Become a Patron!

Totally new to Vaping - Pack a day Dunhill blue smoker - 0mg Nicotine Vape

Ravenfraust

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello all,

I just got into the vaping scene and have been loving it. First kit I ordered is the 'Kangertech' Subvod megastarter 2300mAh. I was skeptical at getting a 3mg nicotine liquid but I opted for a strawberry 0mg nicotine 80/20 VG/PG ratio one. Been puffing at it like a madman when I get the time and within a week I've bled the 30mg bottle dry to nearly 10-8ml.

I know that is a lot of E juice consumption and I read somewhere that sub - ohm coils tend to burn through liquid faster for huge vapor production. All I wanted to know is that is it possible I could have gotten a hint of nicotine in my 0mg liquid? It's impossible to go from pack a day to no nicotine whatsoever. Subconsciously, I am satisfied as the idea of holding on to something and inhaling and exhaling smoke is being satisfied.

Is this normal for someone who was a heavy smoker to vape so much or am I doing it? I would like the idea of not upgrading to 3 or 6mg nicotine just to not vape more. Is 0mg nicotine liquid safe to vape heavily? Or is it still as a bad as pack a day smoking?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've always been a heavy vaper, I still use nicotine in mine. I'm not overly concerned about it, but "safe" is something we can't 100% answer. More and more testing is saying vaping is a safer choice than lighting a cigarette. It's really great that you're satisified with zero nic!

Welcome to the forum.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome aboard.....:vino:

I've vaped zero-nic in an atomizer with 6 mg nic in another (same brand) atomizer....truthfully, I couldn't tell the difference between the two juices. I think the need for nicotine is in my head more so than a necessity to vape.

The hand to mouth action with no nic seems to satisfy as well as using nic in juice.

Although, since I have several gallons of nicotine, I may as well vape it.....:wave:

Ravenfraust

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you guys for the quick reply!

Totally enjoying vaping right now, even tea tastes different now for some reason oO. Really happy that I came across this and kicked the substance addiction. 8 years of smoking and never once I went a week without a cigarette or pipe tobacco! *Pats himself*. Living in Dubai can be annoying cause Vaporizers and anything E-cigarette related is banned -.- Guess I'll have to look towards DIY liquids. But yeah, I do have a sore throat and something a little runny nose for some reason. Still have yet to see the 'adverse' effects of the smoking withdrawals!

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you guys for the quick reply!

Totally enjoying vaping right now, even tea tastes different now for some reason oO. Really happy that I came across this and kicked the substance addiction. 8 years of smoking and never once I went a week without a cigarette or pipe tobacco! *Pats himself*. Living in Dubai can be annoying cause Vaporizers and anything E-cigarette related is banned -.- Guess I'll have to look towards DIY liquids. But yeah, I do have a sore throat and something a little runny nose for some reason. Still have yet to see the 'adverse' effects of the smoking withdrawals!
you will find with out lighting up both your smell and taste receptors work... in terms of your first question in the OP each person is different some need nic and some don't. as per safe I tend to think of it as harm reducing but not totally safe. bad things can and do happen but only when Darwin is involved.

Ravenfraust

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well yes, I shouldn't have used the word safe to begin with. I just hope the damage that the cigarettes produced in my body over the years can be healed slowly now that there is no intake of any of those substances.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everything is possible.
Just like some people can stop smoking cold turkey, it's also possible to start vaping at 0mg.

If you feel you can do without the nic then don't use it.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well yes, I shouldn't have used the word safe to begin with. I just hope the damage that the cigarettes produced in my body over the years can be healed slowly now that there is no intake of any of those substances.
well i saw at least one case of before and after vaping. here is a testimonial i remember

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It would be pretty hard to go from pack a day to nothing with no side effects, but the heavy vaping could just be acting as a placebo.

It also depends on when you started smoking and how long you've smoked for.
It is possible you weren't addicted to cigs despite smoking a pack a day.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man, I was a wreck in the beginning, even with 18mg nic! I was a 2PAD smoker, though... ...I suppose everyone's body reacts differently. Personally, I thought the worst was over at the 2 day mark, but that was actually when the worst began. After a week, the physical symptoms were gone, but I felt depressed for a while after that and didn't experience a whole lot in the way of pleasure.

And that is something to look out for: post-withdrawal. After the withdrawal has passed, it's not always completely over. Some less severe symptoms can linger for weeks to months. The more severe the initial withdrawal, the more prolonged the post-withdrawal is. Cold-turkey can get you off the stuff much quicker, but may also leave you with a longer recovery time. It can throw your body chemistry so far in the other direction that it wobbles back and forth for a while, whereas a taper allows it to gradually adjust.

In your case, it may not be much of an issue, since you're not getting much in the way of withdrawal. But I'd probably keep some nic on hand in case things suddenly change.

If you're feeling okay, definitely skip the nic. Just be aware that if things change in the next few days, a little nic will spare you the most arduous part of getting off of it. The lowest amount you can get away with would be best. Cravings are one thing. Physical withdrawal is another. Cravings pass. Physical withdrawals can have a lasting effect on your body's natural balance. And for some people, that's actually harder to get past than that first week. It's the next month of feeling a little off that gets em.

...and yes, vaping compulsively initially is a thing for a lot of people. A lot of it is psychological, but not all of it is. There are things happening mechanically in your central nervous system that compel you to do that. Many people don't ever stop.

But it's not a major issue, especially not at the capacity you're vaping. Believe it or not, many long time vapers go through what you went through in a week in just a day or two. 20ml in a week is nothing!

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised... ...sooner than you think, too. The strain that smoking puts on your whole body is monumental compared to what vaping does to you. If you're experiencing the damage smoking has done to you now, then the difference will be profound. There's no way you won't notice.

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vaping in a country where its banned .. might be wiser to go with a higher PG blend.. like 50/50 or even 60/40 (pg/vg)
80% VG is a lot of huge clouds. Raising the PG level also gives a better throat hit, which you might want/like since it's closer to smoking those cigs.

Ravenfraust

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hahaha, Thanks a lot for the input everyone! Just crossed the one week line of not smoking cigarettes/dhoka today. And I havn't event felt like picking up my vaporizer for the morning puffs till now. Must have to do something with brunch + after party + clubbing last night oO.

A few things I noticed that were different from when I smoked:

1. I can smell things around me that I couldn't before, even if I walked the same road a thousand times.
2. I can literally dance my ass off without gasping for breath every 10 mins.
3. Food is beginning to taste better, before I could only taste the major seasonings/spices, now even the little hints of food is clearly noticeable.
4. My room smells of air fresheners all the time. I don't think stink and I don't have a breath of burning death all the time.

Bad things:

1. Sore throat.
2. Dry mouth.
3. Dry lips (Probably cause I want to get rid of the black marks so I I am a spammer ban me gently now that I've quit smoking)
4. Body feels tired even when I haven't done much.
5. Procrastination to the max!

Ravenfraust

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It would be pretty hard to go from pack a day to nothing with no side effects, but the heavy vaping could just be acting as a placebo.

It also depends on when you started smoking and how long you've smoked for.
It is possible you weren't addicted to cigs despite smoking a pack a day.

That's quite possibly true. The extreme vaping is quelling my desire to inhale/exhale smoke and keep myself busy. And it's working out wonderfully.

I have been smoking since 8 years. Became a heavy smoker since the past 3 years.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
drink water frequently while vaping should help those bad things... also i find my lip naturally go thru what i call a fall drying and winter cracking.

Ravenfraust

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey guys,

Just got a Mr. Juicer Ocean Blue Vape juice. I'm quite confused about the authenticity of this juice. It looks quite 'dodgy' because no VG/PG ratio given, no Nicotine mg labelled. The vendor I got it from said it was 0 mg and he was 100% sure. Usually I don't get throat burns, coughs but this juice is giving me quite a throat hit, mainly because of the high menthol content. Here's a pic if you guys can help me out!

Also purchased a few 'Starbuzz' e juice flavors, any reviews on those ones if you guys have tried it?

http://imgur.com/a/NLXn9

Ravenfraust

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeap! You guys were right. A week without any symptoms or cravings and now suddenly I'm having wild mood swings, crankiness, annoyed and a shit load of other things. Good thing I took someone's advice and kept a 3 mg nicotine juice with me.

VU Sponsors