Become a Patron!

Triple Core Fused Clapton. Help!

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've tried a "simple" triple core fused build at least a half dozen times and CANNOT keep the cores aligned. With a swivel, without a swivel, different gauges, tried putting less tension on the wrap wire, taping the cores at various intervals, and it just won't happen. I can't get further than a half inch from the chuck. Eventually I gave up, let the cores collapse, and tried the hammer method. I only get an inch or two in before I come across a spot that simply won't line up.

I've searched youtube and google thoroughly and the closest thing I can find to a tutorial is on triple core aliens, which didn't say much about keeping the cores aligned, mostly focused on the wrap. I want these coils badly, I just can't get the job done. I'd prefer to do it without a hammer, but I'll be happy with any method that does the trick. I will be eternally grateful to anyone who can provide some advice and help make this happen.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had this problem with aliens... I gave up on em. I just don't have the same patience the last couple months. Hopefully someone can help you out soon, I'm curious as well

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You need to you Ribbon Sliders to keep the cores aligned, Take a 2"-3" peice of Ribbon wire and wrap it loosely around the cores, then pinch it with nylon pliers. Slide this while you wrap in intervals or 1/4".

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I would take raymos advice. But I'd also offset them in your chuck. So have all three cores parallel, and pinched together between two of the chucks, not in the center. For me, that's critical

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How do you have your core aligned in the chuck? Here's a pic of 3 cores properly aligned. Along with what Ray and AVS said, you should be able to get the 3 core FC down with a little practice.

2016-09-06 22.42.50.jpg 2016-09-06 22.45.26.jpg

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the advice y'all. I always start with the wires slightly offset in the chuck so that it pinches them flat, then after a half inch or so I center it. The ribbon slider is an excellent idea, I've been trying to think of something similar but didn't have any ideas that seemed feasible. I'll definitely give it a shot and post an update later on.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You could also use a paper clip to keep them straight, then slide it along the length as needed.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Success!

plR3LQr6j

pn7BedHKj

pnvirCIIj

I had to use what I had on hand, so I fused some 26g kanthal and used used that as a slide. It's 28/36 SS316L, came out to .09. Vaping like a dream. Thanks so much for the help guys, I feel like I've finally defeated my arch nemesis.
Awe the photos show dead links. Can you fix
Please?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors