Become a Patron!

Trends

Ace_of_Angels

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm going to be honest, I recently have been interviewed at a local and well-known vape shop in my area.The owners are super passionate about vaping and the vaping community. I've always have been interested in vaping but I am a total newb. I just understand the basics, such as the components of E-juice and the parts. I'd just like to know what e-juice trends are going on and what is trendy now with vaping. This will really help with my 3rd interview with them. Thanks!
I'd really appreciate it if you guys could let me know what else I should know about vaping.

Last edited:

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A job interview? Sheesh, there is a lot to learn. I would concentrate on the products they carry. Watching youtube videos and reading forums will help, but there is always something new. If you dont keep up with all the new stuff, you will have a hard time. Do you know ohms law and how to wrap coils? Ejuice trends don't matter as much as learning about the juices they sell. Good luck. If you can narrow down your question, we may be able to help you.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Ejuice trends as in flavors or looks? A lot of what sells ejuice is the packaging. Lets not forget it costs bout $1.00 - $2.00 to make a 30ml bottle of juice, the rest is flash.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Maybe this is a little mean....

But if you don't know much about vaping and they are still interested, just show them your tits. It would appear to me, that's why they are interested.

I DETEST shops who employ people that know NOTHING about vaping. Tits don't sell ME anything.

Barkt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe this is a little mean....

But if you don't know much about vaping and they are still interested, just show them your tits. It would appear to me, that's why they are interested.

I DETEST shops who employ people that know NOTHING about vaping. Tits don't sell ME anything.
Its almost stunning how, no matter what the subject is, you can find a way to not only be a dick about it but to do so in such creative ways. I'm new to this forum, but I'm already in awe. You have a true gift

To OP, if you're serious about learning, I wouldn't focus so much on the trends as much as just grounding yourself in the basics. There will always be flash in the pan trends that come and are gone in a month, but understanding the basics behind them is what's truly important. Coil building, ohms law, popular wicking materials/techniques and battery safety are a must. And, if you really want to set yourself apart, see if you can try to find out what kind of builds should be recommended to different knowledge levels. Vape stores that different than any other customer service gig. Learn your product, admit when you don't know something and find out and, above all, listen to the customer's and really try to figure out what would work best for them. The B&M stores that have earned my business are the ones who took the time to talk to me and came up with a solution to whatever my problem was rather than just trying to make a sale.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Its almost stunning how, no matter what the subject is, you can find a way to not only be a dick about it but to do so in such creative ways. I'm new to this forum, but I'm already in awe. You have a true gift
He has a valid point.

Not that long ago, I posted a Facebook screenshot of a shop looking to hire a new employee. It read: preferably female, and the rest of the text can be summed up to: the bigger your tits are, the less you need to know about vaping.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some shops have no business being shops
OP: if you want to learn more youtube is a great place to start

@freemind that was cold blooded but I see what you're saying.

Ace_of_Angels

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

To OP, if you're serious about learning, I wouldn't focus so much on the trends as much as just grounding yourself in the basics. There will always be flash in the pan trends that come and are gone in a month, but understanding the basics behind them is what's truly important. Coil building, ohms law, popular wicking materials/techniques and battery safety are a must. And, if you really want to set yourself apart, see if you can try to find out what kind of builds should be recommended to different knowledge levels. Vape stores that different than any other customer service gig. Learn your product, admit when you don't know something and find out and, above all, listen to the customer's and really try to figure out what would work best for them. The B&M stores that have earned my business are the ones who took the time to talk to me and came up with a solution to whatever my problem was rather than just trying to make a sale.
He wants to know, if I'm aware with whats on the market. Thanks, that really helps. I'll read up on that. I'm planning to stop by some local vape shops to find out more. I really appreciate your input!

Ace_of_Angels

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A job interview? Sheesh, there is a lot to learn. I would concentrate on the products they carry. Watching youtube videos and reading forums will help, but there is always something new. If you dont keep up with all the new stuff, you will have a hard time. Do you know ohms law and how to wrap coils? Ejuice trends don't matter as much as learning about the juices they sell. Good luck. If you can narrow down your question, we may be able to help you.
Right? No kidding. I'm super eager to learn. I think thats why he wanted me to be on top of what is on the market currently. Thanks! I really appreciate it. Besides ohms law and wrapping coils, is there any thing else you would want a seller to know?

Ace_of_Angels

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He has a valid point.

Not that long ago, I posted a Facebook screenshot of a shop looking to hire a new employee. It read: preferably female, and the rest of the text can be summed up to: the bigger your tits are, the less you need to know about vaping.

Yea, but that's not this stores aim. Theyre super passionate about vaping and their store. And I'm actually really interested in it and eager to learn. They're known in my city for their knowledge, so although they are looking for a girl, they really want someone with knowledge about the product. That's why theyre testing me, otherwise they can hire any decent looking female.
I totally know what you mean though and where you're coming from.

noejuice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tell your potential bosses that you're an expert trouble shooter, but what you really specialize in is customer service with a focus on building repeat business. Every time you talk to a potential new client ask them key questions about what THEY know about vaping. Absorb information like a sponge. Become an in-store genius at referring the right people to the other right people. Develop an insatiable lust for all things vape. Stay cool as a cucumber but quickly put the right people with the right products. Work for free for two weeks serving as an apprentice. Clean the shop up. Paint the shop. Help with the looks of the place. Help with security issues, making sure everyone feels comfortable and happy coming and going from the establishment. In the beginning don't worry about money but see how you can contribute to making the overall experience in the shop better for everyone. Only push the best products. Save people time and money. Be human; be yourself; find a niche.

Ace_of_Angels

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I'm totally serious about it.Thanks for giving me a list and letting me know about the basics that I need to know. This'll really help me. I'm planning to visit different vape shops to learn more about the customer service and products. But this gives me something to start off of, so thanks! I really appreciate it.

Ace_of_Angels

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tell your potential bosses that you're an expert trouble shooter, but what you really specialize in is customer service with a focus on building repeat business. Every time you talk to a potential new client ask them key questions about what THEY know about vaping. Absorb information like a sponge. Become an in-store genius at referring the right people to the other right people. Develop an insatiable lust for all things vape. Stay cool as a cucumber but quickly put the right people with the right products. Work for free for two weeks serving as an apprentice. Clean the shop up. Paint the shop. Help with the looks of the place. Help with security issues, making sure everyone feels comfortable and happy coming and going from the establishment. In the beginning don't worry about money but see how you can contribute to making the overall experience in the shop better for everyone. Only push the best products. Save people time and money. Be human; be yourself; find a niche.

Damn... that's a lot to take in. Thanks, I'll try my best to take your advice.

Barkt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Damn... that's a lot to take in. Thanks, I'll try my best to take your advice.
It's great advice though. I deal with customers every day buying what essentially comes down to luxury goods. With the internet available, if all else is equal then there is no reason to pay more in a store than to just order online. But, what a good store can do and what I'm sure the owner realizes is that people do still appreciate customer service and buying from people they can get to know and learn to trust. I shop in person whenever geography and budget allows it. I may pay more in a store but that few dollars difference is more than made up for by the fact that I can ask questions, get opinions and make a connection with the worker. There have been plenty of times where I've walked into my usual vape shop and the owner has said "Oh Barkt, try out this new flavor we just got". Not once have I felt like it was her trying to make a sale and just throwing random bottles at me. She just knows my tastes from repeat business and taking he time to talk to me, so now she can recommend things she thinks will fall in my wheelhouse

Prerequisite knowledge is great, but a small business owner would be a fool to expect a new employee to know everything before being given a chance to work immerse themselves in the business. So brush up on the basics for sure, but if I was you I'd stress the fact that you're good with customers, like to build client relationships and are eager to learn whatever you don't know now. I've been doing my job for 3 years and I know the product like the back of my hand but at least once a week I get a question I don't know the answer to or have never even considered. But my customers appreciate my honesty in admitting that and not just blowing smoke to make a sale. They come back admitting I don't know shows them that I can be trusted to be honest and that I'm willing to go however far I need to to get them the right answers. Be friendly, listen carefully and the rest will happen naturally.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Let's be serious and realistic here.

