Become a Patron!

Triton Mini flooding

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
My Triton Mini has been my daily tank for almost a year, MTLer here.
It's started flooding badly all of a sudden, never a problem before. O rings or some sealing problem?
Any ideas, do these things just wear out?

I'm using the Triton Clapton coils, I've changed them out a couple times with no change. The Mini floods on any mod. My other Mini w/Clapton works fine. A couple take downs and reassembles no help.

Time for a new one?

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
No response but it must be a sign someone resurrected this thread on Nautilus flooding --
http://www.vapingunderground.com/threads/aspire-nautilus-constantly-flooding.14204/

Of course the Nautilus Mini and Triton Mini are basically the same, using the same coils.
I got flooding with different Triton Clapton coils, I still get flooding with new standard Nautilus BVC coils from a batch that has worked fine. I had no luck with new O-rings on both ends of the glass, installed correctly.

I do see a difference with my regular Triton Mini and my other that sees less use. The fill collar at the top is much freer, looser than the other. So there is wear, maybe slop screwing up the vacuum? I don't know, maybe wear elsewhere so, yeah, ordering a new one. Love my Nautilus/Triton Minis.

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
Not a lot of interest, maybe this info will be of use to someone.

I've apparently fixed the Mini. As I mentioned, I noticed the fill ring on the top section was looser than my other less-used Mini. I dropped my rig the other day, deflecting it with my foot before it hit concrete. Not as bad as it might have been, still a decent hit.

I looked into the top section, top cap with filler holes and ring, chimney bottom section. Two cylindrical sleeves, one inside the other. Looking up into the chimney, I saw a silver ring that doesn't turn when the inner sleeve with filler holes at top turns. I figured it was a press fit so I took a punch -- a 1/4" ratchet extension in this case -- and tapped it with a small hammer a couple times.

Voila! Now a tight fit, a stiff but smooth turn of the filler ring. So stiff I'll make a point to only turn it clockwise so as not to unscrew some other section of the Mini. Anyway, horrible horrible flooding and gurgling all gone.:):):):):)

Not a lot of interest, maybe this info will be of use to someone.

I've apparently fixed the Mini. As I mentioned, I noticed the fill ring on the top section was looser than my other less-used Mini. I dropped my rig the other day, deflecting it with my foot before it hit concrete. Not as bad as it might have been, still a decent hit.

I looked into the top section, top cap with filler holes and ring, chimney bottom section. Two cylindrical sleeves, one inside the other. Looking up into the chimney, I saw a silver ring that doesn't turn when the inner sleeve with filler holes at top turns. I figured it was a press fit so I took a punch -- a 1/4" ratchet extension in this case -- and tapped it with a small hammer a couple times.

Voila! Now a tight fit, a stiff but smooth turn of the filler ring. So stiff I'll make a point to only turn it clockwise so as not to unscrew some other section of the Mini. Anyway, horrible horrible flooding and gurgling all gone.:):):):):)

Thanks !!!! :hug: I had same problem, the gap between the two cylinders was very small, I couldn't see it but I noticed that it had loose stiff. Now it's perfect, and no flooding anymore !! I thought it came from a worn o-ring, and I could not find any spare :headbang:

VU Sponsors