5As as of now on sale too. Liionwholesale and imrbatteries are the only sites I trust. IMRbatteries is usually more expensive and takes longer than expected and paid for compared to liionwholesale so both have their purpose and sales at times.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The RX300 gets warm and can eventually get hot enough to likely damage the internals, although doubtfully cause any fire sparks or explosions if use is ceased before a very long consecutive use time.
RTFM = Read The Fucking Manual (specifically, the part of it that explains "Temperature Alert"). I chain vaped it at 160 watts today, and it still got only slightly warm... whereas my RDA got too hot for me to still be able to continue chain vaping it so quite the opposite experience of "the RX300 gets hot".

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It gets warm after two friggin puffs, ok. Albeit 190W 3 second puffs (holes open wide) from a TFV12 tank and V12-T12 coil. I know the GX350 does the same or becomes warmer than mine after a few hits at only one hit at the mentioned level of vaping. Why the fuck would I chain vape 190W .12ohm V12 coils and think increasing heat radiating from the mod and or batteries is okie dokie? RTFM = Use 25 or 30 amp 18650s on mods using 3 or 4 of those battery types. That goes for all the LG HG2 20 amp 3,000mAH users who can't sacrifice 400mAH and use Sony VTC5A 25 amp continuous 2,600mAH batteries. People say those brown babies don't get hot but my pair were warm on the old Fuchai 200 from years ago. If there are 4 batteries who cares about maximum mAH and also how many people lug around quad battery mods safely outside their home and vehicle anyway? Carambrda...RTFP = Read the Fuckin Posts I've been making before signing me off. I'm not tech savy but I'm an expert in safety with things that go BOOM of all kinds. Tell others to never chain vape at 200W. And how much time do you spend making coils? Is it a quick thing or what?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It gets warm after two friggin puffs, ok. Albeit 190W 3 second puffs (holes open wide) from a TFV12 tank and V12-T12 coil. I know the GX350 does the same or becomes warmer than mine after a few hits at only one hit at the mentioned level of vaping. Why the fuck would I chain vape 190W .12ohm V12 coils and think increasing heat radiating from the mod and or batteries is okie dokie? RTFM = Use 25 or 30 amp 18650s on mods using 3 or 4 of those battery types. That goes for all the LG HG2 20 amp 3,000mAH users who can't sacrifice 400mAH and use Sony VTC5A 25 amp continuous 2,600mAH batteries. People say those brown babies don't get hot but my pair were warm on the old Fuchai 200 from years ago. If there are 4 batteries who cares about maximum mAH and also how many people lug around quad battery mods safely outside their home and vehicle anyway? Carambrda...RTFP = Read the Fuckin Posts I've been making before signing me off. I'm not tech savy but I'm an expert in safety with things that go BOOM of all kinds. Tell others to never chain vape at 200W. And how much time do you spend making coils? Is it a quick thing or what?
I had already read your posts before I hit the reply button, and we're on the same page, as we both agree that the RX300 can get warm, but that the socalled "reviewer" in the video we have been discussing has blown this fact completely amazingly out of proportion... not to mention all his other BS. I was just being sarcastic about it. :) I am new to coil building, but my 1st coil build was a dual coil staple staggered fused clapton build at 0.11 ohms, that looks pretty clean complete with nice even spacing, etc., and that I currently still vape on. My 2nd coil build was a single big alien coil that's in another RDA.

akik95.jpg

w7g86v.jpg

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I had already read your posts before I hit the reply button, and we're on the same page, as we both agree that the RX300 can get warm, but that the socalled "reviewer" in the video we have been discussing has blown this fact completely amazingly out of proportion... not to mention all his other BS. I was just being sarcastic about it. :) I am new to coil building, but my 1st coil build was a dual coil staple staggered fused clapton build at 0.11 ohms, that looks pretty clean complete with nice even spacing, etc., and that I currently still vape on. My 2nd coil build was a single big alien coil that's in another RDA.

akik95.jpg

w7g86v.jpg
Dude not to come off like an ass, but out of proportion? As a reviewer my job is to inform people. that simple, if ti gets warm, it's worth mentioning. It's not like i said it's gonna blow up in your hand. it gets warm, i reported it as such. simple. You've been vaping for 3 months? how many devices have you used to compare and contrast? I've been vaping for 5 years. I've used well over 80 devices or so. I currently have about 60 mods. If one is getting warmer then the other I would be a shitty reviewer if i didn't mention it. Whats your background as well? I work in power generation, I've warned people about their 4/0 cable overheating from the amp load. smart people, journeyman electrician who blew it off because he didn't want to spend money renting more cable for an extra run per phase. and then I watched it melt and he had to replace the melted cable and rent the correct amount. Wismec has been notorious for under sizing their wire. using 18ga when it should be 14ga or at least minimum 16ga on their RX200 series of mods. I'm not sure of the ga on the rx300 but again it was worth mentioning.