You are not going to be moderately knowledgeable about vaping in a few weeks.
Especially if you are NOT a vaper yourself. I realize you think I am an asshole, and I may be one. But I am truthful.
The truth is, were this shop concerned with a female that is knowledgeable about vaping, the OPer would not even be a consideration. I am sure there is a small pool of women that are knowledgeable enough for the position. They probably are not 18 and have half their tits hanging out though, which in reality, is what this shop owner wants.

Let's not pretend this is something it's not. You'd like to see her boobs too, I'd bet. I know damn well, you wouldn't like to buy something from her, when she knows nothing about what she would be selling.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trends should be the least of of your focus.
trends fade with the BBD's.(bigger,better deals)

I agree with BARKT that freemind has a certain panache for being blunt and straight to point with little regard for feelings but I also agree with freeminds (generalized opinion) that your employer might just be hiring you as walking advertising.
the shop owners that employ these tactics are viewing vaping just as the thread title reads,.....a trend..
if you're serious about learning the ins and outs to benefit the public than my suggestion would be to apply to other locations.
if you're simply looking for a trendy retail position,i'd suggest just about any store in any mall.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let's be serious and realistic here.

You are not going to be moderately knowledgeable about vaping in a few weeks.
Especially if you are NOT a vaper yourself. I realize you think I am an asshole, and I may be one. But I am truthful.
The truth is, were this shop concerned with a female that is knowledgeable about vaping, the OPer would not even be a consideration. I am sure there is a small pool of women that are knowledgeable enough for the position. They probably are not 18 and have half their tits hanging out though, which in reality, is what this shop owner wants.

Let's not pretend this is something it's not. You'd like to see her boobs too, I'd bet. I know damn well, you wouldn't like to buy something from her, when she knows nothing about what she would be selling.

What a load of horseshit. You offer nothing to the OP. You really should consider not shitting on people. It get's old.

Vaping is extremely easy to learn. I learned 90% of everything I needed to know in about three days including DIY. Battery. Coil. Juice. The basics are simple. The rest was properly identified as trend(I call it hype) by the OP.

OP,

Just read the various posts on the forums. There is an endless supply of help topics that include recommendations from people on the forum. You'll pick up on what is usually recommended for different set ups for people's individual needs pretty quick.

Barkt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Freemind, you're right. Do I feel that you stated your point originally in the worst possible manner? Yes. Do i think you get off on being the blunt guy who tells the "truth" regardless of tact and general decency? Yes. But that doesn't mean your entire point is wrong. I don't like having questions answered by in knowledgeable people, but only if they are pretending to know more than they really do.

However, like any business, not everyone is going to be an expert. Some employees will make recommendations and sell things. Others will do less "skilled" jobs. Restocking shelves, checking in orders, ringing people out, etc. OP may doing those kinds of things but if she's smart and pays attention it won't take long to learn from those around her. Until then she will have to do grunt work to make herself useful, but that doesn't need to last forever

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
freemind isn't right about anything.

Vaping is extremely easy to learn. Ohm's law is 7th grade algebra. Wrapping a coil takes all of an hour to learn. It might take a day to learn to DIY e-juice.

Without the trends and marketing hype that goes with them, what mods, attys, tanks and juice is on the market, there isn't much to know about vaping.

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What a load of horseshit. You offer nothing to the OP. You really should consider not shitting on people. It get's old.

Vaping is extremely easy to learn. I learned 90% of everything I needed to know in about three days including DIY. Battery. Coil. Juice. The basics are simple. The rest was properly identified as trend(I call it hype) by the OP.

OP,

Just read the various posts on the forums. There is an endless supply of help topics that include recommendations from people on the forum. You'll pick up on what is usually recommended for different set ups for people's individual needs pretty quick.

I offered very valuable advice. I said show him your tits. That's what the guy wants to see. It really won't matter what she says anyway. If this guy was SERIOUS about hiring a knowledgeable lady, she would NOT be considered. That she has a third interview, only speaks volumes that the shop owner wants her sex appeal, not her (lack of) vape knowledge. So go fuck yourself, fat boy.

