Become a Patron!

Triton mini coils in my nautilus mini something not quite right

So I really enjoy my nautilus mini tank and have enjoyed the 1.6 ohm coils greatly. I've heard that the triton mini coils are even better and give "new life" to the nautilus and nautilus mini. So, curious, I went ahead and bought some triton mini coils (both 1.8 & 1.2 ohm). I got them and started with the 1.8. I did everything correctly, primed, used same exact juice I always use, and tried it after about 15 minutes of letting it sit. I vaped everywhere between 12 and 17 watts and the vape was very harsh with an extreme throat hit, I can barely handle a full draw without it being too harsh. But most curiously, VERY little vapor. Little flavor as well. I worked with it all day and decided to try the 1.2s. Same preparation, same results. I can not find anything I'm doing wrong but I just can't seem to get a satisfying vape out of these coils. I got them at a reputable online store as well. With these vaping like this I can't understand the hype, it seems my original 1.6 ohm coils far outperform the triton mini coils but that goes against everything I've seen and read online. What am I doing wrong with these coils? Should I try again by ordering some from a specific online seller?

Last edited:

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have used the mini triton clapton coil in my regular nautilus. My bro & SIL use the same coil for their mini nautilus without any problems. I buy the coils at Sweet-vapes in Sheboygan, WI.

Some ideas:
Prime coil prior to placement
Use a pin to fluff cotton inside the coil
Go back to regular Nautilus coils
Wait for the new nautilus 2 to come out this month.
Clean the tank and start over

I wish I could help but I would say the coils are bad.

I did prime but have not considered fluffing the cotton. I'll give it a try but they may just be bad coils. I haven't heard about the upcoming nautilus 2 either. Definitely intriguing. Thanks.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Forgot to add: If you are using more than 50% vg you might need to thin your eliquid. My experience is it will clog the coil and it will taste harsh/dry hits.

This is indeed good advice. I have been using fairly high vg as that is the way my favorite juice comes. My t22 tank sometimes has a harder time wicking it if I do consecutive puffs. My 1.6 ohm original nautilus coils, however, never have had issues, they keep up like a champ. I've also seen others go on about how, in their experience, the triton mini coils do very well consistently with high vg.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My wife has 2 triton mini tanks, both using the 1.8 ohm clapton coil with high VG juice, and I am also the same coil in my kabuki with high VG, neither of us are having a problem with them, she vapes at 14.5 watts and I am at 14 watts, my coils came from myfreedomsmokes.com

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe you got a bad batch or "clone" coils. I personally use Nautilus coils in my Triton Mini and Nautilus Mini's (1.8 ohm) from Fasttech. I tried the Triton Mini Clapton coils once, and it seemed the flavor was muted and vapor production was not nearly as good as the Nautilus coils.

VU Sponsors