Listen i get it, you purchased a device, your happy with it, i gave it a bad review so your all butthurt about it. get over it. if you want to enjoy it, do that. Don't let my review ruin that for you. or even better yet, why don't you make a review, do testing on it, read temps on it compared with other mods and report back. at least that would garner you some respect. but your 3 months of experience vaping and trying to say I'm wrong based on absolutely nothing is a joke.

as far as @NickyGiaccone goes, I've had talks with him before, he knows who i am and he knows i know my shit.

Your on a forum here with a lot of enthusiast who have a lot of experience and can see through BS. your not in a vape shop with a bunch of people who don't know jack shit were BS can fly as facts.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dude not to come off like an ass, but out of proportion? As a reviewer my job is to inform people. that simple, if ti gets warm, it's worth mentioning. It's not like i said it's gonna blow up in your hand. it gets warm, i reported it as such. simple. You've been vaping for 3 months? how many devices have you used to compare and contrast? I've been vaping for 5 years. I've used well over 80 devices or so. I currently have about 60 mods. If one is getting warmer then the other I would be a shitty reviewer if i didn't mention it. Whats your background as well? I work in power generation, I've warned people about their 4/0 cable overheating from the amp load. smart people, journeyman electrician who blew it off because he didn't want to spend money renting more cable for an extra run per phase. and then I watched it melt and he had to replace the melted cable and rent the correct amount. Wismec has been notorious for under sizing their wire. using 18ga when it should be 14ga or at least minimum 16ga on their RX200 series of mods. I'm not sure of the ga on the rx300 but again it was worth mentioning.

Listen i get it, you purchased a device, your happy with it, i gave it a bad review so your all butthurt about it. get over it. if you want to enjoy it, do that. Don't let my review ruin that for you. or even better yet, why don't you make a review, do testing on it, read temps on it compared with other mods and report back. at least that would garner you some respect. but your 3 months of experience vaping and trying to say I'm wrong based on absolutely nothing is a joke.

as far as @NickyGiaccone goes, I've had talks with him before, he knows who i am and he knows i know my shit.

Your on a forum here with a lot of enthusiast who have a lot of experience and can see through BS. your not in a vape shop with a bunch of people who don't know jack shit were BS can fly as facts.
Well if the difference between warm and hot is just a matter of semantics to you then maybe you should consider mentioning that in your review as opposed to keep mentioning that you test stuff, when the reality is that you haven't shown any temperature readings at all. You aren't even sure about the wiring inside the RX300 because not MAKING sure is precisely how you like to do your "testing" so, just because you asked, my background is mainly in IT (both software and hardware, including testing, quality control, and systems engineering).

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well if the difference between warm and hot is just a matter of semantics to you then maybe you should consider mentioning that in your review as opposed to keep mentioning that you test stuff, when the reality is that you haven't shown any temperature readings at all. You aren't even sure about the wiring inside the RX300 because not MAKING sure is precisely how you like to do your "testing" so, just because you asked, my background is mainly in IT (both software and hardware, including testing, quality control, and systems engineering).
He is doing a hardware review not a teardown. He is also providing tested wattage data. Give the man a break or feel free to do these tests yourself. You are acting like an armchair jockey.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He is doing a hardware review not a teardown. He is also providing tested wattage data. Give the man a break or feel free to do these tests yourself. You are acting like an armchair jockey.

He claims he does testing, so then why should I do his tests for him? In addition, he claims the mod gets hot, and that it is unacceptable so where's the factual test results to confirm this, and how exactly does the wire in the RX200 series of mods prove anything about the RX300 when it's already clear his "facts" can't truly be facts?

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He claims he does testing, so then why should I do his tests for him? In addition, he claims the mod gets hot, and that it is unacceptable so where's the factual test results to confirm this, and how exactly does the wire in the RX200 series of mods prove anything about the RX300 when it's already clear his "facts" can't truly be facts?
Nobody asked you to do HIS tests for him. You want a tear down test so do one. He is testing equipment he bought and paid for. Are you willing to do the same?

You are blowing that heat statement way out of proportion. He simply said it gets hot. He didn't say it was the only mod tested to do so. It's just one measure of many when rating a device. If you are happy with yours then why make it so important to convince someone else how great it is. I am sure there are plenty of other reviews with a higher opinion of the device.

I don't care either way. I just don't think it's right for you to keep hammering him because he formed his opinion in a way you may not like.

Sent from my SM-T715Y using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I don't need to be sure about the wiring. If it's heating up it's a bad sign. Let me put it this way since your in IT as you claim. If you have 5 servers in the same room and one of the servers is much warmer to the touch then the others would you walk away and ignore it, or would you bring it up and say hey I think one of the servers is getting close to overheating. That's essentially what I'm doing. I tested the rx300 and the g320 at the same time. Both are 300 or more watt mods both were very hot at 300+ but the g320 was cool to the touch at 150 and the rx300 wasn't. It was noticebly warm. So it would be pretty shitty of me to not bring it up in a review.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Nobody asked you to do HIS tests for him. You want a tear down test so do one. He is testing equipment he bought and paid for. Are you willing to do the same?