She can go in there looking like a Nun, and spout off the very real lack of any tangible knowledge she has, and not get the job. Or she can flash some flesh and get the job.

Rude and crude, or not. It's a fact, Jack.

Here's another uncomfortable factoid for you. Had this young lady looked like she fell down the ugly tree, never missing a branch, no one would have replied to this thread. Lots of internet Romeo's everywhere.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ejuice trends as in flavors or looks? A lot of what sells ejuice is the packaging. Lets not forget it costs bout $1.00 - $2.00 to make a 30ml bottle of juice, the rest is flash.
This is why I just make my own....

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I offered very valuable advice. I said show him your tits. That's what the guy wants to see. It really won't matter what she says anyway. If this guy was SERIOUS about hiring a knowledgeable lady, she would NOT be considered. That she has a third interview, only speaks volumes that the shop owner wants her sex appeal, not her (lack of) vape knowledge. So go fuck yourself, fat boy.

She can go in there looking like a Nun, and spout off the very real lack of any tangible knowledge she has, and not get the job. Or she can flash some flesh and get the job.

Here's another uncomfortable factoid for you. Had this young lady looked like she fell down the ugly tree, never missing a branch, no one would have replied to this thread. Lots of internet Romeo's everywhere.

LOL. Rude and crude doesn't have anything to do with it. I said your post was horseshit because it's horseshit. Not one ounce of fact in anything you posted in this thread. You don't know what the shop owner wants. You can't read minds. You are half retarded if you think learning about vaping is difficult. ;)

Last edited:

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you're serious about learning then my 2 cents would be batteries...battery safety, battery types, battery brands, battery ratings and in relation to what battery is good for each type of application....the scariest thing about my local brick and mortars is there are these clowns that will sell a mech and a dripper and then do a stupid build like a twisted 24 gauge single or something to show off they can build and then sell a cheap ass 5 amp battery with it and then my friends wonder why their mod instantly heats up....learning product and trend takes time and always is changing but the safety aspect is paramount above all. Ohm's law basics are not hard to grasp and IMR and LiPo batteries drive pretty much everything we vape on these days. Learning your batteries as well as the market trends will put you in a good starting point and able to better help customers and not just make you "advertising" as has been suggested. Good luck... :)

Ace_of_Angels

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOL. Rude and crude doesn't have anything to do with it. I said your post was horseshit because it's horseshit. Not one ounce of fact in anything you posted in this thread. You don't know what the shop owner wants. You can't read minds. You are half retarded if you think learning about vaping is difficult. ;)
That's exactly what I mean! They were really hesitant about hiring me because of the lack of experience or knowledge, but I'm eager to learn so that's why I'm getting the chance to prove to them how interested I am in their company. If they were just interested in my gender or the way I looked, (which suddenly seems to be the focus of where this post is heading) they would've hired me on the spot. I actually don't think I'll get this position tbh, but I'm still eager to learn about vaping. So thank you for offering your advice ! Hope you have a good day and don't let anyone kill your vibe

Ace_of_Angels

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey freemind, I appreciate your direct approach.

Good luck OP. Too many b&m employees seem content to remain under informed.
Thanks! Yea, the guy who was interviewing clearly said he doesn't want someone like that. That's shy I'm really trying to find out more about vaping before we talk next time.

Ace_of_Angels

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

The third interview is meant to test me on what I found out on vaping. You're a realist, I get it. You're just simply stating fact of how society is, we're living in a very superficial & appearance based world. I appreciate your advice and I can totally see where you're coming from. But you've got some serious negative vibes going on and that's not how I plan to get this position. I actually am interested in how vaping can help people and giving the customer the best experience possible. Sure, I don't know much about vaping but I can learn. And I bet you were not the expert you are today when you started either, everyone has to start somewhere. I'm looking for advice, and your advice was good but not the advice I need. So thanks, but no thanks

