Become a Patron!

Traveling by plane with vape stuff - need help!

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm going on vacation to Hawaii for 5 days. How do I pack my vape stuff? Can I bring my vapes and eliquid as carry-on or do I have to put them in my check-in luggage? Anything I need to know about traveling with batteries? And anything else I should know?

Thank you!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everything goes in your carry on, I always check with my carrier to see if any of the ecig rules have changed, pay attention to the liquid amounts they allow and your batteries should go in those plastic protector boxes apart from your mod. One thing I found, that the altitudes reek havoc with tanks that have juice in them. as in leaks. So I learned to put those in those small zip locks.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Everything goes in your carry on, I always check with my carrier to see if any of the ecig rules have changed, pay attention to the liquid amounts they allow and your batteries should go in those plastic protector boxes apart from your mod. One thing I found, that the altitudes reek havoc with tanks that have juice in them. as in leaks. So I learned to put those in those small zip locks.
Thanks, Whiskey! Sounds easy enough. I'll probably just leave my tanks empty for the flight to avoid leaking.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going on vacation to Hawaii for 5 days. How do I pack my vape stuff? Can I bring my vapes and eliquid as carry-on or do I have to put them in my check-in luggage? Anything I need to know about traveling with batteries? And anything else I should know?

Thank you!
Carry on only. I traveled with 5mods in my coilmaster bag with like 8 gorilla bottles And 6 batteries. All batteries were cases. ..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Carry on only. I traveled with 5mods in my coilmaster bag with like 8 gorilla bottles And 6 batteries. All batteries were cases. ..

Thanks, bx10r!

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
enjoy your trip. ..fyi.... look on jetblue website under baggage, it'll break it down too

Thanks! I haven't been on vacation in years so I'm stoked.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shit. . you better if Hawaii is the 1st in years. . I'm jealous

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Shit. . you better if Hawaii is the 1st in years. . I'm jealous

My dad is taking me for my birthday that just passed on the 31st of July. Hawaii was always my favorite vacation spot and is somewhere I'm going to move to once I have the money and necessities I need to do so. We're going to the Grand Wailea on the west coast of Maui. :xD: Time to learn how to surf in the proper place!

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
According to JetBlue vapes and related things cannot be checked in and must be in the cabin. I'm glad I didn't go to the airport blindly and make a mistake in my packing.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My carry on
d4e9268ce86d846ad196c09ff6574246.jpg

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I went to Hawaii two weeks ago on hawaiin airlines. I did what you did except I did have juice in my pharoah rta and the pharoah in another bag in the quart bag, since it's a fluid. I put the liquids in my liquids quart bag.

No issues. My mod was just in a side pocket no where near the batteries. The batteries were in a case.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I went to Hawaii two weeks ago on hawaiin airlines. I did what you did except I did have juice in my pharoah rta and the pharoah in another bag in the quart bag, since it's a fluid. I put the liquids in my liquids quart bag.

No issues. My mod was just in a side pocket no where near the batteries. The batteries were in a case.

Thank you for sharing! I hope you had a great time in Hawaii. I'm not too worried, as so many say they have travelled with vapes and none have acknowledged any problems at the airport.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for sharing! I hope you had a great time in Hawaii. I'm not too worried, as so many say they have travelled with vapes and none have acknowledged any problems at the airport.
They didn't even blink an eye.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My tsa agents blinked....fellow vapers admired my companions vs question them...lol

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
@EMusic Your only allowed so much liquid in a carry on that fits in a one quart bag including any other types of liquids.

Liquids Rule. You are allowed to bring a quart-sized bag of liquids, aerosols, gels, creams and pastes in your carry-on bag and through the checkpoint. These are limited to travel-sized containers that are 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) or less per item.

Put most of your liquids in your bags checked in, Use plastic zip locks.

Extra batteries must be in a protector, and carried on, not allowed in checked in bags.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I always take two internal battery mods with me when flying to avoid taking any loose batteries, just so much more convenient

16729567_1303379676366887_3014989219812289592_n.jpg

unnamed (1) (1).jpg

Last edited:

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, Smokie!
Actually yesterday I was just thinking about what to take with me in Oct when I go to Vegas again, making sure I have enough coil heads, etc.
And will be flying out of the country in Feb also.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Actually yesterday I was just thinking about what to take with me in Oct when I go to Vegas again, making sure I have enough coil heads, etc.
And will be flying out of the country in Feb also.
I'm in the process of deciding what vape stuff I will need to get to last the whole trip. I leave next Thursday so I have some time to get it all together.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm in the process of deciding what vape stuff I will need to get to last the whole trip. I leave next Thursday so I have some time to get it all together.
If you are staying with family or trusted friends you can also mail ahead any vape gear you want to use, I've done that a couple times with new vape gear I bought while on my trips, and when I get ready to head back, I mailed them back to myself.

VU Sponsors