You are blowing that heat statement way out of proportion. He simply said it gets hot. He didn't say it was the only mod tested to do so. It's just one measure of many when rating a device. If you are happy with yours then why make it so important to convince someone else how great it is. I am sure there are plenty of other reviews with a higher opinion of the device.

I don't care either way. I just don't think it's right for you to keep hammering him because he formed his opinion in a way you may not like.

Sent from my SM-T715Y using Tapatalk
Lmao thank you. Dude just doesn't get it. So focused on one statement saying I'm wrong but not offering any proof. Especially when he admitted himself he feels it get warm but doesn't think it's a big deal. The most likely candidate for the internals getting warm is the amp draw through wiring that's too thin. Which is basically what we do as vapers. We run high amps through thin wire to heat it up so it can vaporize liquid. The concept seems lost on him

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, resistance equals heat and all that fun electrical stuff. Probably not enough for danger but it will likely affect reliability with abuse.

I have been in IT for 26 years. Heat is the biggest enemy there is in a server room or datacenter. Solder issues to meltdowns.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, love when people use anecdotal evidence as fact. Having a friend with a device that is beat up while yours is pristine does not guarantee it is a build quality issue. Both devices would have to be put through the same abuse testing to prove that.

Reminds me of work where a level 2 guy uses symptoms to draw conclusions after I have already explained the issue from an engineering analysis. Symptoms are often displayed by victims of the root cause.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't need to be sure about the wiring. If it's heating up it's a bad sign. Let me put it this way since your in IT as you claim. If you have 5 servers in the same room and one of the servers is much warmer to the touch then the others would you walk away and ignore it, or would you bring it up and say hey I think one of the servers is getting close to overheating. That's essentially what I'm doing. I tested the rx300 and the g320 at the same time. Both are 300 or more watt mods both were very hot at 300+ but the g320 was cool to the touch at 150 and the rx300 wasn't. It was noticebly warm. So it would be pretty shitty of me to not bring it up in a review.

No, I wouldn't think one of the servers is getting close to overheating. Instead, I would essentially put my money where my mouth is and do a proper test to arrive at true facts.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
No, I wouldn't think one of the servers is getting close to overheating. Instead, I would essentially put my money where my mouth is and do a proper test to arrive at true facts.
Lmao test for what? It was a comment I mentioned. I don't know why you are so hung up on it. It was an observation based on usage. It's not the reason I didn't recommend it. But it was worth mentioning

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only test I would need to immediately power down a server is if it were very warm or hot to the touch. And I mean immediate shut down. Vmotion the VMs and shut down.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lmao test for what? It was a comment I mentioned. I don't know why you are so hung up on it. It was an observation based on usage. It's not the reason I didn't recommend it. But it was worth mentioning

Test for whether the higher temperature is a factual bad sign or just false alarm. And no, it's not just about the operating temperature of the mod, but also what you said about the 510, the wire, touting your own personal opinion as fact, and simply accusing other reviewers without backing up your accusations with facts, i.e. the whole tantrum of "you can like it all you want but it is still bad nevertheless because I say so and so do my nonexistent fact, but you still gotta believe me because I am the only honest reviewer there is and my 60 mods are proof of how totally honest I really am". :slowclap:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Test for whether the higher temperature is a factual bad sign or just false alarm. And no, it's not just about the operating temperature of the mod, but also what you said about the 510, the wire, touting your own personal opinion as fact, and simply accusing other reviewers without backing up your accusations with facts, i.e. the whole tantrum of "you can like it all you want but it is still bad nevertheless because I say so and so do my nonexistent fact, but you still gotta believe me because I am the only honest reviewer there is and my 60 mods are proof of how totally honest I really am". :slowclap:
Lmao yup the inconsistent output in watt mode was really just my opinion lol.

Your the one throwing a fit cause 1 small time reviewer gave a bad review to what is likely the only mod you've ever owned. And are so angry about it your trying to change my mind. Move on. You don't agree with me. I get it. That's fine. You can have your opinion. He'll it's a free country go make your own review of it, post it up here. Have a ball. I'm not shitting on your opinion. U can like it if u want, I never told u not to like it. But you are basically telling me I need to like the mod with absolutely no basis.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hope everyone is having a great day!

I'm getting ready to purchase a new setup as I lost my favorite....I had the Wismec RX200 with TFV8
I LOVED it...except for the random leaking, which I could never figure out (however after going through 3 Crown Uewell tanks, nothing is comparable to the cleanliness of the original Crown, IMO).
Do I need to say how much I LOVED Wismec RX200? I had it over a year and never had a problem.

I've been looking into purchasing the G-Priv kit in Purple/Black, but just when I think I've made my decision to order it, something pulls me away. I've come across a few issues others have seen out of this mod in forums.

I really don't want a headache, I just want to return to typical, daily life as a devoted vaperer......
Please help me make this decision. I appreciate it!
Get a couple of each, they're cheap.....!

VU Sponsors