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
http://www.vapingunderground.com/th...aping-and-want-huge-clouds.57203/#post-342212

The link above was for a beginner Vapor wanting to to know how to get into cloud chasing. In the middle of the thread I wrote a basic "what to be thinking about when you start cloud chasing" piece. It's fairly broad and general but the details in it are the questions and thoughts you want to have when you have new customers coming in looking to buy their first or better upgrade to the gear they have...not just for cloud chasing but the thought process can be applied to any vape purchase in general....buying with the future in mind and not just an impulse buy to make you happy for a day

Ace_of_Angels

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you're serious about learning then my 2 cents would be batteries...battery safety, battery types, battery brands, battery ratings and in relation to what battery is good for each type of application....the scariest thing about my local brick and mortars is there are these clowns that will sell a mech and a dripper and then do a stupid build like a twisted 24 gauge single or something to show off they can build and then sell a cheap ass 5 amp battery with it and then my friends wonder why their mod instantly heats up....learning product and trend takes time and always is changing but the safety aspect is paramount above all. Ohm's law basics are not hard to grasp and IMR and LiPo batteries drive pretty much everything we vape on these days. Learning your batteries as well as the market trends will put you in a good starting point and able to better help customers and not just make you "advertising" as has been suggested. Good luck... :)

I was reading up on that! I just haven't looked at what batteries were on the market yet. I'm really trying my hardest, but I don't think these guys are going to hire me because of the lack of knowledge tbh, at most I just understand the basics like what the parts are, ohms law and the contents of e-juice. Why IMR and LiPo batteries? Are they safer? You're right, I should focus on the basics. He just said it would be cool if I knew what was on the market currently. Thanks for your input btw, I really appreciate it

Ace_of_Angels

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
http://www.vapingunderground.com/th...aping-and-want-huge-clouds.57203/#post-342212

The link above was for a beginner Vapor wanting to to know how to get into cloud chasing. In the middle of the thread I wrote a basic "what to be thinking about when you start cloud chasing" piece. It's fairly broad and general but the details in it are the questions and thoughts you want to have when you have new customers coming in looking to buy their first or better upgrade to the gear they have...not just for cloud chasing but the thought process can be applied to any vape purchase in general....buying with the future in mind and not just an impulse buy to make you happy for a day
Thank you so much! This is what I'm looking for!

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hello? I don't get it...it let me say high but it won't let me post what I wrote. I am going to start another thread called battery basics in the battery section. Hopefully the OP will see this since I wrote out a big thing to help her and it won't let me post it here or in a PM...damn bugs are starting to piss me off

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was reading up on that! I just haven't looked at what batteries were on the market yet. I'm really trying my hardest, but I don't think these guys are going to hire me because of the lack of knowledge tbh, at most I just understand the basics like what the parts are, ohms law and the contents of e-juice. Why IMR and LiPo batteries? Are they safer? You're right, I should focus on the basics. He just said it would be cool if I knew what was on the market currently. Thanks for your input btw, I really appreciate it

"IMR" and "INR hybrid" chemistry batteries are what's called "high drain" batteries. The bulk of them are 18650 and 26650 in size but there are some IMR/INR batteries that are in 1835 and 18490/18500 and even 14500/14650 and 16340 sized as well. They're cylinder shaped pretty much...the numbers are the size of the battery....and 18650 batter is 18mm in diameter and 65.0 mm in height for example. The "IMR" and "INR" are short hand for "Lithium Manganese Round" meaning the chemistry of the battery and it's basic shape. "INR hybrid" stands for "Lithium Nickel Manganese hybrid Round" again stating its basic ingredients and shape. These are what's known as "high drain" chemistry batteries meaning they have a much higher amperage discharge rate than the older ICR or "Lithium Cobalt Round" chemistry batteries. Battery's life or storage capacity is measured in milliamp hours or "mah" rating. Basically 1000 mah is the same as 1 "amp hour." So if you have a battery that has a storage capacity of 1000 mah or aH than it can be discharged at a rate of 1 amp for 60 minutes before it is drained.

How fast the battery can be drained or discharged is measured in amps and is also referred to as the batteries "Continuous Amp drain limit rating" or simply known also as the "C" rating. So if a battery has a MAH rating of 2000 mah and a "C" rating of "2" then the battery can discharge at a rate of 4 amps for 1 hour before it is completely drained. There is also another drain limit known as the "pulse amp drain limit." Anytime you discharge a battery above it's continuous drain limit you are "pulsing" the battery. IMR/INR batteries have a superficial rating also known as the "pulse limit." The pulse limit is like an emergency safety net. Batteries can only be pulsed for a few seconds above their continuous drain limit rating and each battery has a different max amp pulse limit and how long it can be pulsed at that limit. The battery will get warm quickly if it is being "pulsed" and after it's done being pulsed it will need several minutes to cool down and settle before you should use it again. If you pulse a battery for too long you create stress on the battery (I’ll explain this later) and can cause it to overload and "vent" also known unofficially as "thermal meltdown". But more on that in a bit

The older LCR batteries typically have highest storage capacity and mah ratings of at least 2500 mah up to 3400 mah on average...but despite having a large mah capacity the chemistry is not very stable and can only be discharged at a rate of 1 or 2 C depending on the battery. So if you had a 3400 mah battery and it had a max drain rate of 2C then it's max discharge rate is 6.8 amps which would drain the battery in 30 minutes if drained continuously. Unlike IMR/INR batteries, ICR's don't really have the flexibility of a pulse limit and their 2C rating is the max you want to push them for safety's sake.

IMR/INR batteries are of a more stable nature. They have a lower internal resistance as well allowing them to discharge at a much higher rate than their ICR cousins but they lack the storage capacity in trade for this higher drain limit. The average mah rating of these batteries right now on the market is between 1500-2500 mah and the continuous amp drain ratings for most of them are 20 amps but some like the VTC 3's and 4's are 30 amp continuous drain. These batteries also have the higher "pulse" limit to allow for a safety cushion if there is a sudden spike in current draw and even though they are more stable and have a high current draw they can still vent and go thermal if mishandled.

A LiPo or “Lithium Polymer” battery is the third most common type. These are similar to the battery in your cell phone for lack of a better reference. They can be molded into any shape and have the lowest internal resistance of these three types of batteries giving them a fairly high storage capacity as well as an average amp discharge of 15 to 20 "C". These batteries, unlike the others are hard wired into whatever device they are used for and must be charged via internal charging plug with a micro USB being the most common. Because of their lower internal resistance and more stable nature typically a LiPo battery with the same storage capacity as an IMR will out preform the INR and last longer.

Just like the resistance of your atomizer your battery has "internal resistance" from the current passing through the materials it's stored in. LiPo batteries have the lowest internal resistance and ICR's have the highest on the norm. The lower the internal resistance the more efficient the battery will perform. Over the natural lifespan of a battery just from normal use the internal resistance slowly increases causing a decrease in storage capacity and output performance. Eventually it will get to the point where the battery will no longer function properly and will have to be replaced and recycled.

Misuse of batteries such as pushing a battery to it's Max continuous drain limit constantly or pushing it into it's pulse limit constantly will cause stress on the battery. This is most noticeable as the battery gets extremely hot. High stress and high heat cause the battery's internal resistance to rise prematurely. This is part of a safety build into the battery to help prevent it from thermal meltdown. Unfortunately, once a battery has been stressed hard enough to increase the internal resistance it can't be undone and the battery's life and performance abilities will have been shortened permanently. When a battery is pushed too hard, to hot, to fast that it cannot raise it's internal resistance fast enough to protect it's self...the battery will then "vent" or go into thermal meltdown. The temperature of the battery will be near boiling hot and pressure will build up very rapidly....if the mod the battery is in doesn't have sufficient ventilation then it can blow the mod apart with bomb like force. These are the explosions that the media loves to use to smear vaping’s good name. A meltdown happens very fast. The rapid heat and maybe if you’re lucky a “hiss” is all the warning you get before it happens…the best you can do is throw the mod away from you and anyone else it could harm if you’re outside. If inside try and get it in a tub or sink if possible but if it is more than a second’s reach from you just throw the mod in the safest place and hope for the best.

