Become a Patron!

Traveling on a plane with vaping materials

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have never traveled with vaping stuff. ie. Mod, juice, batteries.....etc. My wife and I are going to another state for my brother's army graduation. We are only packing one bag. Will security flag me down for carrying these items for stowaway? How will I be able to bring my mod stuff? Please help. I don't want to bring stuff if it's going to draw suspicion lol....

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My Brother flew in & out of JFK last week and had no problems with his 50 watt Istick and Aspire Tank. He just threw it in the tray at the security gate and nobody even looked twice at it. I am pretty sure they all know what they are now.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok well that's great news to hear. Should I dismantle it? Take the batteries out and such and put them in a ziploc labeled just to be on the safe side? I'll be traveling out of Atlantic City, NJ.

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't know what the proper thing to do is, but he just threw his in the tray assembled. No one asked him about it in Toronto or JFK.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Just leave your gear as it is and put in the tray.

Make sure that if you are carrying any E-Liquids to put them in a 1 quart bag with your meds and toiletries and you will be fine!

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't know what the proper thing to do is, but he just threw his in the tray assembled. No one asked him about it in Toronto or JFK.

My Brother flew in & out of JFK last week and had no problems with his 50 watt Istick and Aspire Tank. He just threw it in the tray at the security gate and nobody even looked twice at it. I am pretty sure they all know what they are now.
Well thank you for those answers. I appreciate the help.

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No problem, he was worried about travelling with it too. He was surprised no one even looked at it or asked him a single question about it.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I suppose you're right about them knowing about vaping. Awesome stuff. Can't wait to go traveling now lol. No worries anymore :)

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I actually discovered this forum because I was looking for information about flying with vaping gear for him! A google search brought me here :)

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hahaha that's awesome! Better safe then sorry. But at least we're both in a great forum that's very informative :)

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can carry-on your gear. The airlines don't want lithium ion batteries in the baggage compartment for obvious reasons. If you carry-on spare batts, put them in a case.

Just don't take an iStick50 on board. At least not on any plane that I'm on.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok so put the batteries separately in a secure case in my carry on and my ipv3 in my bag securely as well?

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so put the batteries separately in a secure case in my carry on and my ipv3 in my bag securely as well?
Batteries in a separate case in your carry-on is what they want to see. Your ipv3 is fine in carry-on too, just take the tank off (if that's what your using), and drain it, or it will leak all over.

I flew to France for a week in March, and put 6 sets of 18650's (in cases) in my carry-on. I believe when they are generalizing about "e-cigarettes", They don't want any lithium type batteries in baggage PERIOD.

This is Air France/Delta's rules.
AirFrance.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors