Become a Patron!

Transformer Box Mod

Should I try it in my retail store or not?

• It looks like crap, but I've never tried it

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • It is crap, I've used it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It looks great, but i've never tried it.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • It is great, I've tried it.

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

Sigmardin

The Vapographer
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A buddy has one of these, but it's not a china made one (I think it was a custom made actually) and the one thing i didn't like was the touch screen. I get juicy fingers constantly lol

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had one but I sold it.. used it a couple times and it worked just fine.. was a little too big and bulky for my likings

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have had mine for almost a month and I really like it, I did get Version two They changed some things up for the better.

Sent from my SGH-T999

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have the latest version of the E-MECH and I LOVE IT!

It has an output voltage range of 3.0 to 6.0 volts or 3.0 to 30.0 watts in 0.5 watt increments. And it will work with coils built between 0.5 to 5.0 ohms (though I have heard that it will work with coils down to 0.3 ohms). It has the standard 10 second cut off and offers short circuit protection and low battery indicator.

The V3 has addressed the issues with the previous versions. The Transformer stickers come in the box (which is very nice) and you can put them on the mod yourself if you really want to (I did not and I will give them to the first child I see that wants them) so I guess without the stickers you would just call it the E-MECH. Put on the stickers and you have the Transformers mod. They have gotten rid of the alarm clock function and the annoying beeps that everyone hated (its a totally silent device now) and I really like the fact that the display shows the time, day and date which really comes in handy.

This device shows the resistance in real time (I have seen the resistance value change without my finger on the power button as an older coils was getting ready to die) and the battery level just like your cell phone display does. Still has a puff counter but that does not detract from anything and can be easily ignored. If you move fast, after you are done with your most recent vape you can see the duration of your vape on the display screen before it returns to the main display The flashlight can be very handy and is very bright (I recently lost a black drip tip in a car with black carpet and floor mats and without the flashlight I would have never found the sucker). You can indeed charge your cell phone from it with the multifunction cord that comes with it. The updated version also has a larger base so you can stand it upright with toppers like the Kayfun and the like and it won't tip over easy. The high resolution OLED display is very easy to see even in bright sunlight while wearing sunglasses.

The touch screen is not a touch screen as you would think about it. The two buttons +/- are touch sensitive. Very sensitive so you need to lock the device once you have set it to the watts (or volts) you want. But the device is so easy to lock or unlock so for me it is a non issue. The power button is very nicely fitted and slightly recessed so it is not easy to accidently activate it while it is in your pocket. The power button has a quality feel to it and does not rattle or move around under your finger like the power button on so many other mods

And it is very, very well built. It has a very, very nice spring loaded center pin The internal charge works but the device is easy to open without tools (two swinging latches, one on either side of the back cover) so it is nothing to swap out the batteries and charge externally (with the 2 X 18650 2000mAh batteries I have in mine it takes 4.25 hours to charge using the built in charger). I normally vape it around 15.5 watts and I can get up to two days of use between charges. The batteries are connected in series with this device. The battery sled and terminals are very well constructed and marked +/-. While you can cram in button top batteries, it prefers flat top. And the back cover has a pad on the inside just to make sure the batteries do not rattle. But they fit so well they wouldn't rattle anyway.

I have accidently (I forgot to lock the device once before putting it in my shirt pocket where it fits along with my cell phone) vaped it at 26watts. Once. The vaper was incredibly warm warm (as it should be at that setting) but I did not get a burnt taste from the coils. Another plus for the USA made chip powering the device.

The device is very well constructed (out of aluminum I believe) and the finish does not pick up fingerprints and so far I have not been able to scratch it.

Here is a link to it on the Dovpo website.. http://www.dovpoecig.com/dovpo-e-mech-electroniccigarette-factory.html

And when I sat down to reply to this, I just meant to say heck yes, add it to your stock. As you can see I am a huge fan of this device. Vaping on mine right now!

chicagorod

Member For 5 Years
Have V4 and absolutely love it.. For $60 a nicely finished Metal Dual 18650 Mod.
Haven't had any issues with it. It works

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Transform is Great I am Pleased with my Purchase.

Sent from my SGH-T999

I have the v4. Great mod. Works well. At first I thought the flashlight option on it was kind of pointless but it has actually come in handy a couple times. Make sure you get the v4. Earlier versions had sticky fire buttons and the bottom of front glass tended to lift up. Would definitely suggest it.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
WIV8ucn.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still Lovin my Transformer V 2 its a solid device and a keeper for sure.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Pretty Dope!

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whiskey is the Asswife of VU hahahahahahahaha,JK

guppstatus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Works well, dual 18650 is a huge plus, 10 second cutoff isnt my fav, touch screen can get unlocked while firing, the thing is huge, and reserved for long car trips for me.

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Go to their website and check out their new 50watt mod, it's sick

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
really now, when your issuing insults at least make them post worthy

tumblr_n8vtudDzI91r12qcgo1_500_zpsldxaupro.gif
:D JK

My dearest Miss Whiskey, one of these days you have to tell me how you find these wonderful GIF files.

And if the opportunity ever presents I can pay in Tummy Rubs!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
touch screen can get unlocked while firing, the thing is huge, and reserved for long car trips for me.

Really? You can unlock the screen while vaping? I have a hard time unlocking it on purpose myself, let alone by mistake :) The only way I can see that happen - possibly - is if the screen faces your palm and you happen to touch both button at the same time. But I've just tried to unlock mine like that and I just can't do it.

As for the size, yes you're right, it's not very comfy to hold. But I suppose it's not all that big considering it has two batteries in it. Despite the size, it has become my mod of choice for the day when I'm out of the house.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My dearest Miss Whiskey, one of these days you have to tell me how you find these wonderful GIF files.

And if the opportunity ever presents I can pay in Tummy Rubs!
LOL, some of which may not be approved FYE, giigles

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How something looks usually isn't a big deal to me regarding vaping devices (especially whether a topper matches or looks right on my mod) but thats another story . The appearance of this device just makes me want to heave though and i can't get past that.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
How something looks usually isn't a big deal to me regarding vaping devices (especially whether a topper matches or looks right on my mod) but thats another story . The appearance of this device just makes me want to heave though and i can't get past that.

Having lived (and still living) in the industrial world, for me it is all about function.

And if functions very, very well.

Sure it looks odd, and if you don't have big hands most likely it will not feel good in yours.

But I have big meaty hands complete with meat hooks attached and I really like the feel of it.

And the newest versions come with the decals inclosed so you don't have to sport a mod with a transformers logo on it.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Having lived (and still living) in the industrial world, for me it is all about function.

And if functions very, very well.

Sure it looks odd, and if you don't have big hands most likely it will not feel good in yours.

But I have big meaty hands complete with meat hooks attached and I really like the feel of it.

And the newest versions come with the decals inclosed so you don't have to sport a mod with a transformers logo on it.

No issue with those points at all , it is all about function and if it functions really well than it's a very good mod despite ones personal taste in appearance.

Meat hook hands are a huge plus and got to be a part of the decision making process.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Transformer looks funny but it will run my new Kanger Sub Tank 1.2 Head set at 20 watts I'm a cloud in my living room

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Not quite sure.

But go ahead and give it a try.

It's not like you are going to hurt anything doing it!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not quite sure. But go ahead and give it a try. It's not like you are going to hurt anything doing it!

Why wouldn't it work? I'm running a 0.8 ohm coil at 30W on my E-Mech at this very moment and it works fine.

VU Sponsors