If you google battery university or even go through the battery section of the forum it’s full of good reference material. Some of the most popular batteries on the market right now are the Samsung 20R, the Samsung 25R, the LG HE2 and HE4, MXJO, Efest batteries, AW brand batteries, and the infamous “Sony” VTC 3’s and 4’s….even though the VTC 5’s are highly sought after they aren’t currently readily available and if someone says they have new ones for sale there is a good chance it is fake or if it is real they will ask more than it’s worth for it. There is so much I go on and on about when it comes to batteries but here is the just of the basics about them. A good site to learn about the specifics of them would be like www.RTDvapor.com as they list most of the popular batteries basic specs and memorize them. I hope this helps and it wasn’t too long winded

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's exactly what I mean! They were really hesitant about hiring me because of the lack of experience or knowledge, but I'm eager to learn so that's why I'm getting the chance to prove to them how interested I am in their company. If they were just interested in my gender or the way I looked, (which suddenly seems to be the focus of where this post is heading) they would've hired me on the spot. I actually don't think I'll get this position tbh, but I'm still eager to learn about vaping. So thank you for offering your advice ! Hope you have a good day and don't let anyone kill your vibe

Don't worry, feemind isn't going to kill my vibe. There is a reason he didn't offer anything useful to you. He doesn't actually know anything.

To learn what's on the market and what is popular currently you will just have read the forums and click the links to read the vendor descriptions. Pick threads that ask for help with choosing setups, mods, RDA's, Tanks, etc. Google the suggestions that don't have links. Look for video reviews and reviews here on the forum. Pay attention to what forum members recommend and why they recommend it.

For instance, subtanks are hot right now. Do a site search and read about them.

Read the threads in the following links;

http://vapingunderground.com/forums/unregulated-mechanical-mods.406/
http://vapingunderground.com/forums/clearomizers-glassomizers-tanks.401/
http://vapingunderground.com/forums/regulated-mods-variable-voltage-wattage-3-7v.398/
http://vapingunderground.com/forums/general-rebuildable-discussion.43/

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey freemind, I appreciate your direct approach.

Which is exactly why I go to this man if I have questions about new gear and the like. No bullshit and always a direct answer, he's never steered me wrong! (Thanks @freemind) ;)
I also have to mention that the only thing worse than an employee who knows less about the product than the customer is one who acts like they invented vaping. I actually stopped going to my local b&m because of one arrogant little female prick working there, seems I always got stuck with her any time I went in. She actually curled her nose at my gear once while she was huffing on her new "latest and greatest" box mod that I couldn't afford even if they'd had any. The last time I was in there was to return a malfunctioning tank she'd sold me a couple of days before. (They do have a 2-week return policy) after she implied that the problem was something I was doing, I busted the damn thing down right in front of her and showed her what the issue was and then she spouted off "Well, I tried to tell you when I sold it to you...." She told me shit and nothing of the sort about the factory defect that it was and said she could only replace it with another just like it. No thanks. Haven't been back and have no intention of returning. I work with the public, I can get a condescending attitude someplace else for free.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^^^^ Have no clue as to why my comment was included in the quote.....HA!

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Right? No kidding. I'm super eager to learn. I think thats why he wanted me to be on top of what is on the market currently. Thanks! I really appreciate it. Besides ohms law and wrapping coils, is there any thing else you would want a seller to know?
Wow! This thread really has taken off! At this point, I really hope you do get the job. Of course it is nice to have a woman in the shop. It could be very intimidating for anyone to walk in if the shop is full of bearded, tatooed and pierced young men. That describes a lot of advanced vapers, who can build your coils, etc. But, who is there shop serving? And, what are they selling? Sub ohm tanks are the latest trend, but they are not for everyone. Smokers are used to mouth to lung inhales, while these tanks and drippers are used for direct lung inhaling. As a newbie, you won't be making coils anyway. You need to find the best fit for each person and keep them coming back for more! A friendly person can do that. If you do get the job, you will learn a lot from your regulars. Vapers hang out in the shops and discuss all the new stuff and will even help you out. Know the difference between regulated and unregulated. Learn about the subtank, atlantis, and the other tanks they are selling. Do they have a house juice line? Sell that. Do they sell expensive stuff? Check out a site like giantvapes to see the big names, what's new and popular. Take your time aand let people try different devices and flavors. Most of all, Good Luck! :)

Ace_of_Angels

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow! This thread really has taken off! At this point, I really hope you do get the job. Of course it is nice to have a woman in the shop. It could be very intimidating for anyone to walk in if the shop is full of bearded, tatooed and pierced young men. That describes a lot of advanced vapers, who can build your coils, etc. But, who is there shop serving? And, what are they selling? Sub ohm tanks are the latest trend, but they are not for everyone. Smokers are used to mouth to lung inhales, while these tanks and drippers are used for direct lung inhaling. As a newbie, you won't be making coils anyway. You need to find the best fit for each person and keep them coming back for more! A friendly person can do that. If you do get the job, you will learn a lot from your regulars. Vapers hang out in the shops and discuss all the new stuff and will even help you out. Know the difference between regulated and unregulated. Learn about the subtank, atlantis, and the other tanks they are selling. Do they have a house juice line? Sell that. Do they sell expensive stuff? Check out a site like giantvapes to see the big names, what's new and popular. Take your time aand let people try different devices and flavors. Most of all, Good Luck! :)
Thanks! I hope I get it too, cause I do plan on going into the interview dressed as a nun ( since lately, it's been pretty cold where I'm from.) I'm more of a hands on learner tbh. I'll let you know :) thanks for being the first to contribute to this post. I've worked in a bar, so I saw plenty of " bearded, tattooed and pierced young men", guys in construction and men in suits. And that's when I noticed a lot of people in my area were starting to vape. When I found out what it could do, i.e. help a person ease off of tobacco, I became more interested in it. They mix their own flavours of e-juice, theyre the only ones that do that in my location. Yes they do, and from the looks of it, they mainly carry subtanks. They're carrying mods from Praxis, RDA's by Praxis, Ego one, Delta II, etc. From the looks of their reviews and what I've seen, they serve people who are starting out to even advanced vapers. People are saying that they get great advice from this B&M location

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol! If you worked in a bar, you will probably be an excellent addition to the staff. I would ditch the nun outfit, though, haahaa! Vaping is indeed a wonderful, tasty life saver. Since they mix a "house" juice, people will keep coming back for more and there is more profit than selling eliquid from others. Custards were all the rage, then cereal type flavors took over. If they have a net, or naturally extracted tobacco, that may help people get off the "fags" easier as they contain more than just nicotine. Newbies may prefer tobacco or menthol flavors. I'm not familiar with Praxis, but they probably make similar products. The Ego one is a complete system, top and bottom and is made to go together safely. However, you cannot change the voltage or wattage as it is fixed. If someone buys a mod with a battery attached, they have to charge it and won't be able to take it out and about while charging. They would need two mods in that case. Some mods have removeable batteries, mostly 18650 size. Just pop in a fresh one and off you go. You would need at least two 18650's and a charger. I prefer those devices. Mechanical mods are usually cheaper, but you cannot change the voltage or wattage. And, if using a sub ohm tank, you need to use a highly rated battery. Most people will tell you to stay away from anything with fire in the name, such as Trustfire brand. Then, there is airflow control. Newbies might like less air while advanced usually like more. You can control the airflow with these tanks. Usually close it down for a new person. Also, some tanks will come with both subohm, .5 heads and maybe a 1.2 head. A new person may prefer 1.2 to start. But, they can grow into that type of tank, eg., they can use the same tank when they want to sub ohm. Nicotine strength is another issue. You need to ask what and how much they smoke. With a lot of airflow, you get a lot of vapor and a lot of nicotine. Too much and they might feel sick, not enough and they might smoke. I can't think of much else to tell you. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. As a woman, I love to see more women in the vaping world! :)

VU Sponsors