Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
'Smoking e-cigarettes just as harmful as conventional ones'

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2018/12/119_259963.html

First they start talking about the IQOS Heat Not Burn tech calling it an "e-cigarette" then later referring to Juul as an "e-cigarette".

In my opinion this was done on purpose to confuse the reader into making the two sound equal.

This is besides the fact that I have yet to see proof that the Phillip Morris IQOS is "just as harmful" as cigarettes and we know for damn sure that a Juul isn't. - 5150

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have yet to see proof that the Phillip Morris IQOS is "just as harmful" as cigarettes
After picking up an IQOS kit on a trip overseas a few months ago and used it occasionally since then, I'm quite confident it's nowhere near as harmful as cigarettes. The aerosol from an IQOS does not tear up my windpipe like real cigs do.

VaporCat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anything thats lower temperature is going to have less harm because fewer volatile organic compounds are produced. The only part of the article that had a bit of merit mentions that heat-not-burn products can possibly have higher levels of tar because tar is a product of incomplete combustion. The rest of the article was utter crap and lies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A LOT of the far east is dead-set against vaping. I guess they're also heavily invested in BT. It's so easy to see the corruption, these idiots apparently think everyone in the whole world is stupid enough to fall for the corruption and lies.

The only people against vaping are those with a vested interest in seeing smoking continue, NO MATTER how deadly everyone knows that smoking is. If you see someone hating on vaping, you know: they're either invested in the death industry, or they're just totally fucking ignorant and willing to swallow anything that maaaaaaas media hands them (sheep!).

Andria

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Anything thats lower temperature is going to have less harm because fewer volatile organic compounds are produced. The only part of the article that had a bit of merit mentions that heat-not-burn products can possibly have higher levels of tar because tar is a product of incomplete combustion. The rest of the article was utter crap and lies.
Yet there is no combustion in a HnB tobacco product such as the IQOS.

FWIW, I've personally opened up and examined the filters on used IQOS Heets and there is none of the darkening associated with the "tar" that is present in traditional cigarette smoke.

VaporCat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds clean enough, certainly nowhere near what the article claims about "tar levels higher than cigarettes". I use a couple ******* vaporizers here, both of which require periodic cleaning. Probably has a lot to do with oil content of the ***** material and the degree to which it is heated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Sounds clean enough, certainly nowhere near what the article claims about "tar levels higher than cigarettes". I use a couple ******* vaporizers here, both of which require periodic cleaning. Probably has a lot to do with oil content of the ***** material and the degree to which it is heated.
The IQOS device itself does require cleaning every so often.

But then, so do our coils. ;)

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just wick as soon as it gets dark. I don't feel vaping while gunked up and crusty coils.....

I was vaping and after a crack, Snapple and pop I felt grains in my mouth......

It looked like burnt pieces of coal that came off of the gunked coils...... So we have to be inhaling something if we vape with dirty wicks and coated coils.......

So vaping is wonderful if you vape with precautions and use clean could and wicks.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors