Become a Patron!

Traces of blood

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, so I snore when I sleep. We will get that out of the way.
Anyways, lately and does not happen every time I wake up but maybe after a deep sleep w/ snoring I end up spitting up blood like from the back of the throat. It is not a large amount just like enough to be visible.

My thoughts are a dry throat then the snoring irritates something in the throat and then the blood. I dunno.
I have no pain or irritation otherwise. Everything is normal once I rinse and brush my teeth.
I continue my vaping and I do my best to stay hyrdrated.

Anyone else come close to having this experience with vaping or have any thoughts about this?

Edit: The blood does not seem to come from deep like from the lungs or anything serious like that.

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My hubby has that happen every once in a while and doesn't vape. His doctor told him that because he snores so aggressively he irritates the back of his throat and that mixed with dryness causes enough irritation to make his throat raw and sometimes enough so that it causes slight bleeding. Yes staying hydrated is key, he now has water near the bedside to drink .

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I am a world class snorer myself and I have never had that happen.

I would suggest that you check with your doctor rather than try to ingore it.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah, thank you Whiskey. Makes complete sense. Hydration got it!!
Edit: If it continues for much longer after hydrating, I will consider seeing a doctor.
Thanks for the replies!

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I agree with @UncleRJ. If there's anything I've learned as I've gotten older its that paying a co pay for peace of mind is better than hoping something goes away, and the having to pay a full deductible at the ER later.

Learned th hard way too :confused:

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about snoring cessation products? Would cut down on the rawness and maybe even improve your quality of sleep.

...and Whiskey, love the yellow shorts. Perfect thing to wear to Walmart! :D

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_mns93yGLUC1squf8wo1_500_zps8dbd40d7.gif

VU Sponsors