Trouble breathing after two years vaping

Discussion in 'Vaping Health Related' started by billiam, Oct 14, 2016.

1. pizzadave80

pizzadave80 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    In response to @Pyroking253...i made a comment on this post a long time ago. I had some symptoms that I blamed on vaping. I am now breathing just fine. My body took some time to adjust to the vapor, but now I don't feel any different than before I vaped. Unlike many, I am a vapor and was never a smoker. I used to chew tobacco to take the edge off and didn't want to get back into that nasty habit. That being said I normally vape 3 mg big or even 0 Nov. I'm finding that simply taking a break and vaping in some delicious flavors takes the edge off even without nicotine. It's like a form of meditation for me now. Besides all that.....the great people I've met vaping, including those on this forum, have made it a great group to be a part of.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MrFixIt, HazyShades and ej1024 like this.
  2. David Wolf

David Wolf Bronze Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    If your dr can't find anything then it's very likely the high VG, or less likely the flavor your vaping. high VG does that to me and some others I know. Try 70pg/30 VG or even 80pg/20vg and maybe try mouth to lung instead of direct to lung.

HazyShades likes this.
  3. HazyShades

HazyShades Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    ...moreover, as you know our lungs don't need to be involved at all.
    The mucus membranes in the mouth do a great job of ingesting nicotine. All we have to do is play with the vapor.
    I know several asthmatic vapers, some of them in this forum who never inhale when they vape.

4. Ms. Trixy

Ms. Trixy It's the Most Magical Time of The Year! VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    As much as I hate to post here, I too am experiencing coughing of clear sputum. No more chunks like when I smoked. But hacking up phlegm. First time in at least 2 years. Not to be gross, but the sputum still has that salty taste about it, but nothing else...clear as a bell. I'm vaping pretty much 70v or higher in my tanks and attys. Is this a second round to, "You're doing great, Trixy"? One of the reasons I vape is not only to get my nic fix, but the satisfaction of the vapor production. If it were any other illness, like my back surgery, I wouldn't mention it. But since it's my lungs, well...

5. Kuin

Kuin New Member

Blog Posts:
    Sorry to the people I tagged i don't know how to publicly post on here maybe you can help me out)
    Hey everyone I've been vapping for about 3 years now and for the last few months I've had a mixed amount of side effects. The effects I've experienced are sore throat, sore weezy lungs, feeling like I'm gong to puke, head aches that last on constianly for a week, to feeling like I can't think properly, when I used to drink I would get the spins from nothing, or feeling like I'm freezing cold when I got high. That's my list I know those effects for drinking and smoking occoured from the vape because I've subsequently stopped vapping to an amount that's once a day and all the effects that I felt have stopped except the head aches that go away until I next vape, the vape juices I've used have been between 3 and 6 are low pg or none at all. Im just curiouse if any other seasond vapers are experiencing any of this. Or if anyone is experiencing this from being a vaper for a longer period of time. I would love to see what other people have to say and if anyone relates please message me. The other thing is if anyone knows of any clinical studies going on about the effects of vapping, or doctors work ing on the effects of it to get in contact with me. Maybe I'm miss diagnosing these effects I've experienced but I can only know if this gets heard if you've read this please share it so I can put my mind to rest.

6. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    It may well be that it's not *caused* by vaping, but that vaping makes it worse. If you've vaped for 3 yrs and had none of that, and suddenly start having it, I think the first thing to do is visit a doctor -- and I seldom advise that, and never lightly, being without insurance personally, and having a general contempt for the medical profession -- but if you're doing something for several years without adverse effects, and suddenly you develop a gamut of symptoms like that... vaping wouldn't be my first choice as to the cause.

You might try using less VG; we're in the minority for sure, but there's a substantial segment of vapers who have a hard time with VG, it's so thick and coats the airways so thickly. But again, that wouldn't address ALL your symptoms, so I think a checkup is definitely a good idea.

Andria

7. The Cromwell

The Cromwell VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    High VG?
    Or 2 years worth of damage accumulated from still smoking?
    At least it sounds like you still smoke.
    And have asthma?
    sounds like you use nicotine as a stimulant as well...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  8. MrFixIt

MrFixIt Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:

Please tell me you are not being serious here? You have asthma and you are vaping and smoking? Question for you how many packs of cigarettes a day did you smoke before you decided to try vaping to quit? If you are having trouble breathing then you need cease all activity related to vaping and smoking. You may want to see about getting some breathing treatments and perhaps a course of prednisone to take to see if that doesn't fix you up. I'm surprised you haven't had an asthma attack yet.

9. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Well, speaking as an asthmatic who's been a successful vaper for over 3 yrs... the smoking really does need to go. If you mean "that other stuff," that too can be vaped -- http://www.seegovapor.com/vhit-series-vaporizer/seego-vhit-reload -- and it's a lot easier on the lungs that way.

I would also advise using higher PG than VG; if you've been using rescue inhalers for several decades as I have been, then PG won't even cause irritation -- not because rescue inhalers contain it, they don't, but your throat is used to inhaling something that causes irritation and dryness already; vaping PG probably won't cause anything worse. VG is very thick; it's like painting something with thick paint rather than thin paint. Thin paint accumulates, um, THINLY; thick paint accumulates thickly, and your airways can feel the difference.

VG is no more "natural and safe" than PG; both are created in a laboratory, and both are organic chemicals, which are actually somewhat similar -- they're both hygroscopic, for instance -- they'll both cause or worsen dehydration if you don't drink more liquids, you just won't notice it as much with VG, because of its emollient effect, so it could actually be worse for dehydration -- PG causes a palpable feeling of dryness, which leads to more fluid intake, which is exactly what you should do to counter that drying effect. (non-caffeinated and non-alcoholic)

Also, you should definitely stick to low wattage and high resistance, so as to create a minimal amount of vapor. Vaping IS a lot safer than smoking, thx to the total absence of microscopic "tar" particles and toxic chemicals, but asthmatic lungs will struggle if you keep trying to inhale insane amounts of vapor just to look cool.

And finally... commercial cigarettes contain chemicals which are there to be topical anesthetics -- so, you do worsen your asthma when you smoke, but you don't feel it as much -- BT wants people to smoke as much as possible, and the only way human lungs can do that for years and decades is by camouflaging the damage as much as possible. Giving up cigarettes means getting the topical anesthetics out of your lungs, so ANY smoke will be more irritating -- hence the link I gave above. ;) Vaping won't damage your lungs the way that smoking will, but it may irritate them, causing inflammation, which causes a "mucus" response, and without all those topical anesthetics, you're gonna feel that a lot more than you feel it, from smoking. It won't make your asthma actually worse... but it can definitely make it SEEM worse -- I had to start using Advair when I switched to vaping, though all I needed as a smoker was a rescue inhaler.

Andria

Dimples likes this.