Become a Patron!

Transitioning To RDA Builds

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Since I'm new to this community I thought this would be the right place for me to document my transition to drip vaping. I recently just started vaping a month ago and have given up ciggarettes (stinkies?) for that long. I'm happy my local vape shop recommended that I skip those ciggalite type models and just start with a sub ohm mod instead (Istick Pico mod). Glad I listened to my vape shop since I'm still hooked on vaping. I'm so hooked that I feel like I'm ready to start exploring RDA-ing. I know I want intense hits, clouds and flavors, and so I'm hoping this is the right path to take. So far it feels intense getting started. Studying ohms law is no joke! It also helps that there are lots of info here in this community and on YouTube.

This is definitely a costly venture for me since I want to buy all authentic since I'm just beginner transitioning to intermediate to advanced modes of vaping, and so I'll be sharing what orders I get when they arrive. Hopefully by the end of the month I'll be able to share my first build and experience with RDA-ing. I wonder if this will be game changing for my vaping journey......So exciting!!!

First order that arrived: Vaperz Cloud Buddha Z version 2 with Fat Buddha sleeve. I knew I needed the fat Buddha sleeve so that I can experience the retro feel of version 1 that is no longer available and that a lot of YouTubers I've watched have mentioned whenever trying out a new mod. My apologies if the pictures came out big. Not sure how to upload pics on here with the preference of this community.

XaHuyNsl.jpg

iiOGmM5l.jpg

So excited to try this out! Love the packaging and the quality! It even comes with two pre made coils and extra rings.

Next on my list:

An appropriate box mod that will be able to handle this beast of an rda I now have. I know it will have to be regulated and so I'll avoid unregulated and also mech mods for now. LOL

Waiting for my Hexohm regulated box mod version 2.1 and at full price paid of a $189, ouch.

My kit and all other essentials will have to wait....Until again! More studying and research for now while I wait for everything to come together so that my first experience will be safe. This will be slow and my goal is to finally experience drip vaping by the end of this month.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi rowie and welcome to the V/U family good to meet you

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU!

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
b48a0cf9b9aa445ffc836c9f157723f3.gif

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for all the warm welcome everyone. Just got my very first mod box, Hexohm limited edition "Blue Lava." This surprised me as I find this looks amazing in the sunlight with it sparkling like it has tiny crystals, and I did not expect it to have a rough sand paper feel. I guess it's for a better grip.

we7UzIZl.jpg

Got lucky with a number I like.

3UswXFZl.jpg

My very first build.

7wIgKYNl.jpg

Spent like an additional $180 getting all the supplies I needed. Hopefully now I can be set to start getting on the road towards experimenting with coil building.

The Fat Buddha really hits hard! Glad I started with something hardcore for my first RDA. It packs a big punch with flavor, clouds and hits. I was vaping on a .3 nic with max vg! I do have to admit I felt like this rda doubled the nic intake because of the massive clouds and vapes I got from this beast of an RDA. I only needed like three hits to be really satisfied. Maybe next time I'll drop down to a .1 or .1 1/2. Flavor was strawberry strudel. For the first time I preferred a warm vape! Probably for RDAs I prefer warm vapes for sure.

This was a game changing experience for me, costly, but well worth it! So happy I could share my new experience with vaping. I think I will enjoy experimenting with builds and rda-ing for a while before exploring the advanced "mech mods" world. I wish all the newbies to vaping try RDA-Ing if you have not done so. I found it to change the way I vape in every good way.

vapefu

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Beautiful work, congrats and welcome!

VU Sponsors