Become a Patron!

Troll rta OR OBS engine?? Which to get!

splash104

Member For 2 Years
Hey guys,
I have two options in front of me at the moment but I'm confused as to which I should go for. Troll or OBS engine RTA?? Pls give in your 2 cents.

Cheers!

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Can't comment on the Troll but you really can't go wrong with an Engine. I love it so much I bought one for my youngin'.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have both of them.

The troll v2 is just as good as any rda for the price point. Easy build, deep juice well, good airflow, multiple driptip sizes included, and well built.

The engine has its merits. Namely, impossible to leak.

But I am an almost exclusive dripper. For me, the engine has a small deck (always gonna be smaller on an rta vs an rda) The airflow only from the top makes it vape on the hot side and does not help flavor. I mainly used it for specific times when I could not drip and needed something that could go in a pocket in a hurry.

My vote is the troll v2. But I will always choose the dripper.

splash104

Member For 2 Years
I'm talking about the troll RTA. I already have the troll v2 and it's amazing. I wanted to compare between troll RTA and obs engine.

Have both of them.

The troll v2 is just as good as any rda for the price point. Easy build, deep juice well, good airflow, multiple driptip sizes included, and well built.

The engine has its merits. Namely, impossible to leak.

But I am an almost exclusive dripper. For me, the engine has a small deck (always gonna be smaller on an rta vs an rda) The airflow only from the top makes it vape on the hot side and does not help flavor. I mainly used it for specific times when I could not drip and needed something that could go in a pocket in a hurry.

My vote is the troll v2. But I will always choose the dripper.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm talking about the troll RTA. I already have the troll v2 and it's amazing. I wanted to compare between troll RTA and obs engine.

I personally am not a fan of 3 post decks, which I am pretty sure the original troll is. So I recant my previous statement.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Troll: very good flavor. I don't own 1, but spent an afternoon at a local shop Vaping on 1. Some have complained that the peek insulator is susceptible to melting since it sits between the positive and negative post "bars". So maybe best to avoid big builds on it. The guy who owned the troll says he's careful not to pulse it too much and at too high a wattage. He uses a wire brush to clean it and only pulse to check for hot spots. Btw, he had ss316 claptons in it the day we tested tanks.
But damn good flavor and vape. I will probably buy 1 because it has amazing flavor.
Engine: you can buy either single or dual coil version. I have both and love them. With the right builds, flavor is very good. Maybe not the absolute best, but still very good. Add that it just won't leak, makes it a winner in my book. Play with the position of the coils and the type of wire you use and you will find it very satisfying. Some have complain that the flavor is muted. I don't think they put the right build on it.
Some engines have poor threading. On 1 of 3 I own, I can feel grinding when I tighten the deck down.

VU Sponsors